Phone Messages: help needed

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Tools & Techniques of Game: Meeting, Attracting and Seducing Women » Routines

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:40 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

AOL: RogueBH
I've acquired enough #s now that it's time for me to begin working on phone game.

Is it ok to leave a voicemail? Or better to try and call back another time?

I called 4 girls that I met over the weekend yesterday. Here's how my messages sounded:

"Hey, it's Crush, we met last night, I hope you saw the [univ we go to vs rival] game today! Holy crap that was awesome. I only have a minute before I head out to this crazy party in Castle Rock (my buddy just got a new place, he's throwing a gigantic partay!), but I need your opinion on [something related to our first conversation]. Call me back! [leave number if I didn't already give it to them]"

I need help and suggestions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:52 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

From what ive read, a good voicemail is something like this:

Hey HB, its fuzz, just called to say 'hi'. ill call back some other time or you can give me a call when you get time.

Something like that. Keep it brief and to the point.

-fuzz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:02 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Ok thanks!

I kinda think that the "ill call you back, or you can call me back" part is DLV. thoughts?

PS, just got a text from one girl teasing me lightly about my message haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:08 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Ok thanks!

I kinda think that the "ill call you back, or you can call me back" part is DLV. toughts?
Well, they did give you their # and they should be expecting a call. Its a voicemail. Youre just letting them know that youll call back "sometime" (they dont know when...) or, if they REALLY want to talk to you and dont want to wait, they can call you (least likely).

You could just use one or the other. Be like:

Hey HB, its fuzz. Called to say hi. Ill call you back some other time.

or

Hey HB, its fuzz. Called to say hi. Give me a call when you can.

Thats my opinion. If you think its a DLV, then by all means, dont do it. I just think its hard to DLV yourself in a 7 second voicemail.

-fuzz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:11 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Without knowing the history to provide context.

'We sure kicked 'school's ass today. That last (first) touchdown where they blah blah was great.

(false time constraint, I always pretend to be responding to something from someone else not on the phone)
Move phone away from face.

'What? Ok, hold on, I'm going to finish this call up and we can go'
back to phone.

'This is Crush from last night. I am going to go to ....... (Hang up the phone -Almost every phone has caller ID or at least displays the number)

I do not like the last part of your message. I need your opinion.... Call me back...... The first part is unneeded and the second is understood. Sounds needy.

So have any of them returned the call yet? If they do not, you have an excuss about why you called back (without appearing needy)

When you call back (couple days later)
'I think my voice mail got cut off the other day, my phone number is blah blah'

This could be to another voice mail or while talking to her if she answered.

Double Your Dating by DD
(This will work on your inner game)

http://www.freewebs.com/xfman/
(This will work on your outer game)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:15 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Without knowing the history to provide context.

'We sure kicked 'school's ass today. That last (first) touchdown where they blah blah was great.

(false time constraint, I always pretend to be responding to something from someone else not on the phone)
Move phone away from face.

'What? Ok, hold on, I'm going to finish this call up and we can go'
back to phone.

'This is Crush from last night. I am going to go to ....... (Hang up the phone -Almost every phone has caller ID or at least displays the number)

I do not like the last part of your message. I need your opinion.... Call me back...... The first part is unneeded and the second is understood. Sounds needy.

So have any of them returned the call yet? If they do not, you have an excuss about why you called back (without appearing needy)

When you call back (couple days later)
'I think my voice mail got cut off the other day, my phone number is blah blah'

This could be to another voice mail or while talking to her if she answered.
I think this COULD work with certain girls. Its like leaving a voicemail w/o leaving a voicemail.

-fuzz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:23 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Valence, thanks. I think your tips are excellent, I'll definitely employ them next time.

I deliberately called these girls back without reading up on it first to get an experience doing it by my own logic first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:13 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I've been reading posts on this because I feel the first call can be the most problematic part of the game. I've lost some really quality number closes by doing two calls with no responses. At this point, I felt that I had to put them on the back burner because a third call is a ship-sinking DLV. At this point, I think the best message is the shortest :

Hi (HB), this is (Pua). Call me.

or fuzz's
Quote:
Hey HB, its fuzz. Called to say hi. Ill call you back some other time.

or

Hey HB, its fuzz. Called to say hi. Give me a call when you can.
It is paired down to: Identification + name + command, with no fluff. I feel any fluff is somewhat DLV. Anything funny or tricky can easily go wrong. The point of leaving the first message is to get a callback, so do this as directly and confidently as possible while eliminating the problematic variables. Of course, getting an answer is better. Drawing the "call again" card of going straight to voicemail (no call log; don't leave a messge) is better too. Getting sent to voicemail after a few rings can be a bad sign, but with the shortest message, any of your annoyance in your voice will probably be unnoticed. Fuzz's first message may be the best because it keeps the ball in your court. Guys have the power of when to make the first call, but most Puas call within 48 hrs. This gives the girl the power of holding off on the callback, which they may want to manipulate, especially if they feel like they fell for your game too much.

