Straw Man Technique

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Tools & Techniques of Game: Meeting, Attracting and Seducing Women » Mid-Game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:09 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Used it the other day with a girl who has a boyfriend:

Me
Must be good having someone who keeps you on edge, and isn't dull and to keep up with your wit.

Her

Yeah since freshers but I didn't wanna commit for ages. Was having fun, but not sustainable. But no, he can't keep up with my wit haha. He's pretty whipped. He's here for good sex/ complimenting me and when I get bored of that i'll dump him.
Oh dear, the above made me sound vile/ so mean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:20 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I've actually inadvertently does this from a very young age... but thank you for putting this idea into formal language!

As a kid, whenever I would get jealous of a girl, I quickly found taking shots at her boyfriend or fellow she is dating will only gravitate her towards this guy (this is the reason that being a "hater" to a player will only help him). So what I began doing around age 15 was over complementing the guy, just stacking them on. Of course, this was in a more subtle manner, and not directly to the girl.

If you are ever with a group and competing with this guy, put him on the spot, i.e. if you perform a magic trick in front of the group, teach him a semi-easy one and watch him fail, it's ALL about cracking the guy, but subtly.

Post subject: Soooo stealing that one
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:48 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Thats crazy sick, boyfriend always comes up when sarging many girls. Cool thing is this could be used way more then just with the BF (fuck yea >:D)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:28 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I do think some of the those lines are really blunt and obvious. But, what I found worked is a girl considered getting back with her ex. Now I knew she was saying this to get me to work harder because I was doing the same thing to her.

The first time she mentioned it to me I didn't let it phase me, I just laughed and acted cocky saying "Well we weren't going to work out anyways." She just laughed and hit me on the arm.

However, then when she mentioned him a second time, she was a bit drunk this time I was a little turned off by this notion, so I made it clear I was exaggerating when I said

"Gee, you and your ex, that guy must have put you on a pedestal higher than the world, fulling you in every way imaginable, for you to be thinking about him so much. You're crazy for breaking up with someone like that!"

She immediately started defending herself listing all these reasons she broke up with him.

She hasn't ever mentioned him again since then.

Post subject: Re: Straw Man Technique
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:51 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Hey Guys,

I want to take a moment now to elaborate on dealing with girls with boyfriends. Guys, if you’re like me you want to get the extremely hot girls [HB9+]. The “problem” is these girls are NEVER single. They are always gonna be involved in a ‘relationship’ with someone [or quite often a couple guys]. Now this is where the ethical question comes in….is it cool for you to continue to sarge a girl who happens to be ‘in a relationship’, i.e. has a boyfriend, is married, or whatever… Excluding the situation where the girl happens to be your friend’s girlfriend [this situation brings up a completely different ethical question which I will not be addressing here], her fidelity is a moral question that only SHE can answer.

Think of it this way, how arrogant are you being to assume that you know what’s truly going on in her current relationship? How presumptuous are you being to assume she is getting everything she needs out of that relationship? How do you know she’s not in an open relationship? And goddammit, why are you selling yourself short knowing that people are always looking for an upgrade and you’re not viewing yourself as her opportunity to trade up?? Point is, she may be in the perfect relationship for her, she may not be. She may be the type that sleeps around even when she is in a ‘committed’ relationship, she may not be. Whatever her situation and character is, the moral question to be faithful to her current boyfriend is a question only she can answer.

That being said, how do you deal with the boyfriend objection?? The typical AFC will usually try to get the girl by belittling and berating her current boyfriend. They will typically say stuff like he is a jerk and that she deserves better [the presumption being that he is better]. NEVER DO THIS!! EVER!!! What you are really doing here is not belittling her boyfriend, you are insulting her. You are subcommunicating that she has bad taste in men. You are saying that she is the idiot girl who stays with a guy that’s not good for her. Ultimately by going this route your underlying subcommunication is that she is in a bad relationship and she deserves nothing better….Well, guess what guys even if your AFC plan to get rid of the boyfriend works and she does break up with him, she certainly isn’t going to be trading up to you. Remember you framed her as having bad taste, so she certainly isn’t going to go out with you to further illustrate this point, is she? Do you guys see the power of setting proper frames?

