"Do One Thing A Day That Scares You" (Regularly Updated)

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:51 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

(81^+) Accelerated Learning Audio Free Download | New Headline Punctuation

Today: Two "60-60-30 solutions" (credit: Eben Pagan) to completing two "accelerated learning" sessions. The 60-60-30 solution, if you're not familiar, consists of two sixty-minute sessions "it's on"-quality focus followed by a thirty-minute session of pure relaxation. It's highly effective for getting things done.

I've already completed this today with mucho gusto, much pleasure, but I didn't blog about it, so I'm choosing to do two more 60-60-30's before tonight's end. It'll be fun.

Also, from now on, these posts will have the following punctuation:

# = Task Number
^ = Task Launch
+ Task Completed
! = Holy Fuck

And, as promised, here's the audio that I listen to that keeps me EXTREMELY focused on whatever I'm learning at the moment. I used this for memorizing openers with much success. Some experiments will be designed around this to ensure it's effectiveness with other people besides me.

[SoundCloud Link]

That's it for today. I'll update you before I pass out on the two 60-60-30 with the above punctuation, bro!

Your bro,

Aaron

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:27 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

(81B) Masturbating Decreases Your Energy

Near the Kalamazoo River

I cranked one off as soon as the timer went off. I’m either supposed to wait until Sunday or actually fuck a woman, bro. Should I feel guilty? Perhaps not. I feel drained whenever I chicken-choke.

Let Karma decide, I say!

So it goes, I just finished reading “The Dark Side” edition of The Gary Halbert Letter (in addition to all his Boron Letters… in addition to Ogilvy on Advertising… in addition to Scientific Advertising… in addition to The Robert Collier Letter Book). Here’s a quote from his letter:

“Picture this: It’s about two o’clock on a Monday afternoon. The door to the bank opens and in walks what appears to be a young guy in his 30′s who has been working on a road gang. He’s wearing faded and torn blue jeans, a sloppy sweatshirt and he’s carrying a canvas bag over his shoulder. He waits patiently in line and, when he gets to the teller, he tells her he wants to make a deposit. And then in full view of all the customers in the bank and its employees, this rather shabby-looking young man starts pulling out wads of checks and cash and stack them side-by-side a foot or so high in front of the open-mouthed teller.

Sort of asking for it, wasn’t I?

Well, I got it and it went down like this: One day in the first week of July, 1973, just after dark, I went to get the groceries out of the trunk of the car. The car was outside the garage and, as I was coming from inside the house, I had to push the button that would open the garage door automatically. As soon as the door went up, I saw two figures standing outside the garage wearing ski masks. At first I thought they were kids and I started to bitch. But the complaint died in my throat as I discovered they were indeed adults and were both armed with .45 caliber handguns. Have you ever seen a .45? I carried one for three years when I was an MP and they are scary. Especially when you are looking into the business end of one of those monsters.

One of the guys marched me over to the air conditioner unit on the west side of the house just outside the garage and had me take off my glasses and give them to him. Then, he did something strange; he said to me very politely, ‘I’m putting your glasses here on top of the air conditioner so they’ll be easy to find when this is over.’

Then he marched me back into my house where his buddy had already subdued my wife, Nancy. Then they tied me up, blindfolded me, gagged me and put me inside a canvas sack.

They also did all this to Nancy except they didn’t put her into a sack.

Then, they ransacked the house. They took our “emergency” silver coins, they took a cherished heirloom ring that Nancy had been given by one of her favorite relatives and they took sacks of mail all containing checks from our recent full-page ad in “Parade” magazine.

At this point, Nancy said, ‘Gary, do something! They’re even taking the mail!’

But what was I to do while all tied up inside a canvas bag?

Anyway, they wanted more and they began to threaten us. However, after a while, they were convinced there was nothing else to get and they left, taking my car (a Cadillac naturally) and all the loot they had gathered up including thousands of checks written to “Good News Inc.” which were worthless to them. By the way, before they left one of them said, “This is what happens to people who make a lot of money and who live in a big house like this.”

