Help a Born Again Virgin

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

Post subject: Help a Born Again Virgin
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:19 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Boy do I need help. Was in a long term relationship that ended 10 years ago. Have never ever picked up a girl whilst in a sober state. Not just now but also prior to getting married. Always waited to be picked up and even then would need to be drunk before making any physical contact. I travel every year staying at hostels and in the past have found myself in the presence of women after sobering up. Funny thing is that they tend to be extremely attractive girls. I don’t know how I do it no more than can I understand why they would even consider getting on with someone who is so drunk that he has blacked out. Recently overseas a 20 year old tried to pick me up. She kept repeating that she liked older men. Of course I didn’t do anything not only because of the age gap and the fact that I have an 18 year old son but also because I felt I wasn’t drunk enough. Move forward to last weekend. I had some drinks before going out. I met a girl with whom I was more than interested in. We made out and she was all but pleading with me to go home with her. The problem was that I was sobering up and became stand offish saying I was tired and wanted to go home. Alone.

Yes, I am kicking myself. No, I do not have a drinking problem. Well at least not when at home. I only drink 2 or 3 times a year and only before going out if I want to pick up. Of course when travelling all bets are off and will drink most nights. I do want to pick up women. I do not want to rely on alcohol for Dutch courage. I admit I consider myself unattractive and extremely shy and realise there may be problems that no counsellor has been able to assist me with. This brings me here in search of suggestions. I desperately want to get over this approach anxiety and as a result reliant on alcohol to talk to women. It’s been that long since I have had sex when not travelling that I do feel like a born again virgin. Help!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:59 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Go to Franktalks.com