An important realization

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

Post subject: An important realization
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:35 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I am going to tell you right now that my experience in the field is nowhere near where I want it to be. BUT, I have learned something that will put your mind at ease when you are still trying to overcome the initial stages of fear. Many times, a man will look at a woman and think that she is too beautiful to be approached and that she is probably not a nice person anyways. From my recent experiences, I found that that mindset is your brain lying to you. Many women enjoy being approached. They genuinely do (unless the ones I've met are great actors). As long as you seem like an agreeable person to be around they can pretty easily warm up to you.

From my perspective, it seems that the only barrier that is present when you approach a woman usually isn't from her -- its the one you create around yourself from doubts and fears.

Well, thats my two cents for this topic. I would appreciate comments and feedback on the things I missed or on other perspectives. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:40 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I think so too. My opinion is that the step to overcome the initial stages of fear is so uncertain that I haven't much self confidence --> So I don't risk this simple step! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:37 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

When I see a group of hot women or even just 1 hb, it always seems like she has this closed off aura or a wall around her. It's like they have a big "f*ck off" sign attached to their foreheads. I'm looking into NLP and stuff for the answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:40 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

AOL: SpectrumIMT
Quote:
When I see a group of hot women or even just 1 hb, it always seems like she has this closed off aura or a wall around her. It's like they have a big "f*ck off" sign attached to their foreheads. I'm looking into NLP and stuff for the answer.
The "power corrupts" theory springs to mind. It seems believable to me that an exceptionally hot girl would be evil, because she has the power to pick and choose from guys as she sees fit. She might very well be contemptuous of people, seeing them as inferior, unless they do something special to "earn" her respect.

I have also heard some sources claim that many PUAs are real jerks as well...

(Note that all of the above is speculation and hearsay, not based on empirical research.)

Post subject: Hot women
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:24 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

llllllllllll

Last edited by stag hound on Sat May 06, 2006 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:01 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

As Mystery says, don't look at the end its a game .....
Its like an arcade game if you mess up eject and start again, you have as many lives as you want. You WILL have learnt something, just keep opening sets untill you don't have to think what about what your saying. If you mess up eject never try and recover the situation .....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:21 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

yeah thats right but to overcome the anxiety for the evening you have to wartm up on a set that doesnt matter...
every evening i go out for sarging i am first very scared but after 1 or 2 approaches you get into the game and there is no fear..

my experience.-

plan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:24 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
yeah thats right but to overcome the anxiety for the evening you have to wartm up on a set that doesnt matter...
every evening i go out for sarging i am first very scared but after 1 or 2 approaches you get into the game and there is no fear..

my experience.-

plan
absolutely right

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:30 am 
New to MPUA Forum

i definitely agree. What i usually do before i go out for a night, is warm up with a female friend of mine, just calling her up seeing how she is and just having general chit chat, it really puts me in the mood to face anything. You could possibly call a female friend that you havnt seen in a while which may be slightly awkard to talk to. if that all goes well which it always does because shes still your friend, the confidence boost should be there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:19 pm 
It doesn't matter what level you are if you talk to 10+ females every night you go out you'll have practiced all the necessary skills and even develop new topics to talk about and get in mood of approach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:17 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Ok..I´ve been reading this topic and all the opinions and I feel the time has come to put my 5 cents in.

First of all: Approach fear is genetically hardwired into our male brains. This is something that can only be overcome by practice. Like already observed in one of the posts above, it´s like a X-box game. When you crash, reset and play again. When doing this enough times you will eventually build up enough skill to advance to the next level.

As for the "aura" a HB seems to give off I suggest you read Mystery chapter about negging. This aura is called her Bitch Shield and it protects her from being approached by all those guys that she´s not going to have sex with anyway. This is also explained in Mystery negging chapter.
She knows she is hot and therefor has high replication value to men. She has to be careful and picky who she will allow to approach her.
An experienced PUA will know this and come in under her radar. With HB´s there´s one cardinal rule and that is never to comment on her looks! The moment you comment her on her beauty, she will blow you out of the water!

And furthermore just this: HB´s are NOT evil bitches. It´s a facade they erect to protect themselves. Underneath they are just as insecure and self-conscious as you and I.