I should know by now not to be too sure with using this much of the text for a blog post–but I’m attempting to link as much to the original page as possible here to avoid any shit from GH’s crew.

Let them have mercy on me for sharing Gary’s tragic tale.

In the interim, I’d like to be well rested between now and when I’m fucked by copyright laws in the case that I’m not allowed to quote such a large amount of text, so sleep I shall go to.

Good night, brother.
Aaron

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:52 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

(82^) Cultivating This Laziness Guarantees Wealth

Near the Kalamazoo river

I'm lazy.

Not lazy in the usual sense like you might think with couch potatoes and gamer dudes. No. I'm talking about lazy in that I'm for using 1% of one hundred people instead of 100% of my own effort to make something happen, even if it only saves me 5% of the effort because of communication requirements.

So, because I'm lazy, I'll be chilling out at Panera studying advertising books until the sun comes down. Or until the store closes. During this time, I'll have anywhere between one and five people come see me during this time.

It's gonna be biblical when I have thirty assistants all over Kalamazoo doing my dirty work--muahaha! Even though the dirty work is totally an honorable thing to do in and of itself, if only because someone else feels a sense of satisfaction from doing this dirty work very well.

So it goes, today's task is the following:
  • Do two the accelerated learning sessions (which I published on SoundCloud last night) with The Lazy Man's Way to Riches and Break-Through Advertising by Eugene M. Schwartz.
    Optionally, Photoread and activate (ALS) Ben Suarez's pamphlet called 7-Steps To Freedom, which is a reall powerful read. I've already skimmed over it once, and there are some really unique ideas to contemplate regarding your copywriting career.
Before I sign off, I want to share something that I learned from The Boron Letters by Gary Halbert. The thing I want to share is that we can succeed best by offering people what they already want to buy. And to find out what people already want to buy, we just need to observe. Observe Google data. Observe list books. Observe "SRDS", which I don't know exactly what it is, but Gary recommends it. Observe sold listings on eBay. Observe best-selling items on Amazon and other outlets like Etsy.

Really does seem kind of simple when you think about, doesn't it?

Onward, my friend!

Sincerely,
Aaron D. Bell
The Ravin' Maven
of DIscomfort

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:22 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Near the Kalamazoo River

Not that I didn't complete today’s task or anything. But I didn’t complete today’s task… NEARLY as well as I wanted to. Because it was weird.

For example, I was having to find the original 7 Steps to Freedom PLUS I had recently discovered a download link for How to Write a Good Ad. It was all very (essentially) distracting stuff. Also, I had my impending doom on the thirteenth (credit card debt…) on the the back burner of my mind, so, all in all, this was a day filled with high points and low points.

Time to step it up a notch…

So it goes, even though this post concludes the day (yes!), I’ve decided that it’s in my best interest to get every. Fucking. Detail on paper that I want to have happen. Because if specificity is how you get a person to do something you want them to do, then it’s critically important that I use specificity for getting ME to do what me wants me to do.

Specifically, I’m going to rest for precisely thirty minutes after I publish this blog post, and then I’ll do a 60-60-30 where I do nothing but elaborate my goals and define EVERYTHING I want in hardcore, specific details. For example, Joe Karbo, in his book The Lazy Man’s Way to Riches, has a checklist of things to do with your goals. Specifically (I love specifics), he asks/says:

"Is it expressed in total detail? (Not a big new car; not a big, new $35,000
car; not a big, fancy Mercedes; instead: a brand new, black Mercedes,
Model 380SLC with ____ listing every detail as though you had to depend
on this description alone after giving the company your cash!) … or
anything else. (If it’s a house, make it exact in the same degree of detail.)"

His entire book evolved my thinking. Which blows my mind, because he’s totally evolved Think & Grow Rich to a new level. Napoleon Hill set the foundation, I believe, but Joe Karbo freaking blows Napoleon Hill’s philosophy beyond proportion with this level of “getting you to do it” ability. To be specific (yes!), I actually intended to just skim this book for the juicy details, but every single word pulls me in!

He’s so talented a writer, ever word he writes is like opening up my skull and sliding my exposed brain up a pole of orgasm. Seminal’s a word that only barely describes it.