Is this sound? I'm looking for an easy way to improve this part of the game.
In the event of a no callback, how long to you wait to call again? Should you text instead of risking a double no callback? Should you only text until calling is really necessary? For example, establish the day 2 with text and only call to work out the details? Maybe I am overthinking this, but I see leaving messages more as a risk of blowing it rather than an opportunity to build more attraction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:08 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

AOL: LTHL+VNM
good question....do most of ya'll establish communication through texts during the "don't call" period that is generally accepted as 2-3 days. or do you wait with no calls or texts for that time period.
as a college student, i have had good luck with texts by using them as a method of comfortable flirting. i would think that you could establish communication with the HB w/o looking like an AFC that just has to call the next day and set something up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:38 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

AOL: Rapp2Sox05
jeeez...I think you guys are making it too complicated. If you did everything right you shouldn't be worried about this. If you aren't sure...I prefer to call and if they don't pick up don't leave a voicemail. Text them a little bit later with "Hey sorry my phone lost signal on the call...I'm heading out for most of the day, but gimme a call around (insert time)...later" Depending on how playful they were with you I might throw in a neg like "Maybe I can make some time for you 8). That way if they call at the right time you can start off with I like a girl who listens (DHV) or if they call later you can neg em about it. That seems to work best. Leaving a voice message can be crippling. But like I said if everything went well when you #-closed you should know that they are dying to talk to you and will return that voice-mail like their life depends on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:34 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Thanks, that's a good technique with the no voicemail, then text. I'll try that next time. I want to agree with you that if you get a solid number close, you have nothing to worry about, but experience tells me that you never know. For instance, I got a close on a girl who eagerly grabbed my phone and entered her name and number. When I left a message that was like: hi, this is ____, good hanging with you the other night, I'll be tied up for most of the night but try to catch me, if not, I'll call you later.
No response and my second call two days later got sent to voicemail after two rings. Her friend told mine that "i rubbed her wrong on the message." Yes, its her loss and I didn't really do anything AFC, but it shows how the voicemail game can unpredictably go awry. So how do I get out of these: 1. On saturday I got a kiss/number close on a 9.5 and some texting that night teasing and talking about an ice cream date. I called Sunday night with a straightforward message. No callback as of tues. 2. On the previous Friday, a 9 countergamed me and got my number through a card from an art exhibition and teasingly wouldn't let me number/kiss close after about 8 IOIs. She texted me and we texted a few times Sun. I called Sunday night four hours after my last text (too soon, AFC), and no callback yet. Should I call again or text? How long should I wait? I know I am overthinking this, but I really don't want to blow these ripe closes with bad phone game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:14 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Ok on the ice cream date one...

That's tough. That's why I hate leaving voice messages. If you leave a second one you seem desperate, but there is always the chance she really is that busy...I really doubt that, but anything is possible. It's surprising cuz you say you k-closed her as well. I would say your only avenue left is a text message along the lines of "It's been a rough start to the week so I'm relaxing at (bar close by to where you met or one your sure she knows) tomorrow night. There could be a (drink you know she likes) with your name on it 8) ." That way it validates her slightly, but it makes it look like your gonna be having fun with or without her that night. That's what I would do, but I'm gonna be honest it's not looking good.

The 2nd one...

I'm guessing you left a voicemail. crap lol. Same thing man. It's a tough situation and I know how you feel I've been there, but I think a similar text is your best bet. It's a playful message that won't come across desperate and it should evoke a response whether she comes out that night or not.

I'm really against calling again cuz they both know you called. If they wanted to call back they would have. A text allows you to get your point across on your terms. Lemme know what happens and we can go from there, but I'm thinking you should head out tonight and sarge away.

By the way don't blame bad phone game. You didn't use bad phone game so don't worry it's not you. (although 4 hours might be pushing it a bit). Just chalk it up to experience if worse comes to worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:53 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Thanks, I'll try your approach. I like the text because there is not the finality of a second call, and they have both seemed more interested in texting anyway. I'm bartending and probably won't be available to go out or talk (or talk on the phone) for the next few nights, but I'll be out late on Fri and Sat. I think I'll give the Swedish 9.5 a shot for friday and the Chinese 9 a shot for Sat/Sun. I'll be sarging hard anyways to keep some momentum after last weekend.
Still think I have a shot, especially with the 9.5. Check out my field report called "kiss/number close on a swedish 9/10". The 9 seems like a possibility because she did contact me first. She's definitely countergaming me, so I have to punnish her for not calling me, be crafty and not fall for her shit tests. Do you think it is rewarding them too much for not calling me back by offering them an opportunity to have a drink with me? DLV? Would a clever/teasing 'what's up' type of text be as good and not as much of a finality? I want to be sure not to overplay my hand since I am in no hurry, but don't want to see these catches get off the hook...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:30 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

You could try just a what's up text, but I think the drink offer would put you back in the stronger position cuz you are showing you're gonna be heading out and having a good time. And you show you were listening by naming a specific drink she was drinking. If you can't remember just say something real outlandish like Grey Goose Martini...dirty :wink: ...that's what I'd go for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:13 am 
New to MPUA Forum

thanks Lexus, got a text four hrs ago from Ch9 trying to find out if I was bartending tonight. I just texted her that I just got back from playing basketball and it must be her bedtime with no info on when she could see me at the bar. Maybe I could have punnished her by waiting a little longer on the reply, but I kept it in my frame and gave her a suggestive neg. Gotta play it cool with this one. Now for the Sw9.5, maybe your suggested text on Thurs. I love the psychological leverage of sarging multiple girls at once. cheers to that!

Last edited by drsnakeface on Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.