Fragrance

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 162 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » General Questions

Post subject: Re: Fragrance
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:05 am 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
No, I just have a system that works. You can call it "extreme" but it's just one of many systems.

I personally loathe perfume on men and women. That's a personal preference and not really extreme. Many people feel the same way. I do feel that applying "scent" or fragrance is a feminine act, just like too much shopping, or gossiping. These are not "bad" things, just feminine things. If you do too many of these acts, you lose masculinity (which, IMHO has happened to many of today's men).

Your actions, day to day, define who you are, no matter how small.
I said in the beginning that it's a personal preference. Just because YOU and some other people feel it's feminine doesn't make it feminine. Just like when people thought the world was flat didn't make the world flat.
Quote:
Posting peer reviewed studies isn't that odd. It's just part of my science-based system. Polarity is incredibly important to attracting, and keeping hot women. The more things you do like a woman, the less the polarity.
Posting peer reviewed studies is one thing. Understanding the results is what you seem to have a hard time comprehending(just to warn you...this may be a topic that you want to avoid). The link you posted here had absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Quote:
Nope, that has never happened. But some women do ask, after a few romps, why I don't wear any. I say "I'm a man, baby."
Rhetorical statement with an ego driven response.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:09 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
I said in the beginning that it's a personal preference. Just because YOU and some other people feel it's feminine doesn't make it feminine.
You're acting really insecure about this, Jack.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:16 am 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
Quote:
I said in the beginning that it's a personal preference. Just because YOU and some other people feel it's feminine doesn't make it feminine.
You're acting really insecure about this, Jack.
You tend to interpret what you read incorrectly, Arch.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:20 am 
Ask a mod for a custom title

But Arch, you live in a small town...if you took that mentality to a city you'd be laughed outta there. Because guys like that get embarrased for that 1890's way of thinking. It takes literally a minute to buy a cologne. And there's a huge difference from being a man who sprays cologne on before he leaves his place and a man who's gossiping and a shopaholic. When you have that extreme view that cologne is in the same category of gossiping or the word is feminine and all that, thats not masculinity, thats just being irrational. Chick's shower, chicks read, chicks go to the gym, chick's have jobs, chicks brush their teeth. So this polarity thing isnt sensible. Even if you are in a biker gang and chopping down trees for a living daily, 99% of what you do everyday chicks are doing. I dont know about you, but purchasing cologne takes a minute. Nothing wrong with being your own man, but this is just being counter for the sake of it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:31 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
But Arch, you live in a small town...if you took that mentality to a city you'd be laughed outta there.
I'm from Chicago (most of my life) and have done very well. I do good work when I'm in the city with a beard and a short sleeved henley these days, too.

And with all due respect Neo, your frame is weak. The location does not set your frame. The woman does not set the frame. The man sets the frame, everywhere he goes regardless of fashion or trends. A dominant male rises above fads, because masculinity never goes out of style.

Quote:
I dont know about you, but purchasing cologne takes a minute. Nothing wrong with being your own man, but this is just being counter for the sake of it.
I really dislike perfume/cologne. I do feels it's very feminine. Does that make men who dabble on flower scents like ole' grandmas weak? No. But it is feminine.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:08 am 

Quote:
I'm from Chicago (most of my life) and have done very well. I do good work when I'm in the city with a beard and a short sleeved henley these days, too.

And with all due respect Neo, your frame is weak. The location does not set your frame. The woman does not set the frame. The man sets the frame, everywhere he goes regardless of fashion or trends. A dominant male rises above fads, because masculinity never goes out of style.
Choosing to wear cologne or not, is not a frame. The issue I have is you're applying a mindset, over something as simple as cologne, and you dont have a rational reason for it. Which, if we're talking men vs women, is an argument based on your emotions, that you cant provide a valid reason to...is this not a feminine trait? Is not liking something because you find ONE of its names (ie cologne, fragrance) feminine, not emotional thinking? Is being dramatic enough to equate putting on cologne to gossiping not feminine thinking? With all due respect, you defended a position with emotional, illogical and irrational reasons, which is closer to how a woman argues a point. And I know you know that, so its ironic that you're saying something is feminine when all you're saying is "I have no logical reason not to like it, so I'll go with my emotions."

If I had asked a chick why she didnt like something, these are the kinds of answers I'd get. The name. Some extreme comparison. That it takes too much time away. If you think cologne is feminine, cool. But at least be able to say why. Especially if you're going to bring masculinity into it; have a masculine, logical answer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:07 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
Choosing to wear cologne or not, is not a frame.
That wasn't what I referenced. I was alluding to your "you'll be laughed out of the city" comment.

