Attention College Students!!! Muse's thread on Social Proof.

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » PUA Lounge

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:34 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Ok! This is posted as a reply to a thread in the Attraction/Comfort section, but I feel that this would help more people if it were in a section that gets higher traffic. I saw a thread posted today saying that we don't talk enough on social proof...so here is something for you guys to feast your eyes on. This is a long read, but do yourself a favor...grab something to snack on and read it all the way through. You just might learn something!

My method for social proof in College:

This year when I started classes, I was determined to be the AMOG in my General Ed classes and make some new friends...as well as get some girls' numbers... :wink:

I could only fit one General Ed class in my schedule this quarter, and my major is very small...somewhere around 60 people in total. I'm a junior so I know everyone in my major...plus there are NO girls that are HB7+! Disappointing! So I have to rely on my general education classes where it's a bunch of strangers every quarter.

I set out to be the AMOG in my class, everyone's friend. The funny, intelligent, friendly guy everyone wants to get to know. This goal seemed like it would be tough...but it turned out to be ridiculously easy! Here's how I did it:

First day of class, I just opened the people sitting around me. I made situational comments and talked about how the teacher seems cool..oh this class will be fun compared to others I've taken...blah blah blah fluff talk blah blah. Essentially I just made light conversation and used my sense of humor to get them laughing, followed by introductions all around. The change in the class SPAM was visible! People seemed much more relaxed now that they were talking and had someone around who was willing to break that ice, and relieve the tension that comes with starting a class full of strangers.

So there I had already made 3 new acquaintances by the time our 2 hours were up on the first day! Easy! Down the road...every time I interacted with a new person I followed the same formula, situational openers and situational threads of conversation, light and funny, positive attitude. Getting involved in class discussions to show I'm no class clown and am actually intelligent(major DHV if you can do it without coming off as arrogant). Smiling and being funny/friendly, and just showing them I'm an all-around fun guy to talk to and spend time with. We're now in week 7, and by week 4 I had met and made friends with every single person in class...and the professor LOVES me! Granted it's only about 30 or so people, but this was a HUGE accomplishment for me!

Now, when I walk into class I have people asking me how my weekend/last night was. I have people saying hi, giving me high fives, telling me jokes, and initiating conversation with me, asking for help with their work...etc. It's like this social proof just builds on itself and the more people see how everyone likes you and wants to be around you... the more they want to be around you too!

As for the HB's... there are 3 in my class that I would call HB8+. One HB7...I'm not really into her, and she has a bf. The rest of the girls are UG's :(

HBBlonde(8.5 or so), is gorgeous and at first I think she felt intimidated by my presence. I started talking with her and she has a bf... Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but I'm trying to change my ways. No more GF stealing for me, the guilt starts to get to me. Problem is, I tend to be so good at it, it's almost natural for me to want to game girls with bf's. I digress... Anyways, I find now that she is constantly looking in my direction in class(over her shoulder, completely obvious!), smiling and initiating convo... so we'll see if I can still resist running game on her.

HB9(a REALLY hot Asian chick, who happens to be one year below me in my major!) She is so, so fine...just started to really talk to her last class. I have plans for this one...hehehe.

HBBrunette(an 8 ). She's a former Oneitis of two years... Sad I know, but it turned into an interesting situation. I started gaming her after I found out she was in this class with me, and at her Halloween party(which she insisted I come to because her costume was sexy...) I found I could finally have what I obsessed about for so long with ease... And I lost all interest. I guess I was the cat, I got that dangling string and walked away(although SHE was dressed in a cat costume for Halloween and YES it was Sexy as hell).

Wow, kinda went overboard with describing the HB's haha, sorry about that...you know how it goes :wink:. But "gaming" your entire class, as I've done here, will do wonders for your inner game as well as social proof! After becoming the class AMOG, people just started throwing phone numbers at me, inviting me to parties, etc. I haven't had to ask for one number yet. My social life has blown up this year already and it's only been 6-7 weeks. Kinda hard to manage actually, with all my work, chicks, and the friends I already have.

As for walking around campus, try to find eye contact and be smiling beforehand. I find the smiling is much easier when you walk with friends because you will find yourself laughing and in a good mood, making it easier to radiate that happiness to other people. This is just what I do, however I find that girls often don't smile back. Oh well, don't let this discourage you. When they DO smile back and make EC, you will feel awesome.

