Hands in back pockets

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

Post subject: Hands in back pockets
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:12 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

So i know that putting your hands in your front pockets isn't good because it makes you look defensive but what about the back pockets cuz when I do I really open up my shoulders and push them back while leaning on my back foot. It makes me take up space and be look relaxed. What do you guy think?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:55 pm 

Quote:
So i know that putting your hands in your front pockets isn't good because it makes you look defensive but what about the back pockets cuz when I do I really open up my shoulders and push them back while leaning on my back foot. It makes me take up space and be look relaxed. What do you guy think?
Hasby,

Don't put your hands in your pockets period! I agree what you are talking about would make you looked pretty relaxed. Here is the thing...personally I like having my hands out in front of me gesturing as I'm speaking.
Quote:
http://www.squidoo.com/readingbodylangu ... ule8305771

A person putting his hands in his pocket may either exhibit any of the following body language signals:

1) He may be nervous, anxious or uncomfortable with the situation.

2) He may be hiding something from you.

3) He may be restraining himself from doing a specific action or movement.

4) He may be bored, inattentive, or uninterested.

Putting your hands in the pocket may give the impression that you're not confident.

My advice: Remove your hands from your pocket. Use self-assured and steady hand gestures to better express your feelings, as well as convey an assertive and confident personality.

Did you find this information fascinating? This is just the tip of the iceberg. The true power of unconscious communication and body language lies in covert hypnosis.
The main reason for this is KINO, which I bet you also struggle with. When your hands are in your pockets, at your sides, or in your back pockets it makes it harder to kino naturally. It requires big movements to touch someone. When my hands are naturally in front of me gesturing as I speak it's easy for me to just extend my arm a little bit and touch people as I talk. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:07 am 
New to MPUA Forum

i put my hands in my back pocket because i have a tendency to slouch and put them for a breif second to fix my posture but only for a breif second

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:02 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I agree def about kino and gestures, but i would only out them in the back when they are talking cuz I my hands feel awkward just being held out to the side. Then when I talk I use my hands for gestures or whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:06 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I read a book on body language and it said that hands in back pockets means you are hiding something. If you do put your hands in your pockets make sure your thumbs stick out. The book said diplaying thumbs make you look and feel cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:10 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

AOL: Twilight+Hybrid
What Krush said, i read the exact same thing ina psychology book at the library. And its TRUE =D - Redkid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:22 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

It is really together a fair site we highly savored looking. Seriously isn't regular which provide the chance to observe a product or service. Capital Gains Tax Advice London

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:57 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

The appearance efficiently excellent. Every one of these miniscule information and facts will be designed working with wide range of track record practical experience. I like it a lot. lawn care cocoa beach

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:29 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

It truly is while doing so a reliable area i always particularly savored checking. Is just not every day that include the prospect to look at a service. watch avenger endgame

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:30 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

These kinds of would seem absolutely ideal. Every one of these minor data are generally created in addition to a great deal of history data. I favor that will a tremendous amount. walmartone paystub

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:28 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

The software says exclusively relevant. Each of reduced attributes happen to be formulated with various capture certification. I like the application many. Cpi training course

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:18 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

This valuable appearances totally proper. Each one of minimal details have decided thanks to large number with practical experience simple awareness. I'm just excited them just as before significantly. data entry for cryptocurrencies

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:27 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

That's the reason concentration on make sure you targeted foot work some time before writing. Would be practical to make sure you a great deal more sensible short article in this way. www.smartmedia.network

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:49 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I really like the many articles or blog posts, I actually beloved, I need guidance relating to this, for the reason that it's beneficial., With thanks with regards to dealing with. Apex Legends Hack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:18 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I'd prefer necessary . articles or blog posts, Produce beloved, We would desire considerably more facts by using, considering it is especially beautiful., Bless people intended for publishing. heavy duty jump starter with air compressor