They say the person with the strongest frame controls the interaction. What is a frame but a really specific, detailed picture of how things need to be? With that being the case, I’m really excited to get started on doing this. I may even go as far as memorizing every word of this list.

You’ll be hearing about this with tomorrow’s launch. Especially because I’ll probably included this blog as a part of what I go into detail about.

Sincerely,
Aaron Bell

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:37 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

(83+) Video Editing Takes Time

(Launch Post: "Today’s task: Launch a video on copywriting to YouTube on an account named after the Archimedes lever.")

Near the Kalamazoo River

I think it’s a good idea to fuck up the first time, because it gives you the chance to NEVER fuck up again. To illustrate this, we can take my commitment to make a complete video on a topic around Internet Marketing by 6:15 PM or else pay $49 to a friend of mine, Enache.

The PowerPoint video is STILL processing.

I have a guiding policy where I can click accept as long as 80% of the agreement is held. This allows me to remain flexible in the case that something comes up while preserving the integrity of the agreement. Though I could be hard-ass about this, I simply think that being a 100% perfectionist goes against my character. I’m really a flexible guy.

As the wheel of time rolls, I won’t have a choice but to find out what the consequences of this decision bring me. What’ll probably happen is that some key issue will not be met–but it’ll technically be part of that 20% that I allow to slide by. If I don’t follow through and build the habit of 100% accountability here soon, that’s what’ll probably happen.

I can at least say that it was my choice to make it this way, though.

Sincerely,
Aaron D. Bell

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:25 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

(84^) Success! And Downright Failure.

Near the Kalamazoo River

(After post note: Wow. It’s amazing how much more you feel like talking when you feel “observed.” Maybe I could manufacture this “observed” feeling even when no one’s watching. It makes it a whole lot easier to do certain things like writing.)

Well damn. I woke up this morning (afternoon… it was 1:30 PM) in a frenzy, because I was supposed to me my assistants-to-be at a coffee shop in downtown Kalamazoo. Frantically throwing clothes in the air to select the perfect outfit to where, I strike gold. And by gold, I mean a heavily wrinkled, white shirt with varying greens plaiding it.

It might be weird that I love ironing, but I really enjoy the contrast of how ugly the shirt was before ironing with the how beautifully sheen the dress shirt looks when complete cleaned. It’s not painful to do, like when I first started, so I’m proud of how well (and how quickly) I can do it. Needless to say, this was a highlight of my day. Which is pretty depressing.

Anyway, I wrap the shirt around me to then realize i’m not wearing pants. I would probably need to keep the iron on. (Yessss.) After I press my designer pants, I’m ready for the day!

Fast forward eight hours and I’m zoning out at my wall. “I need to run so baaad!” As a result of oversleeping from yesterday’s goal-writing session, I didn’t run my Hour of Power. My day was filled with super jitters, and I can’t keep my mind focused on anything important for more than 2 minutes–which is waaay out of the norm from usual 2.5 minutes. All the positive self talk (hypnosis) and deep breathing patterns in the world got nothin’ on exercise!

Ugh, I had so much debate in my mind on whether to bold and underline that, or to just leave it bold. Oh well. We’ll just have to hope that it sounds like the twelve-year-old gamer inside of me who acts like he’s tough shit when pwns you at Halo 1.

Less importantly than talking about word emphasis on words about activities that compete with exercise, we have a task to launch. Here it goes:

I commit to doing the Hour of Power within 30 minutes of publishing this post (which means when I’ve published it to both WordPress AND pick-up-artist-forum.com) followed by two 60-60-30 sessions of copywriting training. The copywriting training entails ALS-ing Victor Schwab’s book How To Write A Good Advertisement which is an AWESOME book that everyone needs to read. Furthermore, this ALS session involves copying headlines I find onto a Quizlet file to peruse on occasion (daily, I hope!). Then, time-permitting, I actually work on my first advertisement in the fashion that Gary proposes in his article called “Hands-On Experience” (a.k.a. “How To Become A Copywriter In Just 30 Days“). When the time comes to work on that ad, it shall be glorious!

