Took a huge step forward today...

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:08 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Ok well my biggest sticking point has to be my in-ability to open HBs during the day. Everytime I see a girl I want to approach I usually get stricken with my AA and cant muster any courage to open.

Today I took a major step in the right direction. I was at the supermarket getting some grocercies. Once I was ready to pay for my groceries I looked at all the lines and noticed one with an HB7 at the till. So I entered the line and while I was waiting for my turn I was trying to think of something clever to say, and in the process I felt my AA about to kick in because everything that was coming to my mind felt stupid. So just before it was about to be my turn I just thought to myself in my head (in the words of the boxer Floyd Mayweather) "Step yo game up!"

So when it was my turn I just said fuck it, and just tried my best to make some small talk. I said "Hey hows it going today?" and just something as simple as that opened her right up. I had a solid convo with her the whole time she was scanning my groceries, and at one point when I drew a blank and couldnt think of anything to say, she re-initiated the convo which seemed like an IOI. I wouldve gone for the # close if I had more time, but due to the time constraints it wouldve been premature.

Overall though I was extremely happy with this huge step I took. From now on, if I feel the AA coming on, Im just gonna say to myself "Step yo game up!" And hopefully it'll help in the future like it did today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:50 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

good going dude

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:47 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

nice work man keep it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:43 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Nice going there man, i might try sayin "step yo game up!" see if that helps :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:56 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

well done mate! keep it up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:38 am 
New to MPUA Forum

AOL: Ashysda1
nice man .. even with such a small window try to go for the # close .. but if you know youll see her again.. you will already have the rapport and shell recognize you and give u the number for sure the 2nd time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:29 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

sounds good, i'll have to try it

i have the exact same issue