Eben Pagan (David DeAngelo) on his $20 mill a year business

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 63 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » PUA Lounge

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:45 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

http://www.gurumastermindvideoblog.com/

I know most guys here probably have a fairly low opinion on Eben Pagan's products (marketed under his David DeAngelo pseudonym) or see his Double Your Dating book as worth checking out if you're an AFC who's new to the PUA community, but regard everything else he offers as pretty superficial once you start getting more advanced. I don't disagree, but on the above site he presumably owns, he's open about his real name and the fact he's not a PUA instructor, but is primarily a keyboard jockey information marketer who employs 80 people and that his information marketing business currently makes $20 mill a year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:41 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

yup

affiliate marketing is huge in this industry too.

it's just like rich dad poor dad, the book tells you nothing, but people are so convinced on getting rich quick they think they can do it by reading a book.

These guys with the get rich quick seminars charge as much as a concert ticket, and travel all over the world.

They're the ones making the big bucks.

david d was smart to see that another people want in life is to be good with women so he followed a small niche and turned it into something bigger.

You can too.

Blogs and summaries of everything I have learned and field tested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:30 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Actually, I see his stuff as useful on all levels. All I need is a new perspective to gain insight. I wouldn't know any of the guys who are featured on these boards if it weren't for David D. (or whatever his name is). I also find his stuff good for introducing the right mindset, and they invariably feature guests from all over the industry.

I also don't begrudge a person to be compensated for his hard work. If you've attended any convention you may have contemplated what it would cost to arrange it. Dave's said before it is pretty close to a break even proposition, but he does gain the product from it. That's also not problem for me as it generally helps those who buy it, and I see that as a positive thing.

Dave doesn't claim to be a PUA or a Guru, but most of the guys who have been asked about his "game" appear to be convinced he at least has some. Adam Lyons calls himself AFC Adam and I don't see everyone saying he has nothing to teach us.

I've been reading books on this subject since the 70's. I've probably even read a lot of the books Neil Strauss said he used to have, but none of them helped. Only recently have there been ebooks and such out there to really help. Dave is just one of many marketing the stuff, though he's probably one of the most successful.

I like to listen to a little bit of everyone's stuff, and make up my own mind. Right now I'm a member at LVO3 and I'm learning a great deal. I love Johnny's stuff as it has good core principles, and Adam Lyons has probably got the best ideas I've seen yet if you have the inner game to go for it.

The one thing that I can't stand is when people spend time tearing down the "competition," especially when it's in a product I paid for. Don't waste my time and money telling me what doesn't work, I've been well acquainted with what doesn't work for years, and I've seen guys who can make anything work.

"You're only as young as the women you feel."
"I am the Master of my unspoken words, and the Slave to those words that should have remained unsaid."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:48 am 
Master PUA

Me, Johnny and Adam. The unholy trinity. :)

And we ALL have DYD to thank (blame?) for it. :)

Sean Messenger
http://LVo3.com

"War is not the answer. Love is."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:45 am 
Moderator Emeritus

I personally am so busy with school, a part-time job and working on my own coaching business that I spend most of my time at home behind the computer as well. So what? I know that most of the successful guys in the industry do and most of those same guys are the ones that have legitimate skill with women and other guys idolize.

Now I'm not suggesting you idolize myself or any of those other guys. Just don't discredit them simply because they spend a lot of time behind a keyboard. A keyboard jockey isn't someone that spends a lot of time on the computer, it is someone that talks the talk, but can't walk the walk. I know both Johnny and Sean spend a great deal of time on the computer writing stuff, as well as being self proclaimed geeks, just like most of us, but those are two men that I look up to more than anyone else I know and their skill with women and people in general is stunning.

I've never met David D, although once I get myself more established I'd love to see about talking to him myself. I've heard a lot of people criticize the guy, but if you've never met him, you really shouldn't be judging and talking crap about him, cause you don't have anything to base your opinions on aside from heresay. That's just making assumptions and you know what they say about assumptions. :wink:

~ Rye

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:19 am 
PUA Forum Leader

AOL: latergator83
Hard work and earning a living in the real world is not "fun" in the traditional sense of the word. I know people who claim to love their jobs, but when analyzed most acknowledge that they love their jobs for different reasons than when they are out partying and having fun with friends. Success in your professional life can be just as fulfilling as success in your personal life, especially if you have enjoyed the latter in your earlier years or have settled down and married.

As Rye can attest, running a business, even one as socially oriented as pickup, entails a lot of time behind a computer setting up the logistics, doing research, and promoting the product. It's a proven approach that works for many small businesses nowadays, and I am not at all surprised that members of the PUA community have adopted it with success.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:52 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Me, Johnny and Adam. The unholy trinity. :)

And we ALL have DYD to thank (blame?) for it. :)
Yeah, I'm going to that special hell ... :lol:

"You're only as young as the women you feel."
"I am the Master of my unspoken words, and the Slave to those words that should have remained unsaid."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:47 am 
New to MPUA Forum

In my opinion, David DeAngelos Advanced and Master series cover inner game so many levels deeper than any other PUA stuff out there. He's known for C&F but I think the value in his teachings really lies in inner game and Alpha male mindsets and behavior. He may spend his time behind a computer as opposed to out talking to women but I'll bet you he's Alpha every minute of his life.

He brought me into this community and still 80% of what I know and use come from his Advanced and Mastery series. I'm in Southern California and so much of the other PUA styles/structures can be easily sniffed out even if the material itself is new. Anything that has to do with magic, cold reading etc is really hard to pull off without looking suspect and I think that's where inner game becomes more important. You don't need nearly as many routines when you know how to show a woman that she has a strong, confident and interesting man standing in front of her. This is where David DeAngelos stuff trumps all others IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:08 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

AOL: Sexcellent
DD has a ton of great stuff out there. i especially appreciate the way a lot of his material shows not only how to start a good relationsip, but also maintain one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:02 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I got my start with DYD too. Then I was watching a clip on youtube where mystery was in one of D's seminars. Then I googled pick up artist and found these threads where people were talking about the game so I read it. Now I know all you fuckers lmao. So far I have tried to mix the mystery method with CF and it's working pretty well. I too think inner game is super important. I want to be able to back up the shit I'm putting out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:31 am 
New to MPUA Forum

DYD is good stuff... for those analytical types. :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:21 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Not to say that it was completely useless things turned out. But I take it as a good start. Now I am already interested in working with bpmonline.com/crm/customer-database-software - software for organizing work with clients. But everyone decides for himself and we perceive the information all in different ways.