Before I go, I heard a metaphor the other day about women. Specifically, I had heard it from Eric’s Master Series in a Hypnotalk (hypnosis session). He said how there were volumes and volumes of interesting details with women to read. This is really interesting to me, because now that I’m aware of it, I hear fascinating stories all the time:

My brother was mugged on a pizza delivery; he also served in the Navy at Dubai(!)–where people ski indoors and pay people gold to lose weight.
One girl I know’s a bastard child who does whatever it takes to get out of her mother’s house; she wants to be an exotic vet.
Gary Halbert, one of my heroes at this point, flaunted his great wealth and got robbed at gunpoint as a result. Afterward, when he showed certain g-men (specifically… I don’t remember who) his home, they saw the sun reflect off his pool… and chose to use that as evidence to convict him to federal prison. Fuck his life, right?
My mother rose to relative riches from the life of a trailer park girl via the support of my father, who relentlessly persuaded my mother to stick it through college–getting her degree in nursing that she still uses to this day. Now that I think of this history, it’s easy to see why she always yells at us… like trailer park hicks do. That’s where she came from. It’s almost like a female version of Great Expectations, now that I think about it.
___She also had two husbands before my father, both divorced; she had four(!) miscarriages before she had me (I had a 10% chance of living); she smoked while I still inside of her; she’s STOPPED smoking. Which, holy shit! I’ve just now realized the sheer transformation of her not doing that. She’s smoked my whole damn life, and now poof. Or rather un-poof, because it’s so powerful for me to contrast that with the image of her rolling down the window in freezing weather on our first trip from North Carolina to my grandparents up here in Michigan. It was so cold. The damn heaters were cranked up full blast and it did nothing.
___Unfortunately, she didn’t do it before my brother started smoking. People RARELY smoke after the age of eighteen if they’ve never done it before, so I’m absolutely certain he started doing so to “feel connected to mommy.” As degrading as that may sound, it’s powerful how much people crave mother’s love. (I can imagine him reading this now, saying, “I did not do it to ‘feel connected to mommy,’ you little shit!” Hahahaha I laugh at this because you, Jordan, did make such a sorry, stupid decision for that exact reason!! Admit it! You’re logical as fuck and you did the most illogical thing you can ever do! Except maybe for chopping off your testicals, (or worse, your penis), you wanted to be like mother, if only because you felt she didn’t like you enough for getting discharged from the Navy)
I digress. The point of that last part is to illustrate the power of know the deeper details and stories of the people we see every day. If a person arouses utter mind-numbing, face melting, tear-jerking boredom, then that only means we haven’t experienced the pain that came just before when he became boring in the first place! That person you hate being around is a walking clock that circulates the same boring routines because of a very specific event that happened in his past that caused him a lot of pain.

Think about that. It’s got to be something, I bet, that would sell a million novel without a single drop of sweat required. I’m willing to bet my laptop on that even.

Now I’m curious what your story is haha. I’ve already seen some of the people on this blog today who’ve shared some really powerful wisdom–but I’ve never uncovered more than that they’re a sheriff, a prosthetic artist, an accountant, whatever. Jesus, I’ve been missing out on a lot. I really want to know more about you. It’s so freaking interesting once I learn the specifics!

Really, once I boil everything down to the specifics that I want, it really attracts me to doing exactly what I need to do to make life work. Ever since I’ve focused on the specifics involved with a video, I’ve literally improved the quality of my Marketing Video on A/B testing 500%. When I wrote those specific details about my brother, my mom, my father, that at least multiplied the quality of this post by a factor of five from what it would have been otherwise. It’s beautiful!

So, if you haven’t made your goals specific as fuck, then I highly recommend it. You’ll feel afraid of a being wrong at first (because you don’t want to be able to admit so factually that you fucked up and didn’t get the goal), but once you toughen up and say “Yes! This is how I declare it!” You’ll be five thousand percent better off, because you can see everything that you need to do. You can hear the conversations you’ll have and feel that delicous 1852 PInot Grigio slide down through down your calloused throat past the larynx that just vibrated sound frequencies that equal 25,000 words at a 10 hour seminar that you personally gave with Sir Richard Branson at Necker Island on healing your hemorrhoids with power by thinking visually about your ex-cat Fluffy coming back from the dead as a ghost, apparation, in the form of roadkill who summons magical neon green “spirit fish” to swim through the ether past the shingles of your house into your attic down through your ceiling and into your bed under the sheets and into your chocolate starfish as you sleep.

