The Movie Date (repost)

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Tools & Techniques of Game: Meeting, Attracting and Seducing Women » Closing and Day 2’s

Post subject: The Movie Date (repost)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:53 pm 

This is a post I wrote in August of 2008. I am reposting it because I have no idea where the original post went!

Ah, the classic "movie date," the most infamous and hated type of day 2 in the community. Seeing a movie in a theater - hell, maybe even DINNER and a movie - is often referred to by PUAs as the worst date idea ever.

OK, we all know why a movie date can be a terrible idea, so I'm not going to get into that. However, we also know that rules can be broken.

I went to high school in a boring-ass city called Palo Alto where a lot of old/rich people live. There's never anything exciting going on, and it costs a lot of money to do anything remotely fun (and legal). Unfortunately, one of the most exciting date ideas in this city is watching a movie (I am SO glad I go to college in New Orleans - it's so damn fun). As a young practitioner of pickup, I was forced to hone my "movie date" game. Yes, now I can work movie dates just fine, and I'm here to tell you exactly how you can make a movie date as awesome as Barrack Obama. *The political views expressed by this poster does not necessarily reflect the views of MPUAForum and its affiliates.

I believe that "watching a movie is a terrible date idea" is a limiting belief. I was having a conversation with a random girl one day and I asked her what her favorite date was like. She went on to describe a movie date she once had! She told me that it wasn't the DATE that made her date experience an excellent one, it was the GUY she was out with. He was obviously a guy who could evoke strong emotions within her, thus making her feel attraction for him. Then, I thought to myself, "Hey, wait a minute! I know how to do that! I know PUA shit!" This realization gave me the confidence to be able to have a really fun date no matter what the setting.

This realization of mine took some prerequisite knowledge and skill, though:
>Knowing the difference between situational confidence and core confidence.
>Being able to express my core freely without being stifled.
>Having solid post-isolation game.
>The secret of self-amusement.

Knowing the difference between situational confidence and core confidence.

I learned this one through RSD's Blueprint program. Situational confidence is confidence you gain from being in a familiar situation that you are comfortable with, such as your workplace if you are the boss, the bar if you are a bartender, the dance floor if you're Michael Jackson, or the basketball court if you're Michael Jordan.

Core confidence, however, is something that the best Natural PUAs have. No matter what the situation they are in, even if it's a place he's never been before, he's still glowing with confidence. He's confident about any situation because he's confident about HIMSELF. He understands that he is not his situation. He knows that he is the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world (watch Fight Club) and he loves it.

Being able to express my core freely without being stifled

I learned this one mainly through Vin DiCarlo's "The Attraction Code" ebook. His "4EP Model" for Natural Game as described in his ebook helped me fully realize how I should express myself, which is without shame. Basically, I think the main thing to take away from this is "honesty is the best policy."

Pickup is an art, and art is something you use to express what's inside of you, so fucking express yourself and don't hold back.

Having solid post-isolation game

Take out factors like AMOGs, obstacles, meta-game, and other shit like that and you've got a pretty simple and straightforward game. After isolation, it's just you and her. You don't have to worry about all that other crap that usually gets in the way. A date or day 2 is basically a huge chunk of isolation time.

The secret of self-amusement

If you've ever had anyone tell you that you're easily amused, you already have this down. Being good at self-amusement means that you're able to take any situation and make it fun for you. When you're on a date or day 2 with a woman, you should be determining the frame simply by having a stronger frame. Once you do that, any emotion that YOU feel is going to be highly contagious to her. That means if YOU are having fun, SHE will be having fun.

Now that we have that shit covered, let's get back to the actual date...

