Girl looks down?

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 120 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » General Questions

Post subject: Girl looks down?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:33 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Hi, yesterday in a club a girl that looks at me often (direct, seeking out eye contact) (she is a regular, nice young blonde with what an ass :) )... broke off Eye Contact with me by looking down. I then realized that this has never happened to me before (i.e. no girl has ever broken off eye contact with me looking down), as far as I can remember and I make tons of eye contact with girls all the time.

I had read somewhere that you (as a man) are not supposed to break off Eye Contact, down - it shows weakness or something - but always to the side.

With her actually this is the first time she ever broke Eye Contact at all since I'm the one who breaks it off as I turn the corner away from her (usually she is looking at me from her table)

I'm guessing it means that she either is not interested or she is being shy (when she did it I was much closer to her than usual, passing directly by her)... anyhow anyone know more about this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:39 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

In NLP they discribe what looking away means. Each side has a different meaning.

For example, if you ask a girl how her livingroom looks like, she will turn her eyes to the right top side of the eyes. Maybe moving her head there aswell.

If you ask how a certain song goes, she will look to the left side of her eyes.

Looking downwards usually means something kinetic. Or in other words: feelings, bodysensations.. etc.

Up = visual.
Side = audio.
Down = kinetic.

So when you say she looked down when you came closer, she probebly was being shy. She already noticed you looking at her, making eye contact. So when you came in closer, she probebly thought you wanted to approach her or something. She became shy and looked away. Which scared you away on your turn (as you had no clue what that meant).

I guess you can take looking down as an IOI. She's just shy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:52 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Behavioral anthropology asserts that women are "supposed" to look away from males when the male looks at them, if attracted they are supposed to begin to touch their hair a lot. Puff out their breasts, arch their backs and try to draw attention to themselves through speech and body language.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:02 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

I've always operated on a different belief, don't know where I picked this up,

Up=she thinks she has higher social value than you
Sideways= Same social value, might be worth approaching
Down= She's submitting to you

I go by this if she breaks eye contact instantly. If she holds it for a second or two, I don't care how she breaks it, she lingered long enough to "invite" me, no matter how "coinciental" it seems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:58 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

oh she was definitely holding it for a while... and she initiated it. It is just when I got close she broke it down and yeah it did kinda seem like being shy so that's what I was guessing.

It is strange though, really girls usually keep the eye contact a long time with me and if they break away it is never down (or up) as far as I can tell.

It did throw me off, not really knowing what it meant... might sound very strange but that is the first time I actually noticed that, perhaps before I just never paid attention to the direction the girl breaks the eye contact... but I guess it must all usually be to the side - sometimes I break the eye contact first (by looking away) because some of these girls hold it for a really long time, it doesn't really seem to make a difference. These girls will usually still be looking back again, if not immediately then when I've relocated myself somewhere else in the club.

Actually I have never ever heard of breaking contact up, nor seen it. Ah I think I know what you mean, if they roll the eyes or something. There is only one situation ever (and it has happened a few times) where a girl will look at me and roll their eyes... if I am in a club, girl notices me and then looks down and sees shoes she doesn't like.

btw. I read somewhere in summer about it being a *serious* sign of interest if the girl is looking at your crotch. And I thought yeah, since when has a girl ever looked at my crotch in a nightclub as I walked by? And then the next night I notice that I'm checking my fly twice... on the 2nd attempt, "oh! duh... my fly's not open so these girls must be looking there for other reasons, lol". Just thought it was funny.... checking your fly is almost an unconscious knee-jerk reaction to when someone looks at your crotch, at least for me... maybe it was because when I was younger sometimes I dressed rather hastily, lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:45 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
I've always operated on a different belief, don't know where I picked this up,

Up=she thinks she has higher social value than you
Sideways= Same social value, might be worth approaching
Down= She's submitting to you.
I took it from an NLP book for beginners. Havn't read the book itself yet. Just came across the page the other day that explained it. Then I saw this post and responded to it with the stuff I saw in the book.

Yours might be practical aswell. As most girls with a lower social value are shy, thus look down. And girls with a higher social value arn't, thus don't look at the kinetic side of their eyes.

Cheers,
NAB

Post subject: Re: Girl looks down?
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:49 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

If she looks down it means that she is attracted - gg my man :)