Make that goal now, and you’ll be surprised at how hilariously fast you make twenty times more progress (measurably) to your specific vision. This guaranteed progress, by the way, is exactly why you want to make them big.

That’s all for now, amigo who is interested in gaining social validation from women by learning special tactics and theory from The Game to then show off the women he mates with to all his peers, which will then make him cooler in the eyes of his peers :)

HAHA just kidding!

Sincerely,
Aaron D. Bell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:12 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Near the Dairy Queen by the Kalamazoo River

Near the Dairy Queen by the Kalamazoo River

Have you ever started doing something that you KNOW was going to take you literally twelve hours to finish? You have? Awesome. Because that sounds kind of like what happened with me today.

I’m really a big fan of Getting Things Done, but I have over a thousand entries (and at least a million words written) that need to be perused and defined for action. I kid you not. And the reasons that’s important is because it means that it general takes me four hours to even type the damn things up! It’s crazy. But I’m not complaining

I’ve already done two 60-60-30′s (look it up) for completing it, and I’m throwing in another two before I sleep tonight.

Just updating you’s all.

Yours truly,
Aaron D. Bell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:38 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

(86^) Near the Meijers Area--Making Small Talk With 5 Women

Near the Kalamazoo River

Today's challenge is Day One of Rules of the Game. It's about goddamned time that I do social challenges more than inner, intellectual challenges, right? You think so? Good.

Because I'm going to get some goddamned Sambazon, some god damned creamer, some goddamned chocolate milk, and some goddamned social proof.

Lez go!
Sincerely
Aaron

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:22 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

(86+) Killer Report Coming Tomorrow

Hiyo! There's a massive blog post that needs some time to ferment before finishing up. I'll keep you posted :)

Sincerely,
Aaron

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:51 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

(87^) It's Because I Don't WANT To Do It That I MUST

Near the Kalamazoo River

I really feel this way. Ever since the day before yesterday, I mean. Because changing your values at the deepest core of your being really does that to you.

The killer report that talks about this is still en route. it's over 1,800 words long... it's a monster when you consider that i'm actually editing it. Editing is a fun, comprehensive process that takes a while. So give me a break, eh? :)

Anyway, the reason I titled this blog post such is because I really desire to make my social life balance with m y work life--even if it costs me a little bit in terms of debt. Without a social life balancing the work life, my social dullness (i.e. from lack of social sharpening that comes from interacting with people, cold) might shine through in my writing.

We wouldn't want that, so I'm doing Day 2 of Rules of the Game.
Rules of the Game, it turns out, is something that I've already mostly completed. But as with most things, we must use it or lose it, and I'm working on reawakening some of the stuff that's gone dormant within me via Neil Strauss's process here, vs. just doing my own thing.

So it goes, I also have a duty to hone my professional skills as a copywriter, so I'll go out and do the task between 8:45 and 11:00 P.M. This allows me to also put in a task of two 60-60-30's on the Gary Halbert Copywriting Training that i found and YouTube videos on such topic. Also, Day 2's a bit easier than normal, but I still haven't mastered the "observing her eye color part" because I don't normally pay attention to details like that, so this'll be fun.

I'll come back soon with an update on today in addition to the killer report, which I'll just publish in PDF format due to its length.

Sincerely,
Aaron D. Bell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:24 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Is The Life of a Child Worth 10 eLance Proposals To You? (87^+)

Everywhere, men are missing this crucial, common-sense wisdom:

"After seeing the ad with the headline “IS THE LIFE OF A CHILD WORTH $1 TO YOU?” I immediately associated this to pick up.Does it not make sense that we’re effectively defining the life of our child with the very decisions we make today? Do we not effectively select the women we mate with–through our daily decisions in how to improve our “game”?