Worried about saying Hello to people you don't know? There's an easy fix! Use the rule that my mom passed on to me. She told me "Whenever you get within five feet or so of someone, say hi! It's just common courtesy and people are happy that someone is being friendly." Now, I often find myself passing a few of the same people every day because I have classes at the same time they do, or they are getting out of class as I'm going in. Don't quote me on this, but I *THINK* it's Juggler who tells us about what I'll call the "Hello Opener." In this method you say hello to someone every time you see them but don't have time or are unable to speak with them. After you do this a few times, you can turn to them and say "You know, we always say hi to each other, but we've never actually spoken!" follow this with whatever you want, I wait for the girl to introduce herself first as it's one of Mystery's golden IOI's. Often she will introduce herself once you open her with the line I just gave you.

Now, I know what you're thinking: "But Muse, Mystery says not to open people walking the opposite direction because objects in motion tend to stay in motion!!!" Well this is very true, however I tend to see these people on campus in more than one place, so there are TONS of opportunities to open them(ESPECIALLY the food court!). You don't have to limit yourself to stopping them while they walk past.

If you recognize someone(a friend or someone you've already met and talked to), call out their name! There's no shame in that. Get their attention if they don't see you, MAKE conversation. If you know them, why not show them you are friendly and are genuinely interested in them? Plus, when you walk across campus and see a ton of people you know...it's great social proof when others see this and associate it with you being "The Guy To Know".

As far as meeting girls on campus, hang out in the quad/foodcourt area if you've got one. That's where most people spend time in between classes at my school. If you live on campus, it's SO easy to meet people. Walk through your dorm halls and introduce yourself to people, just make light, fun conversation with them. You'll find soon enough you have met plenty of people and are making friends...and girlfriends... It gets easier and easier as you do it. In our quad...my favorite opener is "Hey! You are sitting under my favorite tree! You're going to have to play nice and share!" It may not be gold, but it works, and you can take it any direction you'd like from there. Plus, I stand by Juggler when he says it doesn't matter much what you open with(I'm only referring to day game with that statement).

Oh and lastly, get INVOLVED on campus! Being involved will get you even further into that social scene at school, as well as give you some great DHV material. I recently became on of the leaders in a passive protest on campus(they are trying to make serious changes to the school without consulting students). The girls EAT this UP. The fact that you're a leader in something you care passionately about is something they can see. They love it when a guy has true passion! It really sets you apart and can provide some good material.

DAMN, that was a lengthy post. Being a college student as well as a student of the Pick Up Arts, I felt it necessary to deal out some of my methods for social proof, gaining friends, meeting HB's, and being the big fish in a big pond. Give it a shot! You might be in the middle or nearing the end of a semester, but it's never too late to start being friendly, fun, exciting, outgoing, and Alpha. Be the AMOG (the pleasant kind of course), make some friends, and get some digits!

I hope this helps some of you out, and I hope you were able to read it all. I'd love for some updates from you guys on how this is going with you at your school! I'd also love critiques on this, positive or constructive...they all help!

~Muse

Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/musecasanova

My Blog: http://crusadesofmuse.blogspot.com/

Casanova Crew: http://www.forum.casanovacrew.com/

Last edited by Muse on Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:09 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:10 pm 
Moderator Emeritus

That post is GOLD Muse. I'm heading back to school next fall and I was planning on using it to perfect my game, but I never even thought to go as far as that. Its brilliant though and now its my goal. It reminds me of a video I saw on here a little while ago, called Lording a Club. I'll post it if I can find it.

Edit: Here's the video, halfway down the thread. aa-exercise-how-to-talk-to-everyone-in- ... light=lord

~ Rye

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:20 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Fucking Great stuff!

Thanks for taking the time to post your experience on "Social Proof"

It is great Insight, As a matter of fact, I'm starting College for Phycology and now i'll remember to Network In this manner as well as my own.

THANKS MUSE!

Keep Gaming, Live Life
- Scorpio

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:57 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

AOL: ctbinccp
He's absolutely right too. As a AFC i accomplished limited results in a public speaking class by sitting near the cluster of HB's, being talkative, humorus when apropriate, and interacting in the class.

Reading this post made me think about that class (surprisingly my favorite, as it allowed for very open discusion), and how much better i could have done knowing what i know now.

Hes also extremely right about after school activities/clubs/etc. I wish i would have been more involved in school, and plan on being so when i go back. Not only is it a good oppurtunity to meet even more people, but it in and of itself is a DHV.

