The reason im awkward

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

Post subject: The reason im awkward
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:48 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I dont know what to say. Whenever im in a social situation involving people I do not know, I dont know how to contribute to the conversation. If im not being talked to directly, I have a tendency not to say anything at all. I can be funny sometimes, but only when an opportunity presents itself. Also, I dont know how to flirt accept maybe mess with her a little. I dont know how to hint at my intentions without coming off as creepy. What is the best way to fix this? And please dont say "Just go talk to chicks" because I really dont know how to just go talk to a random stranger. I know how to strike up a conversation, but only with classmates, co-workers, and friends of friends.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:39 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Mate, you're not awkward. You are trying to become a better man.

You should read Neil Strauss's The Game or the Mystery Method.

Are you in college or out of college?
If you're in college, you need to join a sport, a club, or a fraternity.

If not, then you need to join one of your co-worker's social circles.

The best way to become less awkward is to become funny and a better conversationalist.

Human interaction is about conversation, conversation, and (you guessed it) conversation.
I am going to join college again soon. I will probably be older than 21 when I do so maybe the ability to buy alcohol will make me more attractive.
The problem is, however, you guys seem to be able to hit on strangers, like women you dont know. Kind of what I want to do, fuck girls I dont know, this way there are no strings attached. I am not even good at starting conversations with strangers that im not trying to fuck.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:55 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

So? The only way to become good at something is to do it over and over again. Sure you're gonna have some louzy conversations in the beginning but you'll learn it eventually if you actually take some action (:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:59 pm 
The Coach

post793711.html#p793711

Check out the post I made on there. Talk to guys too bro. Win the guys over... Get the girls.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:02 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

UPDATE:
Guys, im proud to announce I have reached that point where I dont give a shit if people are rude to me, and I think that would be a step in the direction of not caring about rejection.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:05 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
I dont know what to say. Whenever im in a social situation involving people I do not know, I dont know how to contribute to the conversation. If im not being talked to directly, I have a tendency not to say anything at all. I can be funny sometimes, but only when an opportunity presents itself. Also, I dont know how to flirt accept maybe mess with her a little. I dont know how to hint at my intentions without coming off as creepy. What is the best way to fix this? And please dont say "Just go talk to chicks" because I really dont know how to just go talk to a random stranger. I know how to strike up a conversation, but only with classmates, co-workers, and friends of friends.
When you start up a conversation with friends, how does it go? I'm curious.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:19 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
When you start up a conversation with friends, how does it go? I'm curious.
Average, I guess. I make the other guy laugh sometimes. We just kind of talk shit and joke around. Its not really awkward if thats what you are wondering.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:11 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:

The greatest thing that will help you my friend is get involved in improvisation or stage acting. You will learn a lot of human interaction techniques.

One thing I say is work on your reactional skills. You don't have to be the most talkative one, in fact, you can just be the listener and react strongly to what other person says...they'll appreciate you more letting them in the spotlight instead of hogging it.

Have an interesting life and do something so that way you can have stories to tell that pops up that is relevant to the current situation