I feel needy when I express myself

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:07 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Alot of times when I try to tell someone something, at a time when I'mreally trying to express myself, I feel like I'm being needy, or have an extreme feeling of insecurity, like I should be saying what I'm saying. Why? what could cause this? what do I do about it?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:00 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Because you're seeking reaction. You have to understand that it's ok to be insecure and embrace it instead of fighting against it. Become comfortable with your insecurities. For example when I started off I was very insecure about my conversation abilities, so what I used to do is fill in the silences, be extra energetic(try hard) to make the conversation good. But after I said to convinced myself that's it's 100% ok to be not good at conversations and became comfortable with the fact that I was not good in conversations. After that I became free of outcome with regards to conversation and my conversations auto corrected and I became extremely good at them after a while. Also a good video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc4rWleclXs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:31 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

You should express yourself genuinely, but if you feel you're doing to get a reaction from the girls then you're doing it wrong!

Do YOU live in Manchester, England! If so, please Facebook my email :) cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:09 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

It's only needy when you express yourself expecting good reactions. It's neutral when you just stay quiet and don't express yourself. It's the opposite of needy when you express yourself without giving a crap what people think.

LimitlessAlpha.com

If you're one of those guys who reads countless pick-up material yet still has some trouble meeting and seducing women, because of AA or fear of rejection or whatever, this'll fix you up.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:41 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

You don't have to push it hard on yourself.

Give yourself time to learn and pick up the skills you need.

It's ok to be insecure for NOW, but make sure to do something about getting over it.

We all started out somehow like you, so that's not really a big deal.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:27 pm 
The Coach

Quote:
Because you're seeking reaction.

This ^^

Everything you do and say should come from self amusement. However, you should pay attention to how people react. Don't be seeking a reaction... But don't be socially retarded either by making every situation uncomfortable for everyone around you. Quit thinking so much and just be fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:17 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Alot of times when I try to tell someone something, at a time when I'mreally trying to express myself, I feel like I'm being needy, or have an extreme feeling of insecurity, like I should be saying what I'm saying. Why? what could cause this? what do I do about it?
You're supposed to feel exposed. Maybe you're just confused about what your feeling is called? Being needy is just like being exposed, but it's a particular type of exposure. Being exposed is like when someone reads what you've written or sees you drawing. In both cases we're worried about what the other person thinks.

It doesn't matter though. In those moments is much better to be truthful and simply accept it, like when you're caught in a lie.