Failure Anxiety

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

Post subject: Failure Anxiety
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:40 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

She is so unbelievably hot! She is exactly you type in every way. You see her ordering a drink and the bar, and all you can think about is how much you want to meet her. The excitement that fills your stomach and makes your heart race, suddenly transforms itself into abject terror. Your breathing becomes shallow and your body stiffens uncontrolably. You mind then calmly explains to you why this woman is an an untouchable goddess and how you are an ugly, horny, loser. You don't want to believe your mind, but you are afraid that if you approach and are rejected, that your negative thoughts were correct. You are a loser now and always will be. This increasingly toxic train of thoughts eventually freezes you dead in your tracks, and the simple thought of approaching nearly reduces you to tears. You turn back to your friends and sip your beer to regain the comfort you lost in that stressful twenty seconds.

Most men grow petrified of approaching entirely because of this horrific mental nightmare that they put themselves through every time they consider approaching a woman. They are under the impression that each approach is a dice roll on which they are wagering the entire value of their person! Chances of success with this mentality are very close to zero. So how do you fix it? You completely reframe your concept of success and failure.

This mind frame helped turn my game around and get me out of a major approach rut. Ready for an radical idea? Here it is. SUCCESS AND FAILURE ARE THE EXACT SAME THING! Both are the result of TRYING! Does history ever remember the losers? Do human being ever revere those who tried and didn't succeed? OF COURSE THEY DO! Take for example Hannibal Barca. There were more statues of this man in Rome than of any of their own generals. Hannibal didn't succeed in conquering Rome. He ultimately failed, was forced in exile, and killed himself. To this day, he is celebrated an renowed as one of the finest generals who ever lived! The Spartans who lost horribly at Thermopylae certainly didn't succeed at protecting Greece from the advancing Persian army, but we still honor them in movies and books. Some of the greatest people to ever walk the earth are considered great simply because they were willing make an attempt!

The best advice I can give you is, BE YOUR OWN HERO. Everytime you approach, you take a step towards greatness. Thinking this way allowed me the freedom to look at PUA as a skill and not an assessment of my worth as a human being. Gives this frame shot and start meeting people. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:23 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Lol a history students take on AA / FA.

Love it, u have earned the name Augustus!

keruli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:23 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I accept the title of Augustus Pater Patriae. Glad you liked the post. There are many more coming.