How to use talents as a DHV

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 31 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Tools & Techniques of Game: Meeting, Attracting and Seducing Women » Routines

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:55 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I have a lot of talents(singing, drumset, guitar, paino, painting, advanced sketching), but it find it really hard to put it in the conversation as a DHV without sounding like im bragging about my talents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:35 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

okay....
and what exactly do you
need help with?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:06 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

AOL: three60flipnick
peacock something that can bring up a story about your talents indirectly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:12 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Peacock something? You mean like bring a guitar or something. O.O Or wait I'd bring drumsticks, and pretend they fall out my bag all of a sudden.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:27 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

fuck no.
nobody likes the guitar guy at the party...
Heres a ranking of where guitar guy stands
GPUA
MPUA
PUA
AFC
My 8 year old sister
GUitar Guy

idk... wear a shirt that you made that is a picture you drew or seomthing.
whatever you do it has to be indirect

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:35 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

GPUA?
Grand Master PUA?

Well it would be hard to get the drawing on the shirt since it requires some money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:41 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

guruPUA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:21 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
fuck no.
nobody likes the guitar guy at the party...
Heres a ranking of where guitar guy stands
GPUA
MPUA
PUA
AFC
My 8 year old sister
GUitar Guy
Actually, I think your 8 year old sister is probably ranked above the AFC. The "Child at a party" tends to be looked on as a badass... where the AFC's are umm. AFCs.

But for the overall topic, yes... the Guitar Guy is at the bottom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:28 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

hey man i have the same problem as you. i am an experienced drummer, SCUBA diver, rock/ice climber, backpacker, snowboarder among other things. its all ammunition, but u have to learn to use it correctly. for instance, i have scars on my hands from doing shit that involved my activities. when ur in the convo, try to lean towards the shit you do. DO NOT mention anything UNTIL she asks you. or in my instance, if i meet a rockclimbing chick or whatever i will pull out my scar story on one ofmy hands, "see this scar?" that is from ____, usually a truthful story, manipulated a little at the most. but you are a musican right? anything that the girl brings into the convo about music, use as ammunition. i really dont know if this helped, but i am still trying to figure it out myself. i am in the process of it. just a few rules are DO NOT mention anything directly, but you CAN insinuate things. if ur listenig to music, ask if she hears the lead guitar riff, then get into music, neg her about how she definitely isnt a musican because she has no ear for it, then ask her, work on her response depending on if she says she did play something or did not. get my point? hope this helps.. sorry i could not be more effective in my answer -Rye

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:17 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

AOL: MaximRick
i play drums too and too be honest i've never really used that as a conversational peice. The few times it was brought up i vaguely remember being asked if i'm in a band...if you answer is no it bassically ends there hence why i really don't try to use the drum thing much.

It's something thats a lot better to be left for a later meeting when a chick comes over your house and finds out on her own.

This is just a thought but one of the few ways would be to almost become that rocker archetype as far as your clothes and hair go... and then that will automatically come up in conversation and support the congruency of your look. Just don't look emo by accident :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:00 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Dudes, make it about her! Ask her what she does thats fun! Ask her about her activities! Get her to ASK YOU what you do for fun but get her to talk about herself - a lot - and listen. The approaches you have been offering are "Try Hard" approaches. Remember, you are supposed to be setting the situation up so that she is hunting you, not the other way around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:12 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
hey man i have the same problem as you. i am an experienced drummer, SCUBA diver, rock/ice climber, backpacker, snowboarder among other things. its all ammunition, but u have to learn to use it correctly. for instance, i have scars on my hands from doing shit that involved my activities. when ur in the convo, try to lean towards the shit you do. DO NOT mention anything UNTIL she asks you. or in my instance, if i meet a rockclimbing chick or whatever i will pull out my scar story on one ofmy hands, "see this scar?" that is from ____, usually a truthful story, manipulated a little at the most. but you are a musican right? anything that the girl brings into the convo about music, use as ammunition. i really dont know if this helped, but i am still trying to figure it out myself. i am in the process of it. just a few rules are DO NOT mention anything directly, but you CAN insinuate things. if ur listenig to music, ask if she hears the lead guitar riff, then get into music, neg her about how she definitely isnt a musican because she has no ear for it, then ask her, work on her response depending on if she says she did play something or did not. get my point? hope this helps.. sorry i could not be more effective in my answer -Rye
Yeah I actually sarge one where she brought up having to tune a guitar and worked out quite well since I told her I can tune it. So I went over and fixed it, and got deeper into C3. Sorry Jack I know you hate guitar guys, it just happened, I went with the flow.

Slickrick - yeah I can go as low as a guitar guy, but not emo lol dont worry.

Hungry Like the Wolf - But if you make it all about her, you are already giving her IOIs which would blow your cover and she wont get attracted to you but rather look at you as someone she can talk to about her damn nail polish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:53 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:
Sorry Jack I know you hate guitar guys, it just happened, I went with the flow.
nah I don't hate guitar guys by what you think I meant.

I hate the guys who bring a guitar to parties, school, starbucks, and start singing bad acoustic shit trying

playing the guitar is legit, jsut dont be "the guitar guy"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:08 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I can see why you hate them. They sort of give of a vibe of an attention hog.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:42 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Get your run of the mill pencil, drill a hole in it and wear it around your neck, she'll ask you what it is and you say your a sketch artist and it was your graduation pencil.

If she asks you to sketch her go
'what!!! are you kidding, waste my special pencil on you!' or mabye add, 'ok but you owe me one big time' But dont be harsch about it.

What a title!