I did this by accident

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

Post subject: I did this by accident
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:11 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Yahoo Messenger: david_quintana1984
Ok I was really shy cuz the way I talk. My accent and not being from anywhere really (my family moved every 2 years). But when I turn 18 I had to change. I end up having to get a job as a newspaper salesman in a food store. So I had to say hi and try to sell the paper to everyone who walk in. To tell you the true that's what did it for me. I made no real money on the 4 months I did that. But the leasons I learn where invaluable. So what can U do. Go to your local store and start saying Hi to every single person U see. Talk to the ones who stop to talk to you and after a week of this U will have no problem with approaching.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:19 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

AOL: beaner+republic
thats really one of mysterys methods.. but ya it does work... i used to do it in malls and stuff... and i really didnt thk sayin hi to HBs can actually start good conversations.. until it worked.. so yeah.. sayin hi definately helps ur shyness

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:44 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I'd have to disagree w/ it a bit. I worked in customer service for a video store and a retail store. At the video store, we made sure to say hi to everyone. At the retail store we like to shoot the shit w/ some of the customers.

It's fine and dandy for old women and men, but when a HB comes up, it's a bit harder. It might be easy because you are basically forced to do it, once you're out on the streets it's a different game.

If your method was true, then I would never have approach anxiety, as well with many other men that work in customer service.