As a general rule of thumb, I always bounce to several different locations during a date, and I always start at a coffee shop. Drinking coffee at the start of a date will energize both you and her so you can both be ready for a fun time. The caffeine intake also promotes the release of dopamine, which scientists have found to be associated with good feelings like love and infatuation. Going to several different locations is an old trick used by Mystery to create a time distortion. She'll feel like she's spent more time with you because she has more experiences with you (locations she's been to with you) to look back on. Let's say you meet up for coffee, bounce to the park to people-watch, bounce to your place for a moment to get your hat or whatever, bounce to the convenience store to look at magazines and make fun of the celebrities in them, bounce to grab some grub at wherever (really doesn't matter where and what you eat), then bounce to the movie theater to watch the movie you both want to see. This is just a rough outline, by the way. Don't try to follow it step by step. Mix and match as you please. Before you do any of that stuff, though, be sure to have your logistics planned out nicely. More on that later.

All throughout your day 2, you should be running whatever game you've got with light kino. Save the heavy stuff for later.

Yes, movie dates cost money. Get over it and dish out the ticket fee unless you have connections that allow you to watch movies in the theater for free. Don't feel obliged to pay for your date's ticket. You can do it out of the kindness of your heart, but be sure to frame it properly if you do. You want to frame it as though you are doing it just to be generous, but NOT supplicating or expecting anything in return. In fact, you can even say outright, "The thing I hate about paying for girls is that sometimes it makes them feel like they owe me something. I'm going to pay for your ticket, but don't feel like you owe me anything." I did that once, but the girl still felt like she owed me something (lol) so she bought me some ice cream inside. It was nice. It was pistachio flavored. I thought it would be mint, though, since it was green. Don't judge an ice cream by it's color.

I recommend picking out a comedy to watch. If you and her are sharing laughs, her BT is going up and she's associating positive feelings with being with you.

Don't bother with getting popcorn or soda before the film. Completely unnecessary and overpriced. It can also get in the way of gaming her in the theater. You should both be satiated from the grub you grabbed before the movie, anyway.

Once you enter the theater, find a pair of seats where the arm rest between them can be lifted and tucked away. Lead her and pick the seats. Assume she will follow and she will follow. Then, sit down and lift that arm rest to tuck it away immediately. This is your SOI. Actions speak louder than words. You will be kino escalating throughout the movie and she knows this by your SOI here. If you've been running decent game (*cough*being yourself*cough*) before you got to the theater, she will comply every step of the way.

As the beginning advertisements and previews for upcoming films are rolling, continue running game as normal. Talk as much as you want. Other people around you should not be annoyed because the movie's not actually playing. If some douchebag actually gets annoyed and gives you shit, punch him in the face. I mean, tell him to shut the fuck up. I mean... oh whatever. It's never happened to me so just don't expect it to happen. It would make no sense for anyone to want to actually quietly focus on some fucking advertisements.

Yes, put your arm around her. As cheesy of a move this is, it's a necessary one. You can do this ANY time you want. Just don't make a big deal out of it. As long as you feel casual, it'll be fine. Assume the frame of "This is a movie date. OF COURSE we are going to be physically close and touching like this, DUH!" Don't say that out loud, though... unless that's something you would actually say while you were being yourself.

Continue talking to her during the movie, but this time whisper in her ear. I usually just make funny comments that relate to what we're seeing on the big screen to elicit some giggles or whatever, but you can tease her and stuff too if you want. Kino escalate slowly and smoothly, triangular gaze if you make eye contact, and get in sexual state. Save the make out for the credits. Use the actual movie time to build up the anticipation for it.

Let's say you already stopped by your place before the movie (maybe to get your hat or ANYTHING, basically). She's already comfortable with being at your place because of that. After the movie, pull her back to your place. I usually use my Tarot cards for plausible deniability. I could also use my guitar, a youtube video, some music that I want her to check out, or basically ANYTHING. Mystery covers this in his method, but be sure to mention your plausible deniability early on so the transition from the theater to your place is smooth. Have these logistics planned out ahead of time.

Once you and her are at the "seduction location," kino escalate further or just go caveman. Just do whatever you normally do at this stage (as long as it works lol). Don't forget to wrap your tool, tiger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:07 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

I think I saw this post before. However, it was not "stickied", so maybe that's why it disappeared.

