Broken Phone Number Close

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Tools & Techniques of Game: Meeting, Attracting and Seducing Women » Routines

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:33 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

AOL: triscuit25
I've used this three times to number close and it has worked all three times. I'm not sure if the method was great or if she would have given it to me anyway at that point, but it is a little different. I'm just looking for opinions, is this good or AFC?

Once I'm at the point where I want to ask for her number, I basically take my cell phone out and start messing with it. Then I ask her for help because I think it's broken. I'll then hand it to her to take a look at. She's supposed to ask what is wrong with it to which you reply, your number's not in it. I've used this at a bar and a concert and it has worked in both locations. Any thoughts?

Is this AFC because you're asking for her number in a backward way, or do you always want her to bring up giving you her number?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:30 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

I dunno if a "line" is necessary to get someone's phone #.

Style has an excellent phone number close that has not failed on me yet. It won't fail for you if you do everything before it (comfort/rapport/attraction building) properly.

here-vp24224.html#24224

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:33 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

its a unique addition i think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:33 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

its a unique addition i think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:34 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I personally think it is too much of a "pick up line" sort of thing, but thats just me. I wouldn't use it.

- Memento

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:36 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Yahoo Messenger: goodbeingtheking
its not that bad... its slick and some women may like it... i think you gotta get a feel for it because I had a HB8 ask me for my name and I said "my name is Swift but you can call me anytime... take my number" and i asked her to call mine so i can save hers... I know its cheesy... but it just felt right cause she had an awesome sense of humor...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:33 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:
its not that bad... its slick and some women may like it... i think you gotta get a feel for it because I had a HB8 ask me for my name and I said "my name is Swift but you can call me anytime... take my number" and i asked her to call mine so i can save hers... I know its cheesy... but it just felt right cause she had an awesome sense of humor...
Well, whatever works, works. But, there's a thin line between slick and sleazeball.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:56 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Pollock, that's pure gold man, give yourself some credit. People might call it cheezy, but it does get around that awkward moment before a potential number close. It's definitely better than my usual AFC-style "can I call ya sometime?". thx for the tip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:30 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

in the right situation i could see it working

Post subject: Line
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:08 am 
New to MPUA Forum

If you have done everything right up to this point, its fine. Its a little to much like a pick up line. Meaning there is a line between playful and cheesy and this line crosses over to cheesy. However, if you have done everything correctly, you like it, and you have a playful repore up to this point it shouldn't hurt you.