So now you’re thinking, “Well, Adonis, how do I do it then?” I personally have a few methods I like to use. Sometimes, I use just one….sometimes just a couple…often times I’ll use them all. I like to think of “boyfriend destroying” as a form of “absentee AMOGing”.

I’ve always found the best way to AMOG is to build the guy up like a giant straw man. So guys, I present you a new community term: Straw Man Technique (SMT). In logical reasoning there is a fallacy known as the Straw Man Fallacy. Basically how it works is you refute an argument by building it up to be something it isn’t, then you refute that. For example, I could build George W. Bush up to something like a modern Jesus Christ [or whoever!] and then attack him for not quite measuring up to the ridiculous standard I presupposed him to have. I haven’t really attacked George Bush perse’, I’ve only attacked the fact that he’s not Jesus Christ [or whoever]. You can do this when you AMOG. I like to put a ton of social pressure on the AMOG by making him out to be bigger than life–something that he can never measure up to. Why do I do this? The weight of the enormous amount of social pressure I’ve now heaped upon him will cause him to crumble. He will blow himself out and slink away…all this and you’ve never insulted him. I have executed the perfect SMT on him. The funny thing is, you only have to do the Straw Man framing, they will do the rest. It reminds me of the origin of the term “Straw Man Fallacy”. It comes from the practice of building big straw man in the likeness of the enemy for soldiers to practice attacking. All you have to do is provide the straw man….the troops of social pressure will tear him down.

{By the way, as a side-note, this is part of the reason why guys will blow themselves out when they go in supplicating a woman. When you treat her like a Goddess from the beginning, you tell her how beautiful she is, you buy her all sorts of fancy gifts, you are heaping a lot of social pressure on her–the kind of pressure she can’t live up to…So what ends up happening? She blows you out so she doesn’t have to deal with that kind of social pressure! SMT in action! (counter-productive action, but SMT nonetheless!)}

Some of my favorite SMT boyfriend destroyers:

“You have a boyfriend? Oh my god, it must be so incredible to be with a guy who knows how to fulfill you in every way you truly need to be fulfilled.”

“I’ll bet you’re like his little princess that he would go to the end of the earth to satisfy your every desire no matter how silly it was….and no matter what the cost was for him….that is so cute.”

“I’ll bet he’s the kind of guy that places you up on a pedastal so he can worship you on the throne.”

What does this stuff do? First of all, prima facie it seems really sweet of you to say these things [you've built your cute little straw man], but really you’re doing some sneaky shit here. Basically you’re building him up to an impossibly high level….and he’s not going to be able to measure up to it. This will cause her to think of all his shortcomings and all her unfulfilled needs and desires [she attacks your straw man and destroys him]. Guess who she is gonna be thinking about filling those voids with? The guy that is so fucking alpha that he can talk to her like this. Also, no woman of quality would actually respect a guy like this. So even if she did think of him as being a quality guy, she will now start seeing how all those nice things he does for her, really demonstrates his low value….and you will implicitly gain value for covertly bringing this up.

See how this works guys?? Damned sneaky, Damned effective!! Guys, start practicing your Straw Man Techniques! Develop some of your own….share them here!

A little later I will get to the other aforementioned techniques for boyfriend destroying. In the meantime, have fun playing with SMT.
That was great man, thanks much. This will work for my current situation. Met an HB9, was broken up from a bad relationship, met her had some laughs and then she says well I think I am going back to him. I negged her, gamed her, and even fell into the friend trap, until I realized it and went back to negging and even insulting her once in awhile and it worked. She said she was a bitch and and I agreed and she said thank you! Before I was just being AFC, you are so pretty blah blah blah. Great post thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:59 pm 
The name of the mothefucking game

Hey guys what i wrote here came out kind of confusing, here is the break down, this dude is 100% right on the way to do it, and is similar to my experience doing this, i may also make a field report on this(just scare cause the girl is editing my book lol):

viewtopic.php?p=647593#647593

Dancefloor/Club game youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/dancefloorseduction

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:55 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Recently used this technique with a surprising/disturbing amount of success.
Used it on a girl i used to date, who has been dating a guy for the past year. I knew their relationship was not very stable and addressed this with SMT, getting her to realize all the faults in their relationship. A few days after i entered the picture with this technique they were broken up. I cant attribute it fully to SMT, because many other factors are in play, but i think it is very possible that the repeated use of it contributed significantly.
It was definitely not my goal to break up a long term relationship, but i don't feel guilty since it was such an abusive relationship.

