Overcoming Approach Anxiety

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:06 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Wow, talking to strangers, it goes against everything I have ever learned as a kid.

As far as sarging guys goes (in a heterosexual way) it is the best thing you can do while not sarging girls. The more friends you have, the bigger your entourage the more social value you have. I was a bartender for 5 years and that staus alone got me laid and attention for girls with little/no effort. You dont have to help them move or even become their friends...they are just casual aquaintences you shoot the shit with when you have nothing better to do. Stop being so goddamn anti-social and brooding all the time!! (that last comment was directed at myself)
'Sarge' the same guys who used to bully you or laugh at you? This makes me sick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:54 am 
New to MPUA Forum

That is one hell of a great post! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:12 am 
New to MPUA Forum

It is wery helpful if you force motivation out of your friends (AFC's)

Last friday we were out,
My intension was sarging afcource, but I needed motivation, just a little more, than I had.
A topic went to women
My friend said, let's go to another location, where is my ex, and you also know some women there
I said: Why do you want to go there, there is plenty of chiks heere, all you hawe to do it go there
he said: well go then, if you think so
I standed up, and said: You think I can't ? And just went and opened 3 set's, the last one with a k-close

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:53 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Yo great topic! Damage i feel you homie. this post is a great insperation!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:41 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Thanks for the tips XFman,

I'm starting this tomorrow, will keep ya'll posted on my progress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:18 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I use to have some real approach anxiety. and still do at times. but the best way to overcome it that i've found, other than some self-talk. is a wingman. preferably someone you know fairly well, so that they are comfortable criticizing you, and you're comfortable receiving criticism from them. but i'd tell him every time i thought about opening and which routine would work best, and so on. and he'd hold me to it.

theres nothing quite like support.

Also, when we'd bring out other friends. AFC friends. they'd be skeptical of the whole theory of a PUA, and the desire to prove them wrong is enough motivation to put me at the top of my game.

good luck fellas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:21 am 
New to MPUA Forum

extremely good post. helped me get over AA. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:25 am 
New to MPUA Forum

sounds like a good idea i can see that it would probably work i think ill give it a try wish me luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:43 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Thanks alot for the posts, they really do help people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:10 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

great thread, I just finished reading and I think this is going to have a huge impact in my behavior with women.

I was being the victim of AA without even knowing about it. The good thing about this forum is that it helps me understand better the way my brain and my own inhibitions and social filters work, and what to do about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:12 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Yeah Mate nice Advice I would Add this tips for the guys thar are VERY SHY:

* First off all Keep in mind this, u can not run if dont know how to walk
What i mean is that if u ´r feeling ver Anxios with girls, if u got somethin like Gril-o-fobia u can not sarge, so dont try to game girls if u can not talk to them, the main point about these is that U need to force Ur self to talk to Girls about anything But dont try to game them until u r feeling ok with girls.

Cheers MATes[/list]
Very wise and sensible advice. I think many shy guys could impede their progress by jumping straight into that cold-blooded Style/Mystery stuff. You must master each level one at a time. I was/am painfully 'shy' and I just started making myself take every opportunity to chat to women about anything. And over time, I'm beginning to flirt a little here, get my devilish grin going there and I can even see the momentum building that will eventually have me go onto the next level. Its a skill like any other in life. Practice practice practice! You will rewire and recondition your being with constant repetition. Praise yourself and recognise small gains and remember progress isnt straight up like a rocket but has peaks and valleys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:40 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

ive found that what the other guys say about talking to strangers to overcome AA works the other way around - 2 days ago, i found i was much more comfortable talking to random strangers:shop assistants, people(i asked a random guy about headphones and we had a huge convo about it) etc...
people dont lie when they say theres nothing that is as useful to ur game than just good old fashioned experience. its alot easier in ur mind. when the words actually come out of ur mouth things get a little wierd for a while but u break through that within minuites(maybe even after ur first attempt)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:35 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Went to a street near my house full of shops, coffee shops, etc.. Gave 3 Hello's. Think that step by step I'm killing AA!

My errors: my voice didn't sound as i wanted, my smile while giving the hello was kinda week, i should have made the "hello's" before they were too much close.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:28 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Should my Hellos be Manly and strong or Highpitched in a friendly way?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:19 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Should my Hellos be Manly and strong or Highpitched in a friendly way?
A combination of both should get the job done. You don't want to come off as threatening but at the same time you want them to know "Shows over here". Manly AND Friendly.