YOUR SOCIAL ANXIETY IS NOT REAL

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:57 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey Mario here,

I know how it feels, ive been there.
You hear a group of people laughing and you thinks is about you,you make eye contact and then immediately look away feeling embarrassed.
Sometime your body shakes,you sweat ,and then you can feel how your voice is affected and change the way it sounds.

But guess what? IS NOT FUCKING REAL
Nothing bad is happening in reality, nobody is looking at you, nobody is laughing at you.
Is just in your imagination.

In reality there’s been moments that you are not anxious i can guarantee that.
Sometimes you feel like everything clicks , when you have a conversation with people, girls, etc. They are laughing, everyone is having a good time.
And guess why is that?
You are not believing the stories in your head ,you are not following your thoughts and you are completely in that moment enjoying the conversation, therefore,at that very moment your social anxiety is non existent.

If you can be anxious and not anxious at some moments, which one are you ? You are neither. Anxiety is not a fact, you can be in room full of people and most likely you are the only one worrying about social anxiety. So if everyone else is not feeling the “social anxiety”. That my friend, is the definition of imaginary.
If an earthquake is happening, everyone will feel it, isn't true? Thats because is a FACT is actually happening

I want you to try this, write down every story that you have about yourself
I'm ugly/smart/stupid/boring/funny whatever it is for you .
Then ask this question im i (insert story here) 100% of the time? If not, how do i know thats a fact ?
And then , write down a reason as to why the opposite of what you think you are could be true ,example: i believe im stupid. Opposite reason: ive been told that im smart, or i passed a hard test,etc.

Hopefully this helps!

Tell me how you feel in the comments. If you have any question feel free to send me a message

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:10 am 
Dedicated Member

Social anxiety is all in your head as well as complete opposite such as "social arrogance". When you pre-judge how others are compared to you are, whether you feel like they are judging you as inferior or you have a deluded sense of pride and think you're better than anyone else, they are both subjective realties. The most useful and efficient use of your energy is to go in any situation without judgement and people will feel this natural calm confidence about you and you will also be more charismatic because you are at east and don't judge anyone.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:43 am 
PUA Forum Leader

The key as always is to start speaking with people. Gets you in to the flow of sociability.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:48 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Social anxiety is very real. The problem is the distorted reality the guy who suffers from it deals with. I agree - people have better things to do than pay attention to a stranger - yet when I had low self-esteem/social anxiety I thought everyone was looking at me and judging me. If I had a pimple I thought everyone was staring at it, disgusted. Hell, not even a pimple - a blemish from a pimple that was there last week.

It's similar to the skinny anorexic woman who thinks she's disgusting and overweight. It's ALL ABOUT PERCEPTION.

As I gained confidence I realized I was the problem - the liar to myself. And it's funny - I just responded to an e-mail from a guy who wanted to know how important looks are when it comes to getting women. And I told him about how much I used to hate the way my nose looked and now I love and appreciate my nose. Not only does it help me breathe fresh air :-) but it's unique.

I look back at the things that bothered - no - socially impeded me - and I feel like I'm feeling those feelings from a different person. I know why I felt those feelings and it amazes me I believed such lies about myself. The struggle is real and I want any guy who suffers from it to know you can conquer immense social anxiety.