My hair is thinning so I just shaved it all off

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 27 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:19 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Yahoo Messenger: zachary0611
AOL: zackdaddy0611
Do you think is a good idea? The bald look

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:34 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Hmmm...Style made it work, so can you.
I did read a book on psychology which covered baldness. Studies show that women tend to see bald men as more assertive/confident, due to a (slight) link between high levels of testosterone and baldness.
You might wanna try getting yourself a tan with it, could complete the look.
Good luck with sarging 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:53 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

One of my friends did this. O.B.T.W. He's a natural the likes of which I've never seen before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:10 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

I began shaving my head around 3 years ago because I started thinning out. I'm glad I did it and personally wish I'd just go completely bald to save me five minutes a week. If you've got a goatee make sure you keep it well shaped and trimmed somewhat short. The only problem I have with being bald though it that I have a hard time finding clothes that fit with a bald head. I'll wear something like a button-up and it just seems so uneven all the time. I feel limited to wearing jeans and t-shirts a lot because of it, but I'm at an akward place with my physical weight where I don't think either an XL or L fit right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:14 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Increasing body mass and getting a tan probably help with the bald look...

I've been balding (on frontal area) since I was 17-18 (I'm now 32!), but I haven't given up the fight just yet. I use medications to treat hairloss (finasteride and minoxidil), and currently I also use concealers (DermMatch) to help making the hair look fuller.

I used hair-pieces for some time, but it is very time-consuming to use and style them. I still have a reasonable amount of my own hair left and it looks pretty ok if I keep it short. So I decided to forget about the hairpieces for now.

I'm pretty thin and pale, so the bald-look is not an option for me as long as I have a choice (imagine Conan O'Brien bald!). If I looked like Vin Diesel, then who cares about hair! But I don't look like Vin Diesel.

Speaking of Conan O' Brien, I'm pretty sure he is taking some medications to slow down his frontal recession...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:18 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

I think a good exmaple of how a good looking bald man should look is Chris Daughtry. Jason Statham is also a good example depending on your style.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:39 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Shaving your head is definitely the way to go. Forget hairpieces or anything like that, they're completely obvious and send the message that you care about how others percieve you.

Definitely get a tan if you're a white guy, and consider some facial hair. You don't want to come off looking like a cancer patient. Shave it every day. Head stubble is way tacky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:01 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Mech is absolutely right on target.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:25 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Forget hairpieces or anything like that, they're completely obvious
Good ones are not "completely obvious"...

Do you think most women knew that William Shatner and Sean Connery have worn pieces since early 1960s (1950s?)? In basically every movie they have ever performed in?

And if I remember correctly, Sean Connery was once voted one of the sexiest men alive!

Many other Hollywood celebrities also wear... John Travolta and Nick Cage to name a few. Bruce Willis is one of the few "proudly bald" ones... Well, mostly. But even he has worn pieces in some recent movies.

That being said, hairpieces are not for everyone. They are definitely the last choice... But a good hairpiece can boost your self-confidence tremendously and make you look years younger. Maintenance is the downside.

I tried hairpieces and liked the look (and nobody except my father had any idea), but for now I have abandoned them because I still have enough hair left for a reasonable look. And the maintenance was too stressful. I definitely look a little older though now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:42 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Yahoo Messenger: zachary0611
AOL: zackdaddy0611
Quote:
Hmmm...Style made it work, so can you.
I did read a book on psychology which covered baldness. Studies show that women tend to see bald men as more assertive/confident, due to a (slight) link between high levels of testosterone and baldness.
You might wanna try getting yourself a tan with it, could complete the look.
Good luck with sarging 8)
Its sad letting my nice hair go lol but you got to do it. As far as tans go I tan easy and im naturally dark, but I went to the tanning booth yesterday for the first time in my life to get the full body tan. I was under for 12 minutes and my ass is as red as an apple today. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:46 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

I have the same beef with hairpieces that I do with make-up on a man. Sure, you're hiding your true self for a little while but if you plan on sleeping with this woman or even building an actual relationship with her.....she's going to find out. You're better off just being your true-self right from the start and be proud of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:21 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
I have the same beef with hairpieces that I do with make-up on a man. Sure, you're hiding your true self for a little while but if you plan on sleeping with this woman or even building an actual relationship with her.....she's going to find out. You're better off just being your true-self right from the start and be proud of it.
That's not true... I dated a girl for 15 months, and she never had a clue about my hairpiece.

Even better, this year I have been dating two girls. At first I wore a piece, but then I stopped wearing for good. Neither one noticed anything! But then again, I'm not bald per se. Hairpiece just adds hair to my hairline and brings it a little bit forward.

Regarding make-up... I doubt the girls notice my modest usage, and if they do, who cares. I have every right in the world to cover my imperfections and I doubt they have a problem with that. In fact I keep the Igia make up bottle in my bathroom cabinet and I'm sure the girls have probably seen it. Who cares.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:33 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I started to shave my head 3 months ago and have never looked back. You look your age for one...

I think Mystery said it best: "Going bald is not a choice, being bald is." And I think girls pick up on that.

Since I did this people suddenly show you more respect. Some how people equate being bald with a goatee with "I will kick your ass if you mess with me."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:42 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
I think Mystery said it best: "Going bald is not a choice, being bald is."
True, but shaving is still just a method for concealing the balding pattern, just like other methods.

It's not like you are shaving because you necessarily LIKE being totally bald, it's because you find it the easiest or best method for concealing your hairloss.

Bottom line: you are concealing your hairloss because you don't have the self-confidence to look naturally balding. Nothing wrong with it, but in general there is no more "virtue" in shaving than hiding your hairloss in some other way.

Other concealing options:
-shaving hair short, especially on the sides (on top it can be a bit longer to counterbalance the lack of thickness)
-concealers like DermMatch (masking product) or Toppik (hair fibres)
-creative usage of styling products
-hair dyeing
-combover (definitely the one not to do.. At least not to overdo..:) Combing slightly forward is OK I think, and many men do it in some degree.)
-hairpieces
-hair transplants

I've tried pretty much all of them in some degree, except hair transplants...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:00 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Girl here, hi all :)

Just wanted to back up that a bald man can be very sexy...I prefer shaved heads or bald men usually...shows off a man's face, feels nice (alot of girls like to stroke a man's shaved or bald head in the right situation)...looks masculine and less vain. Not having spent hours preening your hair, to me, is sexy.

If anyone is thinking about doing it...shave it off! You can always start at a grade that isn't too close so you can go shorter still or just grow it back fairly quickly. You don't have to go fully bald unless you are thinning. Shaved heads feel good and look a bit tough (I am old fashioned at heart but love a man to look masculine, not with floppy hair all over the place!)...that's my preference though, others may disagree :D

Red