Excellent post man, thx.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:32 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

this post is amazing!!! you managed to convey all the points i tried 2 convey in my last post perfectly.

I really do think that social proof is the most important part of the pick up. If you have enough social proof you need not do any work. These are the principles celebrities use to get desirable women. I would seriously recommend going to a club or bar and making it your "local" so you can get to know all the regulars. this will help when you are gaming and people come up to you and give you instant social proof

great post!!!! :D

au revoir signed SS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:06 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Thanks guys! I'm glad you've found this useful.

Rye Lee, I'll be sure to check out that video when I can. Good luck to you and Scorpio next semester! (I know you don't need it ;) )

Ka, Actually...this IS a public speaking class I'm in right now. This made it a little easier to open all these people because everyone is nervous about speaking in front of strangers! Now that I've made all these friends in class, it's made it *that* much easier to deliver my speeches because they are all friends. Plus, as icing on the cake, the fact that I can deliver my speeches with ease is definitely reflected in my grade!

SweetSin, your post was the one that inspired me to write this. And as soon as I'm 21, and can hit the bar scene, your advice is exactly my plan.

Take it easy guys,

~Muse

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:25 am 
Dedicated Member

Good read. I'm a sophmore in college, and have the same issue with my major classes being dude-fests with a few ugs and a cutie with a bf. I am pretty much the AMOG of us engineering students however, so I only focus on my general classes. This semester - one. It sucks, however I will use your advice on the whole saying hello thing. Also, I have an apartment off-campus so I don't spend much time in the food court. But I'll check it out a little more often, since I guess thats where the HBs are. Plus, my buddy in the dorms has a few HB neighbors that I've met, I'm going to start gaming them a little more.

I don't have an ego, I just love how awesome I am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:13 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

This post covers all that and more.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:26 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Great post thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:40 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Yahoo Messenger: ask
AOL: bobster5000
very great post man. It seemed difficult at first but as you saw, it was only your mindset and attidude. If you want to read a book about this.. Dale Carnegie wrote a book called "How to make friends and influence people"

It starts kind of cheesy but it will definitely make an impact on your ability to game the entire social surroundings like college and classes, work, etc, etc

"I swear to tell you the whole truth, nothing but the blunt truth, so help your ego" i only sugarcoat things for women ;)

My favorite commercial ever http://youtube.com/watch?v=TpxKYkcFRWk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:02 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

awesome post. i have this quarter off but when i go back i will make sure to do this from an early start

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:47 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Thanks again for the kind words guys. Today I gave my commemorative speech to that class I was telling you about.

I gave it on the girl I went on my first real date with and how that awful day was the life changing catalyst I needed. I left out any information about game or pick up...coed class. haha.
It was also about my theory that no matter how long an interaction between two people is, it could be a mere few minutes or many many years, that person will have an impact on your life. At the end I told them they have 28,000 days to live and they are melting away as we speak, so spend your time well before you go.

The reaction was amazing. People applauded. I got high fives from everyone in class as I walked to my seat. I had the eyes and smiles of every girl in class and the professor couldn't stop talking about it. After class people approached me and told me how great a guy I am and that they LOVED my speech. I've never felt so Alpha over such a large group of people in my life.

This social proof stuff works, and my inner game has taken a step up tonight. Good luck in school guys... I'm already looking forward to next quarter!

~Muse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:35 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

It seems like an old social engeneering topic. Anyway I found useful tips there so I want to thank all commentators. I rmember that difficuld days at college when I tried to be an essay creator for my diploma. That was a real hard competition but I had a friend at Study Сlerk so he helped me a lot. Still can't forget those nights when I created my diploma.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:56 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Social proof/social status gets you laid. But it's not guaranteed.

But cold approach gets you laid to and is guaranteed.

I've been doing cold approaching 1 year and a half, and I can't say I complain about my results.

When I was 18-19 I had plenty of social status but I still didn't get laid.

Cold approaching saved my life.

The thing men that get laid do is that they make the women chase them. "They are the price", so to speak.

IF YOU WANT TO LEARN MORE: I gladly cheer my free rapport with you, click the link below.

https://antonio9809.sendlane.com/view/mhc-com

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:11 am 
New to MPUA Forum

The attention college top 10 builders in cochin students muse’s thread on social proof before joining the college there is several admission techniques and methods are there. There is several Id proofs are required for joining the new institution.