Hopefully now i can more easily hook up with her at least haha

-Spear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:20 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

i have never thought of this that way. this is good

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:21 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Excellent thread.

One thing people need to realise though is that just because you use the SMT on a girl doesn't mean you have to end up in a relationship. Most people in here seem to be talking about their friends and using which is fine, but I think the OP might have been talking about using it on a random person at a club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:53 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Was this work if she already knows that I know she's in a relationship and she mentions the boyfriend, such as when she feels guilty about seeing me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:35 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

AOL: geo10dude
Quote:
uhmmmmm! sorry but i respectfully disagree with this... With girl with boyfriend, my technique is to be the friends where she comes for relationship advise, and she knows i have other women i am wanted, like the movie "the ugly truth"... I will try for her to ask me relationship advise, when she is having problems and i will point out, the bf lack of skills and what he is doing wrong, and how i would handle it, that will bring higher value.... i will also will point out what she is doing wrong, and always respectfully flirt of course...it works... So i am fucking with her indirectly and she start with time "falling out of love", then when she is done i am in..I got about 5 women TO GET DIVORCES... no proud of that though..
Best point I have seen so far. The other end of the spectrum works very well too though. If you don't mention her boyfriend at all and run your regular game, she will figure out on her own if you can satisfy her more than whoever she may currently be with. As a matter of fact she might not even bring him up if she likes you enough.

Post subject: Re: Variation on SMT
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:38 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
New here, but need to chime in on this one. I think there is some real value to this approach, but I also think there are two parts necessary for it to work. I've used various types of this technique for years in college some...........

There's a lot of good points on this response. Just too damn long.

I for first, agree with giving her Positive feed instead of negative. it's just more sane. But I honestly can't say if that is the better way. Have you Filed tested this consistently..? If you empower and inspire this girl, in the wrong way, you may come as "nice guy" So, I'd like to hear exactly how and what are you saying to prove this point.

Please PM, me. I'm curios.

And to everybody else.

How can this work, if the girl is in "honey moon mode" Where she is blinded stupid with "Love"
(I know a lot of you will be like. No, don't do it, it's wrong and it's evil, etc...)
But, lets just theorize.

Also, how can you apply this, if the guy she's seeing is fulfilling a lot of strong needs.
I.E. Lots of money, pays her all meals, emotional nurturing.
I really want to think, that a Real PUA has the option to attract any girl he wants.
And so, knowing that there is some form of attraction. I feel like a Real PUA, could put up a real fight, and get the girl!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:10 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Genius method.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:47 pm 
The name of the mothefucking game

Quote:
Quote:
New here, but need to chime in on this one. I think there is some real value to this approach, but I also think there are two parts necessary for it to work. I've used various types of this technique for years in college some...........

I for first, agree with giving her Positive feed instead of negative. it's just more sane. But I honestly can't say if that is the better way. Have you Filed tested this consistently..? If you empower and inspire this girl, in the wrong way, you may come as "nice guy" So, I'd like to hear exactly how and what are you saying to prove this point.

And to everybody else.

How can this work, if the girl is in "honey moon mode" Where she is blinded stupid with "Love"
(I know a lot of you will be like. No, don't do it, it's wrong and it's evil, etc...)
But, lets just theorize.

Also, how can you apply this, if the guy she's seeing is fulfilling a lot of strong needs.
I really want to think, that a Real PUA has the option to attract any girl he wants.
And so, knowing that there is some form of attraction. I feel like a Real PUA, could put up a real fight, and get the girl!

if the girl is happy with her bf, she ain't going any where, do not waste your time...

Dancefloor/Club game youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/dancefloorseduction

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:24 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:
Quote:

And to everybody else.

But, lets just theorize.

hi listen.

If there's someone who attracts her and she gets fully
attracted, she will think that your a player
and that you don't want her at all, you just want
sex from her and dump her.

That's her philosophy. Even that its true or not
she won't dump her boyfriend for you
because of insecurity.

Maybe having sex with her will do
but not the willingness to breakup
With her dream boy. Hope this
was enlightening for you to read