UK Club Dress

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

Post subject: UK Club Dress
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:49 pm 
Dedicated Member

Hi,

I've lived in Spain for a long time to an area where tourists from the UK flock to go clubbing. If anyones been to Spain you'll know that you get away with wearing anything you like in a club, from wearing literally nothing but shorts to dressing up as a cowboy. People rarely dress up smart, the smartest it gets is chinos and a t shirt.

I'm now 50/50 between Spain and the UK and have absolutely no idea how to dress for a UK club. I know you're meant to dress smarter but I'm after some examples.

Would prefer input from people who club in the UK, not AUS or the US.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:09 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

to be honest alot of people wear t-shirts with chinos or dark blue/black jeans

I see alot of people wearing hollister but people also wear shirts too.

Fancy dress is only during haloween but you see a few nights out when people are wearing them maybe like a birthday or something but its not common :)

Soncheese x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:34 pm 
Dedicated Member

Oh right. I was under the impression people wear blazers..maybe not then!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:00 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

lol really?? how did you get that impression

and i mean sometimes you do see people wear a suit (coat) but with jeans

Soncheese x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:17 am 
Dedicated Member

Quote:

Soncheese x
Yeah I meant with jeans lol. Think I'll just stay in Spain and wear my underwear haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:42 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I only go clubbing in my town these days and so not a big city, but here are my observations:

- Don't wear shorts

- Don't wear trainers (although you can occasionally slip past them if you are wearing non-white trainers)

- Some clubs won't let in people in fancy dress

- Most clubs won't let in people who've got their face covered

- Generic club dress is:
- Work shoes (or the shoes they used to wear to school if they don't wear smart shoes for work)
- Jeans in a subtle colour (dark blue/black)
- Darkly coloured button up shirt with a collar

Wear exactly that and you'll be indistinguishable from everyone else at almost every club.

- Type of club affects what you wear. If it's a indie club then leather jackets, t-shirts, necklaces, wrist bands are the order of the day. If it's a student place, wear the generic kit, but with a polo instead of a normal shirt. Go into a club for older people and you'll see more suit jackets.

That's the basics. You learn that the hard way after about a year of clubbing in this country when at least one member of the group will get turned away; "What? These are smart trainers".

I got bored of doing the normal thing shortly after reading the game. I now stand out not because I'm garish, but because I mix it up a little. Some examples include:
- long sleeve t-shirt with buttons 50% down the centre, waistcoat over the top
- basic short sleeve t-shirt with blazer over the top
- For days when I don't want to put any effort into my appearance, I put a pea coat over the top of anything so the bouncers don't see what I'm wearing at the door so I get in problem free. I also wear some deck shoes (never had any problems with them in any club I've tried to get into).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:53 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Depends on the venue.

Sometimes I'll go casual, jeans, t-shirt, leather jacket. Then other times I'll wear a suit. What I do if I go to a club I haven't been before is find last weeks events photos. Not only can I see the kind of attire most people wear, but can also check out the quality of girls to expect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:33 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:

Soncheese x
Yeah I meant with jeans lol. Think I'll just stay in Spain and wear my underwear haha.
hahahaha sounds much better than clubbing in uk lol :lol:

Soncheese x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:40 pm 
Dedicated Member

[quote=""The Gift""]Depends on the venue.

Sometimes I'll go casual, jeans, t-shirt, leather jacket. Then other times I'll wear a suit. What I do if I go to a club I haven't been before is find last weeks events photos. Not only can I see the kind of attire most people wear, but can also check out the quality of girls to expect.[/quote]

Pretty good idea.

Thanks guys, I didn't want to learn the hard way and get turnt away at the door!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:24 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
I only go clubbing in my town these days and so not a big city, but here are my observations:

- Don't wear shorts

- Don't wear trainers (although you can occasionally slip past them if you are wearing non-white trainers)

- Some clubs won't let in people in fancy dress

- Most clubs won't let in people who've got their face covered

- Generic club dress is:
- Work shoes (or the shoes they used to wear to school if they don't wear smart shoes for work)
- Jeans in a subtle colour (dark blue/black)
- Darkly coloured button up shirt with a collar

Wear exactly that and you'll be indistinguishable from everyone else at almost every club.

- Type of club affects what you wear. If it's a indie club then leather jackets, t-shirts, necklaces, wrist bands are the order of the day. If it's a student place, wear the generic kit, but with a polo instead of a normal shirt. Go into a club for older people and you'll see more suit jackets.

That's the basics. You learn that the hard way after about a year of clubbing in this country when at least one member of the group will get turned away; "What? These are smart trainers".

I got bored of doing the normal thing shortly after reading the game. I now stand out not because I'm garish, but because I mix it up a little. Some examples include:
- long sleeve t-shirt with buttons 50% down the centre, waistcoat over the top
- basic short sleeve t-shirt with blazer over the top
- For days when I don't want to put any effort into my appearance, I put a pea coat over the top of anything so the bouncers don't see what I'm wearing at the door so I get in problem free. I also wear some deck shoes (never had any problems with them in any club I've tried to get into).
Great work. Add a jumpsuits for list.