So what do you do? - Answer

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Tools & Techniques of Game: Meeting, Attracting and Seducing Women » Routines

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:13 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Ok, so I'm developing just my basic EV right now and I've 'designed' this routine/canned response for DHV'ing. Keep in mind this is all true stuff about myself. I welcome all critique.

HB: So what do you do?

Holden: Let me put it this way, when you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?

SET: Blah Blah Blah

Holden: Well when I was 6 and I was asked what did I want to be when I grew up, do you know what I said?

SET: What?

Holden: A Dog. (pause for laughs) No really! I thought it was a job I could pick. You know, doctor, lawyer, teacher, and dog. A perfectly good career. But hey I was 6 and didn't know any better. I'm sure you powerpuff girls (gets laughs) all wanted to be princesses when you grew up?

SET: *Depending on the response you can NEG your target that she'd be the Grumpy witch if her bitchshield is still up*

Holden: But what I do have is a piece of construction paper I saved since I was 8 where the teacher made us draw what we wanted to be. And I always wanted to be a policeman. So I guess I changed from wanting to be a dog one year into becoming a Pig the next (pause for laughs). But then when I got to High School I met that 'one' teacher that really taught you. I think everyone has that 'cool' teacher that they will always remember. Don't you think, who was yours (to set)?

*If someones response takes too long do Mystery's 'ANNNNNNNND Back to me'*

Holden: So mine was Mr. MacAulay, he was my Grade 10 Science teacher and later on Biology and Chemistry teacher in Grade 11 and 12. He was the teacher I would talk to after class and he'd help me understand science a lot better. So by the time I finished High School I was all ramped up and wanted to become a Scientist. There was only one problem, I didn't really know what a Scientist did. I had some idea that you hanged out in labs and just poured liquid from one test tube to the other hoping it didn't explode. So I got a scholarship to __________ University and went to study science, I majored in Biology at first because it was always my best subject. But as I learned Biology, I got really interested in the Medical aspect of how the body worked and over 2 years wanted to become a Doctor. But honestly, I relized how hard it was to study and balance school while working my McJobs that I absolutely hated. What was your first job you ever had?

Holden: *NEG if the targets value hasn't been lowered enough yet* Well I've held every crappy teenager job you can think off. I've flipped hamburgers, pumped gas, worked at a hardware store, been a security guard, and stuffed files for office workers. But you know... as bad as all that was I can confidently say that they've made me a better person and I truly know I've earned everything I have in my life now. I learned so many lessons from them and met so many cool people that as much as I hated it at the time I can look back and appreciate how it made me ME! But I think I'm getting off topic. So 3 years ago I come across this advertisement for _______(My current interesting job(Very DHV), law enforcement related) and I got higherd even thought I thought I totally blew the interview with my boss. So right now, I'm still doing _________ and I'm in charge of 53 people! Can you believe that! So I continued going to school being able to live out my childhood dream sortof. But I got away from wanting to be a Doctor and I started studying Nueroscience and eventually I Majored in Psychology.

*Potential Segway into any cold-reading because most women don't know that academic psych is nothing like pop-psych*

Holden: But recently I'm lined up to start my new job of _________ . I was always humming and hawing about doing that, but you know what sealed the deal. It was when my friend _________ got killed doing _________. And I really respected the guy, so I guess I'm kinda doing it for him, so even though I got a degree in Psychology and could have a sweet career doing __________, I want to do this because right now it's what my heart is telling me. Did you ever get a feeling that told you no matter what everyone else says, you trust that feeling soooo much that everyone else just kinda fades away?

*Transition to EV'ing about emotions/feelings and go back to the cold-routines*
Yes I know this is very long for a simple question but I need some feedback on:
1. Is it too long?
2. Is it too much about me too early into the set?
3. Does it display a lot of DHV? Or are there area's I could improve to encrease it?
4. Any actions and kino routines I could splice in here?
5. By asking questions to the set am I validating them too early?

Overall, I think its interesting stuff where I focus the attention on me and I give back to the set enough to keep them interested. Also there is a lot of threads here for conversation so when I'm done the conversation isn't.

Last edited by Holden on Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:08 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Website: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=382875915
AOL: bostonskyline617
this is to long to read but i will read it later and post up a reply on this post

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =382875915

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:07 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

ha ha i agree with artist, bro this post was too long space it out a bit more...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:49 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I think it missed a punchline.

The thing with the dog and pig was brilliant, but I was expecting something more different in the end.

At first you give this impression of having a job that is just too weird or amazing, or lame, to just mention randomly, so you'll have to back it up with the history behind it first before you tell them. Like Dog Food Tester, Mobile Phone Designer or Window Cleaner. Then your story leads nowhere however, and it's not really rewarding to hear it all, I think.

Good job related questions though, those are very interesting topics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:34 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Yahoo Messenger: goodbeingtheking
when they ask me what I do...

HB: so what do you do?
ME: you really want to know (with a serious face)
HB: ummm... yeah
ME: okay but get closer
HB: ummm... okay
Me: have you ever heard of Donald Trump?
HB: yeah
Me: I wish I worked for him that would be cool huh?
HB: hahah seriously what do you do?
ME: seriously?
HB: yeah
ME: I'll tell you after you get me a drink

and they usually do 3 out of 5
I love the MM