Quote:
The issue I have is you're applying a mindset, over something as simple as cologne, and you dont have a rational reason for it. Which, if we're talking men vs women, is an argument based on your emotions, that you cant provide a valid reason to...is this not a feminine trait?
I don't like the smell. It's not really an irrational response. And I think flower smells are feminine. I don't think that's an irrational viewpoint, either. Flowers are designed to receive/be penetrated.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:20 am 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
Quote:

Choosing to wear cologne or not, is not a frame. The issue I have is you're applying a mindset, over something as simple as cologne, and you dont have a rational reason for it. Which, if we're talking men vs women, is an argument based on your emotions, that you cant provide a valid reason to...is this not a feminine trait? Is not liking something because you find ONE of its names (ie cologne, fragrance) feminine, not emotional thinking? Is being dramatic enough to equate putting on cologne to gossiping not feminine thinking? With all due respect, you defended a position with emotional, illogical and irrational reasons, which is closer to how a woman argues a point. And I know you know that, so its ironic that you're saying something is feminine when all you're saying is "I have no logical reason not to like it, so I'll go with my emotions."

If I had asked a chick why she didnt like something, these are the kinds of answers I'd get. The name. Some extreme comparison. That it takes too much time away. If you think cologne is feminine, cool. But at least be able to say why. Especially if you're going to bring masculinity into it; have a masculine, logical answer.
I agree with Neo here on this and one of the reasons I wonder if you actually believe some of the things that you advise. You say things and then indirectly contradict what you say. You speak a lot about being centered but you take things to an extreme. You'll tell guys that men shouldn't talk about certain things with women and at the same time he should have a strong frame and lead. You tell guys to be indifferent to women and then go out of your way to let them know that you don't care. You often disprove your own statements. I hope that you really are who you say you are and just have success with women and don't realize why it happens at times rather than an Arch character.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:50 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Choosing to wear cologne or not, is not a frame.
That wasn't what I referenced. I was alluding to your "you'll be laughed out of the city" comment.

Quote:
The issue I have is you're applying a mindset, over something as simple as cologne, and you dont have a rational reason for it. Which, if we're talking men vs women, is an argument based on your emotions, that you cant provide a valid reason to...is this not a feminine trait?
I don't like the smell. It's not really an irrational response. And I think flower smells are feminine. I don't think that's an irrational viewpoint, either. Flowers are designed to receive/be penetrated.
Not liking the smell is fine. As to flower smells, sure flowers are seen as feminine...that's why most men's colognes don't smell like flowers. Don't know of many men's colognes that smell like flowers. If you're saying their feminine because they smell like flowers I don't know what colognes you've been smelling. They're actually designed to NOT smell like flowers.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:52 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
You say things and then indirectly contradict what you say.
Anyone who strives to learn and evolve will end up contradicting themselves. Moods change, perceptions change, plans change. Be flexible and open minded.
Quote:
You speak a lot about being centered but you take things to an extreme. You'll tell guys that men shouldn't talk about certain things with women and at the same time he should have a strong frame and lead.
Yes, nuance is good.

Quote:
You tell guys to be indifferent to women and then go out of your way to let them know that you don't care.
Hmmm, I don't recall this.

Either way, it's all good. Fun thread.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:08 am 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
Anyone who strives to learn and evolve will end up contradicting themselves. Moods change, perceptions change, plans change. Be flexible and open minded.
It's definitely good to learn and evolve...but you'll contradict yourself in the same thread while attempting to show your expertise on a subject.
Quote:
Yes, nuance is good.
How is that nuance good? It's a weak frame. There's no way around that.
Quote:
Hmmm, I don't recall this.
To let a girl know that you're good either way is trying to tell her you're indifferent. If you're indifferent, that's something that you don't have to communicate.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:45 am 
High Priest of Debauchery

Arch, musk is a masculine scent. Your soap has a scent in it that makes you smell fresh. There's nothing counter-productive when wearing scents for social interactions except when you deliberately wear the scents that are intended for women

Here are my two essential rules on texting that will save you tons of time and money:

general-questions/topic137931.html

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:59 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

sometimes I think you guys are all misogynist hahahahaha, you talk about women with disgust. LOL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:47 pm 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
sometimes I think you guys are all misogynist hahahahaha, you talk about women with disgust. LOL
Oh yeah? Let's see the quote that backs up your statement.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:50 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Really the masculine/feminine debate couldn't be more over my head. Consider Mystery: he had earrings, put black polish on his nails. Strauss used to put makeup on his face. I put perfume because I like it. And so far the only oh-that's-so-girly reactions I had were from men--meanwhile I stopped counting the number of women who put their head on my chest and told me "I like the way you smell."

Bottom line: fitting a sexual stereotype plays only a minor part in the process of seduction.