Slim fit jeans - yay or nay?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:23 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Ok so i went to River island last weekend, ask the girl working there, she fitted me out and got me to try on some slim fit jeans...GODDAM theyre uncomfortable,
I never wear them, i think they should stay on women, however she loved them on me, and i said id buy and wear them if she'd come for drinks.. which she did :P

Is it a particular style only certain women like? is it gay? I dont really feel comfortable in them, like i lost a bit of masculinity haha

Give us your thoughts!

Cheers,

Boyo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:48 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Skinny jeans look horrible, Slim Fit jeans however look GREAT.

I only ever wear slim fit jeans. Loose fitting stuff just looks horrible IMO. Just makesure they're not too tight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:37 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

I had the same delima. I wanted to diversify my look so I got a pair of skinnies. I'm skinny which I think actually helps. Nobody wants to see thick legs packed in skin tight jeans.They r really snug but not too bad for one night out a week. I wouldn't want to wear them all the time tho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:20 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Depends how YOU think you look in them. Personally I love skinny jeans, and they feel awesome. Anytime you get a boner a girl can obviously see..
great conversation starter when you catchem looking ;D

not horrible

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:45 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

It really depends on how skinny they are, i bought a pair of 'cheep monday' skinny jeans and they expand when you put them on. Personally i think they look quite good depending on what you wear with them and they are extremely comfy.

If you find them uncomfortable then why wear them? You'll look a lot better if you're laidback and look comfortable in your surroundings than wearing a certain pair of jeans.

Yes, of course certain woman will like them and certain woman won't, same way that some girls like ginger hair and some girls like to be sh*t on. Everyone's different! It's only gay if you put them on with the intention of pulling guys and thinking "wow, my ass looks HUGE in these!"

Also, did you mean emotionally uncomfortable (couldn't think of a better word) or physically uncomfortable? Like did you feel insecure while wearing them as well?

Hope it helps,
X

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:25 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Don't forget the girl is trained to sell you stuff. She might say something looks good on you just to make you buy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:37 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Skinny jeans is not what I meant when I said "Get into her pants!" Just saying...Had to troll on this one :shock:

Peace...

You need to stop bending over and letting her ass fuck your brain! - Heywood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:52 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

The pants you wear depends on your body type. If you are thin, then you definitely want slim cut pants. But, there is a difference between slim and skinny. Skinny is more hipster-ish and even "gay." But, for a skinny guy, slim pants just look like pants that fit well.

You want clothes that somewhat hug your body and show off the shape of your body. If your clothes fit too lose, it makes you look more skinny if you are skinny, or more fat if you are fat. Too many guys try to wear bigger clothes thinking they can hide their body's imperfections in them. Doesn't work that way, it only makes you look worse. Too much fabric is bad.

Last year, Men's Health had a special edition to "Build Your Perfect Life!" Jeans was one of the things they talked about and which cut to wear for specific body types.

Here is the simplified list, based on body type:

Athletic - Straight leg, Athletic cut, Boot cut,

Average - Straight leg, Boot Cut

Stocky - Athletic Cut, Relaxed fit

Thin - Slim straight, Slim boot

I used to not pay any attention to the cut of my pants, only the size. I was wearing athletic cut, relaxed fit, boot cut... anything. And I was comfortable wearing them and thought I looked good in them. I thought I was hiding my skinny legs. Then, after researching a bit about proper men's fashion and learning that the fit of your clothes is the most important thing, I decided to give a pair of slim fit jeans a try.

At first I felt really uncomfortable in them. I thought they were too tight and everyone would see how skinny my legs were. But, after wearing them for a day or two, I began to feel really comfortable in them. I began to like how they looked and realized that they didn't make my legs look skinny. They actually gave my legs some shape and fit my body really well.

Then when I tried to wear one of my old pairs of jeans, I realized how ridiculous I looked in them and poorly they fit me. I had no shape in them and they made my legs look like flag poles. Straight, skinny, long, and with baggy pants as a flag. I gave away all my old pants to goodwill, and bought a bunch of slim cut pants.

I've found that Levi's 514 (slim straight) and 597 (slim boot) are the perfect pant for my body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:58 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

It depends on your style.

I wear skinny jeans and even drain pipes sometimes and one of my most common compliments is on how well I dress, admittedly some insecure guys have called me gay, but that reflects more on them really.

But if you're wearing skinny jeans, you've got to compliment it with other metro stuff. I wear necklaces and rings and all sorts of jewellery.

In fact, in England, skinny jeans are pretty common and no one ever really thinks anything of a guy wearing them. Baggy jeans are often ridiculed far more than skinnies.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:05 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Ok so i went to River island last weekend, ask the girl working there, she fitted me out and got me to try on some slim fit jeans...GODDAM theyre uncomfortable,
I never wear them, i think they should stay on women, however she loved them on me, and i said id buy and wear them if she'd come for drinks.. which she did :P

Is it a particular style only certain women like? is it gay? I dont really feel comfortable in them, like i lost a bit of masculinity haha

Give us your thoughts!

Cheers,

Boyo
Depends on what kind of style you have. If you give me a slim fit/skinny jeans you'll laugh. I don't think it's gay, I think it have to suit you :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:59 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Most people will agree that feeling comfortable in your new clothes is the most important thing. Most people cannot pull of the skinny jeans because they feel self-conscious.

Slim fit jeans are the best choice for most people. They are flattering and come in many different fits and styles. Some 'slimmer' than others etc

Anybody reading this...get your jeans to fit you perfectly around your waist and leg and avoid any baggy type jeans. They belong in the 90's!

P.S. It was a great move by the OP to get a new wardrobe. I did the same thing myself. Made such a difference in the beginning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:25 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Some girls dig guys with that stile.
Me personally i wear Slim Jeans.. and once in a while i do use skinny jeans..
i tend to get the type of chicks i want to attract.
so depends on which type of chicks you want.. that would make it easier. but don't do it for the girls do it because you feel good wearing them..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:08 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Yea, slim fit is the way to go. Baggy jeans are for gang bangers and guys who didn't make it out of the 90s. Levi's and relaxed fit are for dad's and AFCs. Skinnies are for kids and hipsters. A pua should be fit, not fat or super skinny. And his jeans should fit perfectly and show off his trim waist and butt (not to sound gay). That's what women want to see after all.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:12 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Waxed or coated denim.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:29 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I gotta say, I'm a fan. That could be because I'm tall, skinny and have runner's legs though :P