just something i noticed...

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:07 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Okay, I do men's gymnastics... (here is a link if you wanna see me in action http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... D=21536022 feel free to comment as you wish but I don't really care... anyway... ) Part of the sport is dealing with fear on a regular basis. Doing tricks that you aren't comfortable makes it really hard to do a new trick for the first time. However, after doing the trick the first time, it is so easy to do it the second time and so forth. My point is, is that once momentum occurs, it is so easy to repeat the trick. However there is downside to this when I wait a week or so without training the skill and it causes me to go back into "fear-mode" and I need to go through that "first-time" feeling again. I think this is true with picking up women as well. You may be feeling great on a saturday night because you just opened your first set, you approach women and all is well. But if you wait to long and do not continue to keep "training" your social skills, you begin to fade back to your original feelings.

The point I'm trying to make is:
Once you get some momentum...don't stop. You do not want to fall back into the same pit you were in before...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:38 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Excellent point. Keep working on your game regularly. Small steps every day add up fast.

Thanks for posting this.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:07 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Okay, I do men's gymnastics... (here is a link if you wanna see me in action http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... D=21536022 feel free to comment as you wish but I don't really care... anyway... ) Part of the sport is dealing with fear on a regular basis. Doing tricks that you aren't comfortable makes it really hard to do a new trick for the first time. However, after doing the trick the first time, it is so easy to do it the second time and so forth. My point is, is that once momentum occurs, it is so easy to repeat the trick. However there is downside to this when I wait a week or so without training the skill and it causes me to go back into "fear-mode" and I need to go through that "first-time" feeling again. I think this is true with picking up women as well. You may be feeling great on a saturday night because you just opened your first set, you approach women and all is well. But if you wait to long and do not continue to keep "training" your social skills, you begin to fade back to your original feelings.

The point I'm trying to make is:
Once you get some momentum...don't stop. You do not want to fall back into the same pit you were in before...
Good point and mindset. Not really the best but definitely an empowering one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:08 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

AOL: PaperChas6
Keep gaming guys. I had a realization myself today...I texted a girl last night I number closed a couple days ago. When she wrote back she said "Hey cutie blah blah blah". It always feels good to hear that. BUT WAIT! I realized something. The good feeling should never ever ever ever come from a girls or anyone elses validation. True self confidence, self worth, and self appreciation come from one person, yourself. The minute you give that away you are no longer a PUA. You become just another AFC. Don't just read it, live it! Keep sarging!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:28 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Keep gaming guys. I had a realization myself today...I texted a girl last night I number closed a couple days ago. When she wrote back she said "Hey cutie blah blah blah". It always feels good to hear that. BUT WAIT! I realized something. The good feeling should never ever ever ever come from a girls or anyone elses validation. True self confidence, self worth, and self appreciation come from one person, yourself. The minute you give that away you are no longer a PUA. You become just another AFC. Don't just read it, live it! Keep sarging!
I think you're taking things a little too serious here. Of course your own self esteem should be all the validation you NEED... but that doesn't mean you can't allow yourself to feel good about a girl showing IOI. It's like getting a nice ornament for your birthday or something. You don't NEED it in any way, but it looks pretty, and it feels nice to know somebody thought of you. You get my point? It's perfectly fine to feel good about compliments, as long as you don't NEED them to feel good about yourself in general.

And shouldn't gaming be about having fun? I think so anyway. Having fun and living your life as you choose! :)

Also, gathering energy from all the small things in life and PU (like a compliment, a smile, a look, a warm handshake, a hug and so on) is a great way of keeping your momentum up, even if you're not actively sarging at the moment.