Smoke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:42 am 
New to MPUA Forum

really good entry, thanks

Post subject: HELP
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:50 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Firstly sorry if this is in the wrong section but today I hit my first problem for ages and just had to post.

Okay so here goes.
I was round my cousins today and in walks his really really gorgeous friend who i havent seen for about four years she's now 20 i think and has grown in to a HB10 so far so good.
I remember sitting on the couch thinking I'm really going to enjoy this so I waited till my cousin went to get drinks and moved in with my simple card trick opener then I was going to move on to my drink winning trick if she started whining to see more. So i started doing my opener, pick card, shuffle pack, blah, blah, blah wow look the card has mysteriously jumped in to my pocket, so far so good also HB10 is suitably amazed with a thats cool or whatever she said, of course I did the quick I'm not a performing monkey thing when she asked for more, again dont remember exactly what I said but it was along those lines anyway. SO after letting her beg for a bit i did my if you can pull the card out from under the coin on my finger without the coin moving routine. Now normally I bet a HB a drink or similar but obviously that wasnt appropirate here so because I was getting some good IOI's I went straight in and said If you can do this next trick I will let you sleep with me obviously she started laughing then said no way so i went to put the card back in my pocket along with the coin, Again so far so good as she then said no please let me try, show me please blah blah blah so obviously i started teasing her saying so you do want to sleep with me and the usual crap for a bit.
anyway this is the problem As I was setting the card on the tip of my finger with the coin on top my hand started uncontrollably shaking and I mean really really shaking so i started again recomposed myself and tried again but for some reason my hand wouldnt stop shaking. All in all I must have been sat there for about 10 minutes trying to get my hand to stop shaking to do the trick. In the end she ended up breaking this huge long silence that had opened up and went to see where my cousin was with the drinks, after she left my cousin then asked me what the hell i was doing as apparently she walked in the kitchen and told him that his weird friend needs to check in to a clinic and get himself treated and not to invite her round if i was there again as i was a bit creepy.
Apparently she is a nurse at the A & E deppartment at hospital and thought I was an alcoholic who hadnt had a drink and had gotten the shakes because of it.
Now does anybody know WTF happened to me?
I love this routine its my favourite opener and i use it all the time with no problems. so what happened? Has this happened to anybody else?

Here's a challenge I know your all going to tell me its dead and burried with this girl but has anyone out there done something similar and actually managed to recover the situation next time you saw her. If so How?

Sorry about the long post guys and the disjointed writing but i just had to get it down while i could remember it I know I've gone on a bit but I felt like such an AFC today, I am so far past all the nervous crap normally but today was a right kick in the nuts It was like I had gone back in time 2 years to when I did my 1st approaches.
HELP

Regards
AFC Stag

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:06 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Stag,

Don´t let this incident get to you too much. Learn and move on. For what it´s worth here´s my view of what might have happened. When you showed the HB your first trick, she was part of the interaction by picking a card from the deck. (Also, when you shuffle the deck you usually use both hands.)
Then you negged her by telling her you´re not a performance monkey when she wanted you to show her a new trick. So far so good!
Perhaps you waited too long b4 showing her the cointrick. This allows for an anxiety build-up given the fact that she was an HB10. When you performed the coin trick all her attention was focused on you, and possibly all that attention made you nervous. Most likely your unconscious was saying "don´t fuck this up, cuz you´ll look like a loser" A self fulfilling prophecy. This is all assumption on my part though, but possibly this is what happened.
Again, don´t fret about it....it´ll all work out.

cheers
Smoke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:56 am 
You know i faced the exact same situation, uncontollable shaking hands.
And as you know its pretty bloody embarrasing.
I was doing a pick up, and can you believe, the chica asked for my number, she hands me her cell, i take it and start punching the digits with my thumbs, but my hand went "LOCO" at that point, so i tried my very best pressing the save button on the phone at the end, but it just woudnt click.
After about a very 'long' 30 secs, she just snatches the phone from me and says i'll do it, and leaves to follow her friends.
No suprises i didnt get the call back XD
but i thouht, who gives a shit, Yeah i think this happens because we subconsiously put too much importance on that particular interaction, WHich is a BIG NO NO, guys should be thinking like "da da la la plenty of others after youuuuu"
so i'll keep that in mind from now on, you should too :)