Social Network

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Post subject: Social Network
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:22 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hi people,

This is my very first post, so before starting to explain about the topic i must recall that english is not my native language, ok so lets move on...

Social Network

I feel theres not a good theory (that i had readed about) about social network, maybe because most pua's are over 25 and they do not pay a lot of attention to social networks, but as a 18 yo dude i can affirm that social networking in my generation is crucial for the game. Why is this crucial? i can affirm that most 18yo-23 girls 99% of time they have their phone on their hand. theyre at home? they either at facebook or instagram, they go party? they snapchat everything.

So, this behaviour of being online 24/7 has developed girls to follow trends(remember the ice bucket challenge?) they want to get followers, get "likes" and comments from people.Ssome girls will do everything in order to get more likes and more followers to validate themselves as cool people, if you dont believe what i am saying i invite you to go to instagram and search for "#likes4likes" you'll see how desesparate people can get for likes.

i believe "likes and followers" represent social value, the more likes you get, the more popular and cool you are. We already know that girls want to be around the cool guys.

So, having a strong social network game builds attraction and validates yourself as a cool guy without having to say a word. She'll want to hang out with you, shed kill to go with you to one of those crazy parties you took pictures and posted on twitter and instagram last week.

I did small experiment, i have this friend, he has 7k followers on instagram, when she notice that, she beginned to act different, right after she notice how cool his feed was and how many followers he had, she subcociently start acting like she was looking for validation from him, she start taking pics with him and posting them, she wanted to brag about hanging out with him in order to look cool.

So imagine what you could do if you had a strong social media game, you wouldnt ask for her number, youll ask her username and when she notices your feed. Boom. Instaed attraction.

What you post on social media is the way you think, what you do, with who hang out, etc

So if you keep your feed with, what your passionate about, your cool friends, pics with a cool backstory, awesome parties, fun stuff, you are already "selling" them the idea of how cool you are. I avoid posting unrelated stuff from what ive said before and it works for me

I repeat im 18 yo. Im pretty sure 25+ dont give a shit about social media. This is srictly my.opinion on the topic, feel free to comment. :D

Post subject: Re: Social Network
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:46 pm 
The Grand Puba

You make some very good points and what you are talking about is social proof. With English not being your primary language, you've put a good concept out there. Although social proof is not mandatory in pickup, it is an outstanding tool to have. Good post.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:54 pm 
Dedicated Member

I think the people whose profiles make the most impact are those who never post themselves but others are constantly posting on their behalf, sending them links, tagging them in photos etc. I know one guy like that (he's in a semi-famous band) and his profile looks really fucking cool because it just showcases how much other people are into him and want his attention. However anything else, even people who seem cool in real life start to seem tryhard when they're posting a lot of statuses. And IMO the question "what's on your mind?" that you see in the status bar is the last question a man should be willingly answering. It's not knowing that makes us fascinating. People should be wanting more of you not less and with every status you post you risk tipping the scales the wrong way. Guys who get lots of posts on their walls and don't much respond, it's actually being shown that people want more of them than they're currently getting. What could be better than that?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:10 pm 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
I think the people whose profiles make the most impact are those who never post themselves but others are constantly posting on their behalf, sending them links, tagging them in photos etc. I know one guy like that (he's in a semi-famous band) and his profile looks really fucking cool because it just showcases how much other people are into him and want his attention. However anything else, even people who seem cool in real life start to seem tryhard when they're posting a lot of statuses. And IMO the question "what's on your mind?" that you see in the status bar is the last question a man should be willingly answering. It's not knowing that makes us fascinating. People should be wanting more of you not less and with every status you post you risk tipping the scales the wrong way. Guys who get lots of posts on their walls and don't much respond, it's actually being shown that people want more of them than they're currently getting. What could be better than that?
I think you missed what OP's point was here. He's saying that the amount of followers is what generates interest. People posting on your behalf wouldn't be clear in the scenario that the OP presented. His insight is pretty spot on on this...not something that you need to be successful with women, but it would be a good tool.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:27 pm 
Dedicated Member

Can you explain how did that kid got 7k followers? The only people I've ever seen with that many followers have created some sort of brand around their name or exploit some loop hole or already are famous (relatively). I wholeheartedly agree though and you're dead on; being 28 I don't give a shit about social media - but every time I'm with someone around 20 they are glued to their social media crap unless their hands are on me!

Not even your standard pretty girl will get up that high easily... If I were self employed and driving a lambo I'm sure I could get close to that, but then again for the avg person, is that realistic?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:43 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Getting followers involves hard work;

my friend is good looking, he follows every trend, cloth trend, photography trends, he started building his account by hanging out and being tagged in the pics of the cool dudes, he gave his instagram acc instaed of his phone number, he gets a lot of comments from her girl friends.

its a science actually haha.

i agree with the statement "less is more" i keep my instagram account that way. neat and clean, i just sell my image as "a cool, passionate, travelling, worryless" dude.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:10 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
Didn't read the original post but this ^^ is spot on. Very well said.