James Franco to play MYSTERY in The Game Movie!!!

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » The Pick Up Artist on VH1 with Mystery

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:55 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Check out this link:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/j ... ist-279206

I knew it was only a matter of time before they turn The Game into a movie. This is probably not a good thing once millions of people see and experience ideas like NEGs and DHVs on the big screen but I'd be lying to say I'm not curious what the film will be like.

"We miss 100% of shots we don't take" - Style quoting someone else!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:39 am 

James Franco as Mystery? Hm that's pretty good casting if you ask me... How tall is he?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:49 am 
Dedicated Member

i doubt james franco is as tall as mystery...mystery is fucking tall lol.....but, on the other hand, james franco is a pretty good actor, in my opinion...and will probably do a decent job.........although the movie might be shit. hopefully it will be good tho and not some "romantic comedy" like 50 First Dates or some bullshit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:13 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I'd prefer for the movie to be bad and gain as little attention as possibly. Simply cuz I want less and less people (not guys wanting to learn pick up but everybody else) to be exposed to the material because I know judgments and anger is gonna come out before the credits even roll.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:41 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

hmm I reckon Adrien Brody would suit the part, he is of a similar type

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:54 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I'm happy and unhappy about the creation of this movie. The Pick up scene is great, it helps you as a man, to develop your own method of seduction, because there is NO guide to help you with women. With the rise of feminism, 40 years ago, two entire millenniums of mentality has been changed. Not only that, the dominant ideology tells you that women want more power, they want to be the leaders, but on the other hand, women also tell you that they want the charming prince. In contradiction, they also want a leader, a protector. All this confusing thoughts make the average guy frustrated. PUA scene bring back believes in women for guys in a certain way. Which is excellent.
BUT, PUA can be very pejorative (especially with feminists). I haven't discover pick up with The Game or any TV show, I have been doing researches in psycho-sociology and love relationship was one of my main interest, than I discovered Alain Soral (Sociologie d'un dragueur) and I dug the subject to the point to PUA. I watched many Mystery's seminar and read a lot about the subject. When I felt comfortable enough to practice my stuff with a good success rate, I was able to share the community with other guy, me being their mentor for free. THIS is a good way to share the community.
Doing a movie will expose the scene to immature people willing to copy anything on the web and making it awkward. We will start to see tic-tact-toe openers EVERYWHERE by example. The worst thing that could happen is that it becomes an mainstream movie, and girls makes bigger bitch-shield when they detect and PUA. Neil (Style) have probably good connection in the cinematographic world, but I don't think it would be a blockbuster by chance.

Sorry for the long post, I know, it's not even related to the actor guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:15 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Thank you chopders. I enjoyed your post. I'm aware of the situation and fear the same case that you do. This is not a healthy way to introduce the world to the PUA community because most people don't know the first 100 pre-requisites in order to even understand the reason behind the existence of the community. I genuinely hope this movie doesn't gain much attention. Let's wait and see...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:29 am 
Dedicated Member

I hear you guys...but I think it won't matter much...

I just saw a preview on TV for a movie called "Think Like A Man"..

So with that movie coming out this year, along with "The Game".....You have both the male version of PU, and the female version of PU coming out at around the same year....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:18 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

i pray to god that this movie Does not come out

[quote]chopders Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:54 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm happy and unhappy about the creation of this movie. The Pick up scene is great, it helps you as a man, to develop your own method of seduction, because there is NO guide to help you with women. With the rise of feminism, 40 years ago, two entire millenniums of mentality has been changed. Not only that, the dominant ideology tells you that women want more power, they want to be the leaders, but on the other hand, women also tell you that they want the charming prince. In contradiction, they also want a leader, a protector. All this confusing thoughts make the average guy frustrated. PUA scene bring back believes in women for guys in a certain way. Which is excellent.
BUT, PUA can be very pejorative (especially with feminists). I haven't discover pick up with The Game or any TV show, I have been doing researches in psycho-sociology and love relationship was one of my main interest, than I discovered Alain Soral (Sociologie d'un dragueur) and I dug the subject to the point to PUA. I watched many Mystery's seminar and read a lot about the subject. When I felt comfortable enough to practice my stuff with a good success rate, I was able to share the community with other guy, me being their mentor for free. THIS is a good way to share the community.
Doing a movie will expose the scene to immature people willing to copy anything on the web and making it awkward. We will start to see tic-tact-toe openers EVERYWHERE by example. The worst thing that could happen is that it becomes an mainstream movie, and girls makes bigger bitch-shield when they detect and PUA. Neil (Style) have probably good connection in the cinematographic world, but I don't think it would be a blockbuster by chance.

Sorry for the long post, I know, it's not even related to the actor guy.
[/quote]

for those reasons above stated...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:22 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Chief, one of the websites says he's 180 cm. Not a giant like the real Mystery, but at least he's a really good actor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:40 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I also hope this movie comes out crap. Despite James Franco being
a fantastic actor, book to film adaptions usually turn out to be shit
due to the directors inadaptiveness to relate the original story
back the book. There are so many badly adapted movies
that I have had the disgust to watch just for watching
it and then trolling on it later.

Look at Dragon Ball Z for example: One of
the single GREATEST manga, japanese cartoons of all
time...and when the film came out the entire saga's
reputation was tarnished forever. The director
even got multiple death threats because of
how badly the movie was casted, more
so because the storyline and plots made
no sense!

Take a look at Super Mario Bros...yep, they made a movie
of that too. It is voted as the worst movie ever created,
it was so badly written and so attrociously done the
director even said it was "Crap". No jokes.

Also, there was recently a low budget movie of "The Game"
but it did so poorly it was released straight to VHS. Not
DVD, VHS :shock: That's how bad it did. The
movie was called "Let The Games Begin",
it was loosly based on Neil Strauss'
The Game. I don't recommend
watching it was as it doesn't
even follow the book. They
use the PUA lingo,
but it doesn't make
any sense because it doesn't
follow the context of the actual book itself!
So when a dude says "Man he's an AFC. We need
to get him into a club and DHV to the HB."

We can understand that, but the random people
watching it probably don't so I guess that's the
only plus from this whole film.

Once again, I'm hoping this movie flops, that way we
won't have to worry about the communities image
being tarnished again. Not that it can be, it
will just be for a time as the media will
surrond us with a 'laughter curtain'
(Ross Jefferies article, check it
out) because the idea
of using such
technique is
so fantasticical to the average guy
and girl is that it will just be disregarded as
false and un-true and the film, along with the community
will be left alone and returned underground the way
it was naturally intended...
Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:17 pm 
Dedicated Member

Sorry guys but James Franco is a well known actor. All they have to do is give it a appealing trailer and it will get a lot of attention in theaters. But the good news is, it will be extremely watered down and most likely a romantic comedy like "Hitch".

Post subject: This is not good.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:14 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

If this really does become a movie. Then surely The Game will need to be re written.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:58 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
I'd prefer for the movie to be bad and gain as little attention as possibly. Simply cuz I want less and less people (not guys wanting to learn pick up but everybody else) to be exposed to the material because I know judgments and anger is gonna come out before the credits even roll.

You got nothing to worry about. Pick up is very difficult to learn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:02 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I sure as fuck hope this doesn't happen. I personally take the community serious as an "underground" society, despite the fact that a book is out it's still kind of "in the dark" for most people.

If the movie does come out, I hope its a flop like "I hope they serve beer in hell," where people sort of know about it, but the average person does not.