My personal opinion when it comes to the choice of movie genres is horror. Yes, horror. Every single time I've watched a horror movie with a woman, she instantly gets in a vulnerable state of fear and unconciously seeks "comfort". This makes your kino escalation easier. Hold her hand, hug her, sit really close to her. Touch her in any way possible (except sexual).

Hell, even if you kino in a way that would make it "weird" or "unusual" - chances are that she will care less when she is in that, mentioned, "vulnurable state".

This was just my opinion though. Has worked like a charm so far. Sorry, a bit of drunk at the moment - tell me if something is unclear or weird in this post.

Zentrode.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:44 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Good article, in my opinion the place really doesn't matter. It is YOU what matters. If you are good, you can lead the girl and make her feel satisfied with you wherever you want.

And my favourite date movies are those teenagers comedies, it's about sex, relations, fun, and later on you can use some of the funny speeches with the girl. Works perfectly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:52 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Thanks bud this is exactly what i was looking for!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:35 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Thanks mate, Good advice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 4:40 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY DISAGREE with fucking EVERYTHING I HAVE.

You can so judge ice cream by its color. Chocolate shit isn't going to be pink.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:26 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

nice article, especially like the line you say when buying the ticket, totally alleviates the pressure of who you should pay.

Post subject: cool
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:41 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Yahoo Messenger: animal.test@yahoo.com
I actually start to enjoy your posts, thought long, the deteil is excelent and no one can complain about them, really usefull stuff keep going:D:))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:34 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

AOL: Azunezi
I love the detailed thought placed in the writing. I have done movie dates before which have ended in a positive and she had an amazing time.

Post subject: musicals...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:38 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

the other good movie dates, i think, are musicals -- either live or the movie version. Something like "evita". They will elicit a range of emotions in the girl, which is a good thing... Going to a musical live has always been money for me as well, especially since they normally sell at least wine at these things, so it's usually cake to get your date tipsy and emotional, plus dressed to the nines in a romantic setting.

Plus most theaters are in a downtown location, so you can do cocktails (irish coffee), then go the theater grabbing wine and taking it to your seats, plus intermission wine (during which time you also breeze out the balcony for a makeout session)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:42 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

yup ive seen this one before :P i had the decency to bookmark it thouhg :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:54 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

"find a pair of seats where the arm rest between them can be lifted and tucked away"

excelent advise , it makes the kino escalation a LOT much easier ,, its very dificult to kiss or hug the girl with an arm rest between you 2 (inclusive if the girl want to hug you and kiss you already),,, i had some experiences in that "movie date" and an arm rest just allowed you to hold hands (fuck!!!) and makes the hugs very uncomfortable.

about the movie genre i think a good choice would be an Horror movie ,,the hugs are a lot easier if she is scared than if she is laughing(she can have an excuse to tell you to hug her, because "she is scared" ,inclusive if she is not !),she can feel protected by your arms, and you can do things like cover her eyes by puting her head in your chest & then will be easy to kiss her :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:03 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Why wait for the credits to make out when you've got an opportunity earlier in the movie? I don't quite get that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:28 am 

Quote:
Why wait for the credits to make out when you've got an opportunity earlier in the movie? I don't quite get that.
Do you understand how foreplay works, or why it exists? It's the act of building anticipation and withholding yourselves from actually having sex while you just fool around. This makes sex all the more enjoyable when you finally get to it.

Imagine you're a girl on a movie date and your date has his arm around you and you've become very touchy-feely. You know that the two of you could start making out heavily at any moment, and the movie isn't even half done yet. However, he waits. You start feeling more tension. "When is he going to kiss me?" you start to wonder. As anticipation and desire continues to build, you also start feeling more comfortable with all the kino and sexual state the two of you are in.

A lot of men have the problem of looking at sex and dating as a goal while giving little or no thought to the journey. The journey is ultimately what determines the worth of the goal once you get there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:59 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Oh. That makes sense. thanks. Btw, I used to live in Palo Alto, just moved from there last year :)