Waiting > 2 days between text convos doesn't work anymore?

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 156 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » General Questions

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:27 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

It seems like if I ever don't text a girl for more than 2 days without setting up a date, she stops responding to my texts. Specifically I'm talking about girls you recently met. You got her number, you chatted with her over text a few times in one day, but your schedule's packed for the next week so you didn't set a date with her.

Now, if today is Monday, and I set a date for Friday, I can go without texting her til Friday and she will respond. But if no date is set, and I go 3-4 days without texting, I should basically just not expect a response, because I don't get them anymore (MOST, but not all the time).

It didn't used to be this way. Just 3 years ago (the last time I was single), I used to go occasionally 7 days without texting a chick, swoop in with some funny text, and bam set up a date. Or sometimes I would just set up the date, no funny opening text.

It could be a location thing. I live in a large city now, and maybe women in large cities are different. Maybe women in cities understand that if you go greater than a couple days without texting and you haven't set a date, you're not that interested in them. Women definitely move faster here.

But I used to think that showing a little disinterest by going more than couple days without texting would actually increase their interest in you. What do you guys think about this? Do you usually get ignored if you go more than a couple days without texting?

Last edited by backIntheGame91 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:05 pm 
The Grand Puba

A lot of guys use disinterest because it's the polar opposite of eager. Eagerness isn't attractive when the girl isn't sharing that same level of eagerness. This is the whole reason why a lot of guys pretend that they are disinterested, do the "self amusing" tactic, or do cocky/funny personas. These type of things hide the level of interest and it could help build attraction the day that you meet. However, women don't want to go out with a guy that they don't believe are really interested in them.

Initial attraction between men and women have an expiration date when there is no contact. If you haven't done anything to keep the initial attraction alive and you are going more than a couple of days without seeing a woman, chances are that she can easily find someone that will show her enough interest to take her attention away from you or her real life priorities will change you into some guy that she met a few days ago.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:50 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
A lot of guys use disinterest because it's the polar opposite of eager. Eagerness isn't attractive when the girl isn't sharing that same level of eagerness. This is the whole reason why a lot of guys pretend that they are disinterested, do the "self amusing" tactic, or do cocky/funny personas. These type of things hide the level of interest and it could help build attraction the day that you meet. However, women don't want to go out with a guy that they don't believe are really interested in them.

Initial attraction between men and women have an expiration date when there is no contact. If you haven't done anything to keep the initial attraction alive and you are going more than a couple of days without seeing a woman, chances are that she can easily find someone that will show her enough interest to take her attention away from you or her real life priorities will change you into some guy that she met a few days ago.
Thanks, what you say makes sense. I'm glad to know that it's normal and not something else I'm doing and not even thinking about.

Still, I find it intriguing that I used to get away with not texting for a while, and now I for the most part don't get away with it.

This makes it particularly hard to juggle 4-7 women at a time, which used to be my magic number/range. Not like I ever used to go out with that many in a given week, but if my top 3 or 4 options started flaking I could always fall back. Now I can't really count on that.

I also don't have the time nor mental energy to text 4-7 women every couple days, and even if I did, it would be ingenuine of me. Guess I just have to juggle less.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:55 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks, what you say makes sense. I'm glad to know that it's normal and not something else I'm doing and not even thinking about.

Still, I find it intriguing that I used to get away with not texting for a while, and now I for the most part don't get away with it.

This makes it particularly hard to juggle 4-7 women at a time, which used to be my magic number/range. Not like I ever used to go out with that many in a given week, but if my top 3 or 4 options started flaking I could always fall back. Now I can't really count on that.

I also don't have the time nor mental energy to text 4-7 women every couple days, and even if I did, it would be ingenuine of me. Guess I just have to juggle less.
Getting numbers is great but the key is to get several numbers / contacts as girls in this day and age are flakey. The ones that want to date have got alot of options these days such as dating sites, tinder etc etc. and can go on multiple dates per week if they wish.

I think the key is to make contact and set up a 2nd meeting as soon as you can without being pushy or coming accross as desperate. As far as the lack of replies goes - well thats normal. Even Paul Jenka who has model looks says that he can number close alot of females however a percentage won't text back, another group will text back but will fall off the radar in a few days and some will actually follow through with the conversation. That is perfectly normal and happens to everybody not just you.

You may have not read some situations as well as you could have and asked for numbers of females who were not interested to begin with (females will give out their number willy nilly just to avoid feeling awkward after being asked) which could have led to a high rate of non response. The key is to get several number of females that show interest. Some people (and i was guilty of this at one stage) just go out and try get number after number after number which end up being useless as you don't develop enough of a connection with that person as you end up focusing too much on getting a number quickly rather than rapor development and then asking for the number only if you both seem to have some sort of connection and it feels right.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:43 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
you chatted with her over text a few times in one day

Why are you chatting with a woman a few times throughout the day, and not asking her out?
Quote:
but your schedule's packed for the next week so you didn't set a date with her.
this doesn't make any sense. How do you have time to send a few texts, but you don't have time to ask her out in those initial texts?
Quote:
Now, if today is Monday, and I set a date for Friday, I can go without texting her til Friday and she will respond. But if no date is set, and I go 3-4 days without texting, I should basically just not expect a response, because I don't get them anymore (MOST, but not all the time).

This happens because you're acting like a text pal, not a potential dominant lover.

Quote:
But I used to think that showing a little disinterest by going more than couple days without texting would actually increase their interest in you. What do you guys think about this? Do you usually get ignored if you go more than a couple days without texting?
always ask a woman out (whom you want to ask out, lol) right away. If you're in day game, ask her out right there. If you meet her at a bar and there's chemistry, ask her home.

Like you said, if you set a date, and don't text her, you're good. It's when you act passive and waste their time (and yours) by not asking them out quickly that produces unwanted results.

Trust me, man, I hear women trash the hell out of guys who do this.

It's okay to not contact women for two or three days or whatever. But you have to make your interest known immediately by asking her over that night, or for a date. If you don't, it implies you aren't good with women, or confident.