is this too cheesy for peacocking?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:29 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

http://tinyurl.com/l95ap

the thing is about 3-4 inches across, and is being sold at this shop near me :)

i saw it and though 'now thats pretty funny, and kind of what im looking for', but then i looked again and thought it was incredibly cheesy, but still funny.

i havent bought it yet, but whats your opinion? should i get it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:56 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Well the idea of peacocking is to wear things that make you stand out from the other guys. If you've read the book "The Game" by Neil Strauss you will realize that Mystery wears some pretty cheesy things for his peackocking.

I think that the more outrageous the better. I'm guessing that that necklace will get you attention, but I mean if you really wanna go extreme on peacocking, I'd get a fluffy pink top-hat to go with it.

EDIT: (I forgot to add this earlier.) I don't think there's anything that can be deemed too cheesy for peacocking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:17 am 
New to MPUA Forum

that's too much man!!!

peacocking has to be done on a believeable level. if you're wearing a hawaiian shirt and a necklace like that, people are going to laugh at you.

dudes like mystery dress freaky from head to toe, and are comfortable going out like that. i have a friend who loves pink and wears lots of pink shit, has tattoos, piercings... it suits him.

whatever you choose for helping yourself stand out should blend in with the other things that you are wearing. if you don't dress like "the artist formerly known as the artist formerly known as prince" then don't buy jewelery that he would wear.

peacocking is not so that someone will laugh at you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:42 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

AOL: jeremy78r
I think that if you're congruent with it, you can wear however much or little you want. You just have to carry yourself right, be ready for/know what to say when someone tries to give you shit over it; because that will happen.

For ex Lance Mason wears this really dumb ass looking coat with the tag still on it. Everything else he wears is normal. Most guys would get blown out for that. However, when someone gives him shit by touching the tag or something he'll say, "hey! Careful! I just stole this!"

I just think that as far as peacocking, as long as you handle it right, anything's possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:52 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I think it is a personal choice. Mystery dresses outrageous from head to toe but he doesn't just wear anything. Everything he wears suits him and his personality. He even has routines to deal with people coming up to him and dissing his outfits. If you are a guy with a good sence of humor, and can think of something you can wear that with and would be comfortable wearing something like that then go for it, otherwise don't get it. If it's not "you" and you aren't comfortable wearing it, it may interfer with your game plus you won't wear it again and just waste money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:08 am 

IT is all about personallity.

And the stuff that fits you . :D

---------------------------------

I think it is a personal choice, I think that if you're congruent with it, you can wear however much or little you want.

^^^ That the real thing.

My website: www.pualife.webs.com

New TWITTER account: http://twitter.com/xfman1

Facebook: xf_pua@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:43 am 
Dedicated Member

The only reason I don't walk around wearing crazy shit like that all the time is because I can't afford it.

Go buy it. In fact, buy two and send one to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:49 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

This topic is still going???

Holy damn.

I didn't buy it in the end ;)