Am I Peacocking?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

Post subject: Am I Peacocking?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:41 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I don't wear smart dress such as trousers and dress shirts etc. I tend to wear casual clothes , usually just jeans and a t-shirt. I'm bald so I shave my head. I also have a pretty good physique, especially when you consider that I'm 42 years old.
My question is, should I smarten up my dress or stay with casual. My casual style of dress highlights one of my physically attractive qualities; my physique. Isn't this peacocking in itself? Shirts etc tend to bag out from the body giving an impression of a pot belly lurking below. And shirts and jackets don't really show off the physique.
Any thoughts you guys have would be appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:51 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

You sound like me but +20 years more :D
I got a watch that is wide on leather piece (dont know the right name),
but u can see picture below

it looks very masculine on wrist, and gives a sence of style and confident look to you also. I d say get one, or atleast go see how it looks.

The point of peacocking i believe is having something that catches the eye.

For example i went to college today big sunglasses ON,that had a red frames.
That worked fine.

Anyway, i d say you should try to look stylish, but still your age.Little "unique" stuff ON, for example V- neck t shirt with a bit bigger cut on V.I ve seen old men trying to lure young chicks by dressing up as they would 20 years old, i think it doesnt work.

Hopefully this gave you some ideas.

You cant win, if you wont try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:41 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I had to laugh when you said 'old men'. I was sarging a 24 year old the other week and she thought that I was 30 years old max. I was so chuffed. I have to say that I have very young skin, even around the eyes where aging usually shows first. I can get away with wearing stuff that guys in their twenties wear.
I DO like that watch. Think I'll look for something similar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:23 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

:)

But, about peacocking , i would say. I would put only those things that
actually fits me. I would wear that glowing necklace that was talked about in "A book", only if it would fit me. I would wear pink shirt, but only if it would fit me.

i know u got the point :)

- Mr. White

You cant win, if you wont try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:56 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

AOL: xxorginizmxx
Its about standing out, doing something no one else or rarely anyone else does. One that works for me is a fohawk (girls love it, and when i asked a few the general consensus is that it gave a "rebel" vibe ::shrug::). Blazer at a bar, sunglasses at night, multiple watches (some of those are in "the game" btw). Basically peacocking is only to create an image that someone will remember you by, or something for conversation. Heck do something that makes you feel a little awkward, so when you wear your normal attire you'll feel more confident.

Post subject: Hi there!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:58 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Osiris Id give you a pointer on where to look impact recently made a post on the forums where he adresses exactly this mate, take a look at the stuff he put in the post, myself i did actually put a few pics of clothes there which look pretty nice along with some glasses take a look!

B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:06 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

hey guys

i find myself right in the midst of revamping my style, and as much as i like the peacock theory, i know i will find it quite a challenge to be more extavert.

impact's post on another forum is solid as. he has a lot of good ideas, i liked his idea of different shoelaces. stuff like shoelaces and belts are a more subtle form of peacocking. his IOI toy is real cool, and i sure belive him when he says how good it works, tho for me, i would feel a bit self conscious.....but i think this just tells me i gotta bita inner game shit to do.

a cool watch is another thing, tho once again, more than one wouldn't be my style. i kinda like piercings myself, tho i couldn't really have any noticable ones cuz of my job. i would consider fake one's but i never seen them around. sideburns are also cool, something id never had b4.

in the end wot is more important is that whatever you wear, ya gotta feel comfortable in it, it has to be congruent with the kinda person you see yrself as

cheers
dm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:49 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

AOL: Graffiti+of+Arson
I find that peacocking has more made my look than made me seem off. I wear a number of rings, usually a pair of slacks, a dress or tshirt, and a leather as well as a hemp bracelet, and to top it off a pair of oversized aviators, which fit my head perfectly. I also have always loved piercings, I have 5 in my left ear (3 i lobe, and an industrial which i switch with two rings on occasion). I've found that at first you stand out, but then, if you allow, the gear becomes natural. I plan on getting some more brightly colored things, and things that glow, as soon as I've saved the money. The one thing I would kill for right now would be a real top hat. But I have to say that watch is great.

WARNING: peacocking is very addicting.If you can't handle being called a freak, fag, or weird, then it is not for you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:33 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

AOL: xxorginizmxx
someone should post a link to that impact thread.