Yell at me if I’m wrong, but this is the most powerful motivator for me. Perhaps you don’t get out as much as you should (i.e. never]), but I’m guilty of this, too. I’ve had bills to think about, and it’s been pretty scary to invest the money in the gas to get around.

But, I tell you now… FUCK. THAT. Do you not feel that it’s time to permanently and consistently improve your skill? Is it really not a good idea to stake a commitment where you approach ten women a day for the rest of your goddamned life?

If I sound crude I’m sorry, but this seems like a barrier that’s getting in the way of too many people, including myself at times.

I’m really not into having children of an average upbringing, so I’ll continue to build my finances and ensure that my financial future is freaking solid. But I’m also committed to social prosperity as well.

What are you committed to? I mean, it IS your child who’ll end up either an average-looking boy or girl… or… it’ll be that STUNNING, beautiful, incredible baby daughter that you’ll now have the chance to be the father of!

It’s your decision. Choose wisely."

This post I wrote (originally intended for MPUA Forum) is pretty interesting, I think. It pretty much sums up my attitudes toward doing what’s right at all times. If we neglect the little things–like taking that first step toward approaching that attractive lady (or even getting out at all), we harm our child’s entire physical form. Same thing goes for things like paying off your credit card or mortgage early instead of putting $6 into that pack of Pepsi.

And, look, I don’t even follow these ideas perfectly myself. All I’m saying is that this is a really important idea to consider.

As for today’s task, I had set a challenge for myself to write down 120 headlines. Not much at face value, but it took me four hours to properly write 38 headlines from David Ogilvy’s book, Ogilvy on Advertising. The ads actually work, which means that it’s hard not to get sucked into reading the actual advertisement.

And for a task in general (i.e. for this month), I’ve made a commitment for $49 on StickK to pay off my debt before August 28th, 2013. It’s really important to me that I maintain an “a Bell always pays off his debts” reputation, because I really want to maintain a relationship of absolute trust and integrity with all who might do a background search on me in the future. So, for this reason, I’ll gladly risk $49 to pay my shit off.

I’ll talk with you tomorrow, friend. I’m going to take a one-week hiatus soon, so enjoy these posts while you can ;)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:51 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

(88^+ & 89^+) Instead of a Bi-Daily Blog Post…

Near the Kalamazoo River

You’ll now receive updates on my life in a weekly format. Though I was inclined to make it bi-weekly due to my prolific nature, I’ve realized that the creative process requires time. And time is exactly what’s missing in a bi-daily post (or even a bi-weekly post). Thus, my decision in making this a weekly thing.

It’s not okay to be sad about this. In fact, you’ll should be thrilled. Every sentence will be scrupulously edited as the calculated man might the hooha of a whore.

I’ll see you next week friend :) You can find my daily challenges on StickK.com (just go to StickK.com and search for “DoItNowAaron”–I’m having a hard time finding an exact link to my profile).

Let me know if you agree or disagree with this post ;)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:28 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

The Answer to How To Sell Pop Rocks–Inside

Happy Saturday from the Midwest, U.S.!

Good friend, there’s something you should know. I’m on a quest to find something worthy for this blog. The “thing” needs to stretch my limits and create a new bar for me to achieve emotionally. Perhaps I may need a mentor to help me out here, but I think I might be able to solve this challenge on my own. But what the fuck can I do here? Vitaly goes around saying “Brah. Braah. Do you even lift?” Other people touch a thousand Russian breasts. Some horny howitzers sarge the local bars and clubs and spit robot game (i.e. Mystery Method game). Other people call tough medical sales accounts every day . All-in-all, it just seems that some people have more balls than I do–I’ve been slacking lately!

Time to change that.

People want the most for themselves with the least effort possible. I know that my brain searches for the easiest way to do something at any given moment, so what stops someone else from doing the same? Needless to say, a StickK that says…
  • “You will contact 10 people by phone about copywriting services” or
    “You will talk with 30 women today” or
    “You will submit 40 proposals on eLance today” or
    “You will go knock on 20 people’s doors with at least 2 cars in the driveway to ask them about what their greatest fears or frustrations are”…
…Any StickK like these can only develop the quality of a person’s life… and the size of his or her balls.

