Everyone should watch this (seriously guys)

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » PUA Videos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:58 am 
Moderator Emeritus

Get a pen and a notebook guys, then sit down and watch this if you haven't already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo

This is probably one of the most inspirational things I have ever witnessed in my life and I don't care who you are, whether you're a PUA or not, this will help you in your life.

It's long, but it's really really really worth it.

~ Rye

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:37 am 
Moderator Emeritus

Half way through, WOW. I agree, watch this, its amazing. *edit* now watched it all, it was truly amazing, especially the end. Not 1 second of that hour or so hours was wasted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:36 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

havent started yet but if abotu 18000 people voted it 5stars itmust be frucking amazing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:11 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Fucking hell! I just had an orgasm!
Actually no seriously i havn't watched it yet either.
Whats it all about surely it cant be that good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:40 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Cheers for this Rye , just finished that truly inspirational video. Definetly worth a watch. I particualrly loved his view of 'Brick Walls'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:23 pm 
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Cheers for this Rye , just finished that truly inspirational video. Definetly worth a watch. I particualrly loved his view of 'Brick Walls'.
AGREED!

I don't want to tell you what it's about, he tells you within the first few minutes all you need to know. What I WILL tell you though, is I basically never take notes on stuff, I did for this and I have several pages. I stayed up far later than I should have last night in order to watch this.

Here's a few of the things he said that truly moved me:

"Be prepared: lus is where preparation meets opportunity."

"It's not about going after your dreams, it's about living life right and if you do, the dreams will come to you!"

"Don't complain; just work harder."

"Don't bail; the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap."

"It's very important to know when you're in a pissing match and it's very important to get out of it as soon as possible."

and here's the BIG two:

"When you're doing something wrong and no one is bothering to tell you anymore, that's a bad place to be. It means they gave up on you. Your critics are the ones that are telling you they still love you and care."

I want every single person to remember this when they get constructive criticism (especially on here this happens a lot) and they argue with it and get pissed off that someone is telling them they are doing something wrong, cause what happens, is that just makes people give up on you a lot faster, cause they KNOW you won't listen and improve.

and last but definitely NOT least

"Brick walls are there for a reason: they let us prove how badly we want things."

That underlined, cause they don't force us to prove anything, as he says, "the brick walls are only there to keep the people that don't want it badly enough out" so if you want it badly enough, that's an opportunity, not something you should be upset over.

That's definitely not all of them, so I urge you to watch it.

~ Rye

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:26 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:
"When you're doing something wrong and no one is bothering to tell you anymore, that's a bad place to be. It means they gave up on you. Your critics are the ones that are telling you they still love you and care."
To be honest to myself I know I used to struggle with constructive criticism, and see it as a personal attack. Ok this was as a child and true of most kids probably but I wish someone told me that powerful quote.

That last head fake he throws, wow.

Another favourite:

'We can not change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand'
(Kind of fitting with the whole screen name and all)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:16 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted"

Fantastic. I'm glad I watched it.
Life is just to precious to be wasted over sadness and misery.

"Don't complain; just work harder"

Let him rest in peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:22 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

This is years old as far as I know. There was even an article in my newspaper (I live in Ireland) saying 'The Last Lecturer dies'... so its clearly a very famous video... great stuff all the same though. Theres a website called www.ted.com with alot of stuff similar to this but on varying topics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:17 pm 
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
This is years old as far as I know. There was even an article in my newspaper (I live in Ireland) saying 'The Last Lecturer dies'... so its clearly a very famous video... great stuff all the same though. Theres a website called www.ted.com with alot of stuff similar to this but on varying topics.
This was done September 18, 2007. There was a book written about it that was released this spring and it pretty much instantaneously reached best seller status.

For anyone that still hasn't bothered to watch it, it is the last lecture Randy Pausch ever gave at Carnegie Mellon University, as he was told he had 3-6 months to live a month prior to giving it. The Last Lecture was something that some people discussed at one point, what you would talk about if you found out you were dying and had one last lecture to give. During his lecture and he said he was kinda thrilled that he finally qualified, lol. The lecture is on "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams", but has become so famous, if you look up "Last Lecture" you will find this specific one. The youtube video I linked to has been watched over 5 MILLION times and there's a whole lot more of them out there, as well as videos on abcnews.com and a multitude of other websites.

This was a GREAT man and it saddens me that I'll never get to meet him. Perhaps the world will be a worse place for having lost him, or perhaps it will become a much better place for it and the effect that this amazing speech has had upon people.

Randy Pausch Died 5 days ago, on July 25th 2008. I hope there is an afterlife, because this man deserves to go to the good place.

~ Rye

Last edited by Rye Lee on Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:52 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

You know, I once was a fan of Iron Maiden and they have a song that very much applies for this context and it says:

"Only the good die young, all the evil seem to live forever"

I'm very sentimental these days and what is really touching me is the value of human life. We are so much! We are beyond any of our creations and we CAN far exceed the limitations of the concrete life. I can say without fear that I am a good person. I help people whenever I can and even being only 18 years old I know I had the chance to be helpful.

I'm glad I became aware of this so young and I urge you all to explore your potential to the full extent.

This man is an inspiration and we CAN NOT see this as just an online video. This speech represents the essence of LIFE itself. That man lived happy until his last moments and pursued his dreams with all his power.

Most of us spend our lifes so afraid to be seen as weak that we die without ever being seen at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:57 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Website: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=382875915
AOL: bostonskyline617
motivate

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =382875915

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:37 pm 
Moderator Emeritus

This is prbably the last recoded thing he did. it was on the 19th of may and the speach he gave at the graduation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcYv5x6gZTA

Again, some good notes in it.
"its not what you did in life you regret, its what you didnt do."
/madals

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:22 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
You know, I once was a fan of Iron Maiden and they have a song that very much applies for this context and it says:

"Only the good die young, all the evil seem to live forever"

I'm very sentimental these days and what is really touching me is the value of human life. We are so much! We are beyond any of our creations and we CAN far exceed the limitations of the concrete life. I can say without fear that I am a good person. I help people whenever I can and even being only 18 years old I know I had the chance to be helpful.

I'm glad I became aware of this so young and I urge you all to explore your potential to the full extent.

This man is an inspiration and we CAN NOT see this as just an online video. This speech represents the essence of LIFE itself. That man lived happy until his last moments and pursued his dreams with all his power.

Most of us spend our lifes so afraid to be seen as weak that we die without ever being seen at all.
Don't be sad that good people die, be glad that you lived amongst them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:46 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Yahoo Messenger: jacks2you2day
Quote:
"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted"
but the thinga about that is that you still get experience even when you get what you did want...that's how you know what works. Otherwise, you'd only learn when you failed. Nobody wants that. jj