Using NLP to overcome Approach Anxiety

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:41 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Hi guys. So, I've been reading Introducing NLP and it has really opened my eyes.

For the past week I have been using an anchor of a beautiful mental visual of a time when I didn't feel uncomfortable speaking to a woman, I have associated it with the trigger word "Jen" and the kinesthetic trigger of touching my forefinger to my thumb.

Now whenever I am about to approach and AA starts to give me a problem, I just touch my finger to my thumb, say "jen" softly to myself and smile at the mental picture of a successful social interaction with a woman.

When I do that, I immediately smile the biggest smile which disarms the target, eleviates AA, makes approaching fun and funny and then I just go with direct approach: Don't you look nice?! Are you? Nice? "Of course I'm nice" That's good because a positive outlook is rare. If a boyfriend objection arises, say slyly and with a grin, "You don't have a boyfriend" as you wave your jedi hand in front of her face.

Very simple method to approaching, conquering AA, and turning a direct approach into cocky funny and intriguing the girl.

-Bluesy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:48 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Good stuff man. I should give that a try sometime. I am getting over approach anxiety by tallying my approaches, so I have a sub conscience understanding that one approach isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:57 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Hi guys. So, I've been reading Introducing NLP and it has really opened my eyes.

For the past week I have been using an anchor of a beautiful mental visual of a time when I didn't feel uncomfortable speaking to a woman, I have associated it with the trigger word "Jen" and the kinesthetic trigger of touching my forefinger to my thumb.

Now whenever I am about to approach and AA starts to give me a problem, I just touch my finger to my thumb, say "jen" softly to myself and smile at the mental picture of a successful social interaction with a woman.

When I do that, I immediately smile the biggest smile which disarms the target, eleviates AA, makes approaching fun and funny and then I just go with direct approach: Don't you look nice?! Are you? Nice? "Of course I'm nice" That's good because a positive outlook is rare. If a boyfriend objection arises, say slyly and with a grin, "You don't have a boyfriend" as you wave your jedi hand in front of her face.

Very simple method to approaching, conquering AA, and turning a direct approach into cocky funny and intriguing the girl.

Great stuff, man. Anchoring is one of the best things EVER, rofl. What's really great about your approach is you're using all the modalities, you're making a picture (visual), saying something (audio) and touching your fingers together (touch). I failed at anchoring until I started making multi-sensory triggers.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:46 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have found this to be really helpful during my approaches to alleviate anxiety and I hope others can use something similar to conquer AA.

-Bluesy