Ending a bad first date?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

Post subject: Ending a bad first date?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:28 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Haven't been here in a long time, actually just logged on to ask a question.

I haven't used apps for dating until just the last couple weeks, but I've already been on a few dates where I feel the match misrepresented herself or I got a vibe that just wasn't going to work out. These have been pleasant dates more or less, but definitely the kind I don't have interest in pursuing further. I feel it is harder to judge this vs. having met in person before the first date, because usually by the time I've gotten a number I can tell there is a bit of chemistry.

I found it awkward to end both dates because I could tell the girl was more into a second date than I was... I don't want to make vague mentions of "let's do this again sometime" etc. because I've been on the bad end of that stick and it sucks. I genuinely felt like a girl at the end of a mediocre date. :lol:

For you guys who are experienced with this kind of mixed bag, what works best?

/couldn't find relevant info in search but happy to read threads if something comes to mind

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:57 am 
PUA Forum Leader

"I'm feeling more of a friend vibe, but it was nice meeting you."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:13 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Fair enough. Thanks.

Hard to believe I've never run into this before. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:24 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
Fair enough. Thanks.

Hard to believe I've never run into this before. :roll:

When you improve in all areas in your life, you'll slowly begin saying it more and more. And then you'll get get good enough to where you say it less and less, because you know your type, you know you can obtain your type, and know what's worth your time before even setting up a date (or random encounters on the street, not just dates).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:09 pm 
Read My Book

9 times out of 10.. I will NOT meet a girl from an online dating site unless she A facetimes/SPAM me first AND she comes to my house for the first date. Unless im 1000% sure and I mean 1000% that she is attractive, she's going to have to come straight over. This is usually easily done with a couple phone calls. My phone call is my first date. I'll spend an hour or more on the phone with a girl, because thats the DATE. The second date is an invitation to my home after I've ramped up attraction and comfort over the phone.

As far as actually going on dates though; sounds like you're being a little too nice. Cut the date instantly when you realize its not going anywhere. Save yourself the time. Meet the girl outside at a mall or a park or something so you don't go on spending unnecessary money just to not enjoy yourself.

Just be honest: " Hey, well all due respect, I don't wanna waste your time or mine.. Im just not into it, but i do appreciate you for coming out" and its all said and done.

Show Support, Buy The Book: 'The Secret Laws Of Social Wisdom - Click Here

http://www.EddieFews.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:43 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

LOL thanks again Arch...

Eddie, those are great ideas. Will definitely start with a phone call from here on out when possible! Good call.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:47 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
9 times out of 10.. I will NOT meet a girl from an online dating site unless she A facetimes/SPAM me first AND she comes to my house for the first date. Unless im 1000% sure and I mean 1000% that she is attractive, she's going to have to come straight over. This is usually easily done with a couple phone calls. My phone call is my first date. I'll spend an hour or more on the phone with a girl, because thats the DATE. The second date is an invitation to my home after I've ramped up attraction and comfort over the phone.

As far as actually going on dates though; sounds like you're being a little too nice. Cut the date instantly when you realize its not going anywhere. Save yourself the time. Meet the girl outside at a mall or a park or something so you don't go on spending unnecessary money just to not enjoy yourself.

Just be honest: " Hey, well all due respect, I don't wanna waste your time or mine.. Im just not into it, but i do appreciate you for coming out" and its all said and done.
Love this! I've been looking for a way to "date" without the obligation of getting dressed and going out, having to buy drinks with a stranger and you nailed it. I will try this out from now on!