was I on a date? Is it all about timing or escalation?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Tools & Techniques of Game: Meeting, Attracting and Seducing Women » Closing and Day 2’s

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:58 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

OK, so I posted my story and questions about a girl I hung out with about two weeks ago and had some interesting advice, so this week I tried things a little different, allow me to explain;

So about a week ago I was at a concert in the town centre where I live and I bumped into a few people that I know whilst I was there. With them was an attractive girl who I got talking to when we were at a bar a little later, she asked me if she could add me on facebook so that we could stay in touch about doing a ski season and she always wants to make some new friends. I mentioned I was going to a party in 2 nights time and that she should come.
The next evening at around 10 she initiated conversation with me and ask, "I hope that the invite to that party is still available, I want to make some new friends." The evening she showed up to the party, we hugged we spoke for a while and had a laugh. We agreed that we should do something together in the next week before she left, (she didn't actually stick around that long).

Two days later I asked her what she was up to the next day and she said she had a little free time, but I suggested we should do something when we weren't as busy so later that evening we agreed to go on a hike the day afterwards. On the morning of the hike it was blazing sunshine and she messaged me early and ask if we could go hang out at the lake instead and go swimming.... well of course I'm going to take that option.

So I picked her up at around 1030, we stopped by one or two shops and then headed up to a lake out of town. we took our inflatable boats and went for a paddle, we found rope swings, we jumped off rocks. We swam about. I genuinely had a great time hanging out with her and she told me a few times what a great time she was having too.
So after a few hours of playing about in the water, shooting each other with water guns and whatever, it was time to head home, she had to be somewhere with work that evening.
We walked back to my car and I couldn't help but think to myself, after the advice I'd be given about my last "dates" that I just had to make a move. So I was lying back in the boot she touch my knee prompting me to wake up. I got up and gave her a hug saying that I'd a good time the I went in for a kiss to which she turn away and said "errr," I think she felt a little awkward. I kind of laughed about it.
Anyway, I drove her home, we hugged again and both once again said, we should do this again sometime.

So that's the story in as much detail as you can probably stomach. Here's my questions; probably the most important thing, does it count as a date? A guy and a girl hanging out at a lake all afternoon in their swimming gear? I've been told countless times if a girl you've only just met want to hang out that I should assume that she is interested in me...
If that's the case, why would she respond that way to me going in for a kiss? I didn't want to wait for the "the right moment" because I sometimes feel that there is no right moment. Should I have done things differently?
Is it all about escalation? And how do I get better at this? I've read the escalation ladder and I wasn't afraid to touch her, but I still feel like I'm really bad at this. I didn't have negative responses when I did touch her.
How should I go on from here, my instinct tells me I should send her a quick message then leave it a few days and she if she genuinely does want to go out again next week.

I'd really appreciate help with this one, I feel like I'm going around in circles right now, one minute I don't make a move and a girl looses interest, the next I do make a move and she feels awkward... There's got to be a better system for this type of day game I am trying to master!!