I can see how committing to doing something like 2 hours of keyword research would be a totally action toward achieving ANY of my top 3 specific goals (and top 3 objectives for these goals). Yet, I can’t help but believe that all truly uncomfortable things must involve another person. It must involve a physical interaction with another person (i.e. no online interactions). Because it’s only in the physical realm that all three areas must be systematically and completely aligned in order to be congruent with another person (and therefore avoid embarrassment). I.e. The other person must recognize that I’m totally passionate about Pop Rocks candy and know what Pop Rocks candy is made of (as well as show the other person that I’m actually eating the pop rocks as the person talks with me) if I’m to actually sell a certain man or woman a pack of pop rocks.

Everything intellectual and online must escape from my (major) commitments that count toward this blog. Because it’s only through people, anyway, that an entrepreneur’s revenue can increase. So, without further ado, here are are the commitments that I’ve made via StickK.com. I’ve linked each of these except one to its respective StickK web page. If there’s an X, it means I’ve completed it already.
With these commitments made (and some, like the MeetUps, complete) I bid you to take a look at your recent activities. Doing isolated preparation and online marketing is a necessary action, necessary enough to make habit. But, how many of your projects involve actual people? If it’s less than 25%m and especially if it’s less than 10%, then that’s something you should take a look at and act immediately to increase.

See you next week ;)

The Ravin’ Maven
Disciple of The Written Word
Aaron D. Bell

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:40 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I was an IDIOT for not keeping this up. Gimme a minute.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:44 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Examine This Neurosis: How Not To Die Painfully & Live Slowly

For the record, it’s not fun in the moment to do these challenges.

...Severe Neck Tension Combined With Acid Burn
They’re fucking terrible. They hurt my brain. And indigestion combined with severe neck tension combined with acid burn in my upper back torso… and you basically have what I go through on a daily basis.

Yet they’re also fucking elite and uplifting. Nothing’s more inspiring than seeing something so painful pass… not too unsimilarly to that of passing a self-induced kidney stone… or tearing up the muscle of the biceps and pecs via barbells for a moment.

Anyway, that’s just an intro to what’s to come. For this week, I chose to do and did the following:

Water dance in the middle of my road while waiting for cars to let me pass on a busy street near downtown Kalamazoo
Make out with a girl I’ve been hanging out with… challenge her on her fellatio skills… get a rather amazing blowjob (I haven’t received “good head” before)
Submit proposals on eLance and the Warrior forum like a motherfucker… I’ve got $1,700 of debt to clear up on my American Express Platinum Card
Visualize for three hours a day for two days in a row
Asked over a thousand questions to Eben Pagan’s Patterns of Personality program and answered each on Evernote… to upload to a private Quizlet file
Read up on what people have been complaining about on forums like the Warrior Forum and the PUA forum

...Before I Talk About The Elephant In The room
Before I talk about the elephant in the room, the $1,700, I’d like to break down the water dance.

It’s incredible to me how naturally that just occurred, because the process of crossing my arms and full-out water dancing just came naturally to me. I just loved to have a certain, captive audience smile at a me from behind tinted windshields. It was almost as if their attention and approval fed a warm, glowing energy into my soul that would lift my feet with the winds of love as I would then complete the run.

Then again, I did the exercises from Become The Extrovert exercise I outlined in the previous post, so it’s not really surprising to me that something like this would become natural for me.

...Handling This Credit Card Debt
With regard to credit card debt, I’d like to say that the biggest challenge for me, lately, has been handling this credit card debt. While I was an idiot for racking up this debt, I was also smart for investing it on areas such as: 1) my health (Sambazon, water, chocolate milk), 2) personal assistance, 3) Books such as Ogilvy on Advertising and 4) Coaching from Eric. But, with that rationale for why my idiocy was allowed, let’s just say that I would’ve set a better example for my readers if I were to have never had the debt in the first place.

