Glasses or no glasses

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

Post subject: Glasses or no glasses
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:01 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

This has probably been brought up already but I couldn't find it!

Just wondered what people think about wearing glasses or no glasses? I'm thinking glasses have their pros and cons. Glasses can make you look intelligent, but it's hard to look a bad boy wearing them. They can make you look dorky if you wear the wrong pair or highly fashionable with the right pair.

What do people think? Maybe wear them on and off depending on the mood and look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:23 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

No, don't wear glasses.. if you are and has an eye problem better wear contacts.

-TNP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:12 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

any thoughts on why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:10 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

In theory, it's a clear statement of you possessing a defect.

In practice, I think people are so accustomed to it that it doesn't matter.

I do think though glasses can take some AA away, because wearing them makes someone feel somewhat shielded, as if he was wearing a mask. And we all know how ballsy everyone gets when we wear masks. This won't work on your regular specs though I guess, as you're probably used to them. Get some special sarging glasses, helps building up your avatar as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:33 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I feel like very stylish glasses can make a guy look more attractive. I have about 10 pairs of glasses (shop for them on zennioptical.com they are cheap as balls) If I am going to try and pick up college chicks I wear more hip/indie glasses. If we are going somewhere more upscale I wear something more sophisticated. I do have contacts as well but I treat my glasses like a belt. Make it match. I would say 75% of the chicks I talk to remark on how cool my glasses are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:19 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
Glasses can make you look intelligent

Maybe you mean NERDY? glasses are alright only if you are reading a book and cannot really see , if you have no eye problem then don't.. contact lenses is your friend and is gonna replace those glasses.. trust me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:10 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
I feel like very stylish glasses can make a guy look more attractive. I have about 10 pairs of glasses (shop for them on zennioptical.com they are cheap as balls) If I am going to try and pick up college chicks I wear more hip/indie glasses. If we are going somewhere more upscale I wear something more sophisticated. I do have contacts as well but I treat my glasses like a belt. Make it match. I would say 75% of the chicks I talk to remark on how cool my glasses are.
^^^Yes. Experiment. Some people even look better with glasses. No girls gonna think you're defective because you're wearing glasses.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery... None but ourselves can free our minds. - Bob Marley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:59 pm 
Mr. Nemo

Quote:
Quote:

Maybe you mean NERDY? glasses are alright only if you are reading a book and cannot really see , if you have no eye problem then don't.. contact lenses is your friend and is gonna replace those glasses.. trust me
Glasses don't really hurt your game really when it comes to girls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:14 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, but you want to show a great style and you don't need one of those if it's not really required for you to wear one .. :D

-TNP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:30 pm 
Mr. Nemo

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, but you want to show a great style and you don't need one of those if it's not really required for you to wear one .. :D

-TNP
What is consider great style is high subjective. :wink: Tho this is not to say there are not universal things that are out right ugly and what have you. :P I I agree with you that one shouldn't wear glasses if they haven't been wearing them all their lives. But those like me that have, I look better with them as my face has adjusted to them so its part of me. And in my experience it has yet to really hurt me any when it comes to girls. Actually it has help me on an occasion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:27 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

everyone is different, everyone has a different style/look but from personal experience my game is exponentially better with contacts instead of glasses, especially the higher on the scale the girl you are gaming is

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:32 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Bear in mind that glasses looks significantly cooler than walking into things.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:32 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Glasses can always makes you look cool.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:53 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

What it comes down to is what you look the most confident in imo...

I don't have a preference but I feel more comfortable in mine (physically) because if I don't wear them my eyes feel weird. I can see ok without them also. I've had girls tell me I look meaner, which they liked, without them. It's different across the spectrum and again comes down to what you feel you look best in.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:43 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

My game turned around after chucking the 11 pairs of glasses I had (different pars for different occasions or outfits).