And I'm back

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

Post subject: And I'm back
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:02 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Well, I've heard of this forum like a year ago and decided to look around regularly to improve.

I've got a Journal going on Field Reports So I won't go into too many details here.
The fact is that I had to go away....I was studying a lot trying to get some stuff done, now I found a job in a dream career I worked a lot to get into, after so much studying and exams, it had me so caught up I had to let the forum and all of this slip through.

Well, now I have a job, I work according to schedules and undetermined amount of time, I love it badly but I have limited time available to socializing with friends. We're all people in our early 20's getting freshly out of college and finding our first jobs and stuff. So since that I've been trying to get myself ( yet to no success) to meet new people.

The thing is, I can do every single talk or anything when it is up to my job, but outside of it, when its lets say, bar time (not much of a fan of noisy dance clubs anymore) I catch myself just observing the environment and listening to people with very little inputs on whatever subject.
I do recognize how good it is that I'm a good listener and stuff, but I know its time I get more talkative with people and sure, girls.

The fact is, when I'm at my job, I'm a master at it, away from it, I'm small talk quiet king.
What to do?

Post subject: Re: And I'm back
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:05 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Focus on taking every opportunity to express yourself. You'll feel uncomfortable doing this at first, but it will train you to speak your mind freely.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:31 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:56 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Check out Gambler's you tube video, books, cd's etc. He's actually an introvert.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:19 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I did already! everything seems to work so well, but he's been doing it for so long, I wouldn't even know where to start