...A Silent Aneurysm of All Success
Anyway, there was a period of 36 hours recently where my parents came over, and I was just feeling “impeded.” I felt as if their very existence caused me to shrink down into a silent aneurysm of all success, all progress that I had created thus far. This mild mental stroke would eventually trigger me when my dad and I fought over the Internet–at two in the morning. I bitched at him for four hours, trying to sell him on killing himself.

...Sick of Him Trying To Do This Power Play Bullshit
I was so sick of him trying to do this power play bullshit. He just wanted to walk in and get into my space because he wanted to express his control over the house, the environment. He wanted to feel that sense of control that he doesn’t get at his job. And even though I can relate to him (I want control over my life more than any other thing that could possibly be desired), he needs to get his control from someone other than me.

So it goes, after this little rant, after I countered his controlling behavior with 4 hours of biting his head off by painting a vivid, disgusting picture of black that included all the things wrong with him, I would eventually write out four pages, in small font and tight spacing, all the ways to kill him. I had developed a 10 step ritual to becoming the most elite assassin that would rival that of the CIA’s. There were the slip-ups (such as blood on the carpet, the nooks, the crannies or people not seeing him at work) that I’d avoid by painstaking preparation. I’d avoid all suspicion by moving out of town for three months before I ever did anything… etc., etc.

...A Very Dark, Very Deep Hole
Anyway, after this BS rant, after this machination of murder, after returning from this fantasy world that I often escape to when my idealistic expectation aren’t met, I realized that I had violated one of my highest values: Absolute, sincere devotion to the growth of other human beings. Anything, and I mean anything, that drives against that value literally triggers a button in me called “Go insane.” After realizing how much I had wanted my father dead, knife dripping with his blood onto a plastic tarp that I had prepared to avoid staining the carpets–avoiding blood detection–I realized I had just jumped down into a very dark, very deep hole where I can’t expect nothing but misery and shame and despair.

...”Crystal Clear Saline Teardrops”
Scraping my sides against the hard stone of this giant holes boundaries at a 128 miles per hour, I wind rushed upward against me. Wind brushes past my face. Crystal clear saline teardrops dart above my prostrate body falling through the abysmal black. In my mind, I have dropped… When my mind returns to the real world, I shout with the fullest of air in my lungs “HELP. ME. DIE. HELP. ME. DIE.” I didn’t want to fucking live at this point. Everything I’ve ever held in my mind for an extended period of time has always been subject to becoming a reality. Every goal that I’ve ever imagined, every idealistic pursuit has somehow manifested in someway shape or form… why wouldn’t this one? I’ve essentially killed my father in advance, therefore, I need to die now.

...Fast Forward 36 Hours
I’m in my house alone, listening to Chillstep, contemplating all the ways to make my offer on eLance the best offer in the entire world. Plotting all the angles, all the avenues in which to annihilate and essentially obliterate my copywriting competition with covertly excessive preparation, I’ve totally forgotten about this whole anger-at-my-father thing. I’ve forgiven my father and have relinquished my pursuit of vengeance. He’s literally out of my mind–with the exception of what I needed to think about to share my experiences with him in this post. What have steps did I take to do this? Let me delineate the steps I’ve taken to rid myself of some soul crushing daddy issues:

...Daddy Issue Non-Issuization
  • With five minutes of meditation, I soothed my mind and body… clearing up my desire to do a
    One hour and fifteen minute run, which cleared my emotional toxins and inspired me to…
    Use a “concentrated” (focused on one person) “Ho’oponopono”… by Eric von Sydow, which quite possibly is favorite mental process of all existence (at least when forgiving specific people)… I followed this concentrated ho’oponopono with…
    A general ho’oponopono–designed for ALL connections I’ve had in the past, then…
    I just went on with my work!
Anyway, if you like this post, maybe you’ll enjoy some of my other posts.

...Posts You May Like:
Introverts Unconsciously Commit Social Suicide! — Becoming An Extrovert
The Answer to How To Sell Pop Rocks–Inside
Is The Life of a Child Worth 10 eLance Proposals To You? (87^+)
If You Want To Let Go… Hold On Tighter (To What You Value Most)

I’ll see you in these other posts.

Your Friend,
Aaron. D. Bell