Covering up a poor/nonexistent social circle

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:31 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hi all,

Long story short:

What are best methods/excuses to delay knowledge of, draw attention away from, or lessen the damage caused by my having no social network? Concrete examples rather than generalized statements would be awesome.

Long story:

I should summarize outright in one enormous throat-clearing disclaimer that I am not avoiding the issue here: growing a social network is priority numero uno. I also like women and want to do what I can to have success in the meantime. Hence the thread title/topic. I'm in a good profession, intelligent, have and appreciate good fashion, am decently attractive and have good text/online/first date attraction skills. So the excuses for my social circle being nonexistent since moving to the city five years ago after college grad are pretty poor and are summarized by simple habitual asocial behavior; I've become unusually complacent with a number of solitary hobbies the only exception to which being chess night, which isn't an especially good place to meet socialites. What relationships I've had were just enough to keep me moderately satisfied, what I could get through OLD and lucky numbers I picked up. Just a game of sheer numbers after studying good forums like this one. Unsurprisingly, the topic of my lack of social circle is hard to toe around and limits my dating possibilities. So I'm not avoiding the issue here, but it is another subject.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:35 am 
Dedicated Member

The most obvious answer to me is simply lie. As you seem to be aware yourself, the best and only good solution is to actually improve your social circles. I see no reason for you to have to discuss this with girls in the meantime though. Just say you're busy on Wednesday night because you are playing poker with the lads or you're visiting an art gallery with your nude drawing class, whatever. Even if you're actually sat at home eating popcorn watching a girly film haha, how is she going to know?!

But if you take active steps to improve your social circle, then the problem won't take long to sort itself out. The more you do stuff, the more you can invite girls along to etc. etc. or the more you are actually doing. It doesn't take much to go and find some events to attend - you could have a pretty full diary for the next few weeks within the next 20 minutes if you really wanted to, just by checking events pages online and stuff like that. You make friends there, and it all snowballs, your social circles are instantly improved.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:14 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Yea, you basically just lie and exaggerate. If you only have ONE friend, make sure she see's you out with him. Have him meet you somewhere. Get on your phone in front of her and call someone or pretend to text people. Talk about social events you either have been to already or plan on going to.

I hooked up with this chick once and I always acted like I had plans or that my schedule was jam packed. But I was living alone, had virtually no friends in my city, and had nothing going on besides my 9 to 5 job. She was like "Why are you always so busy all the time?!" I wasn't, but I wanted to make it seem like I was so she would ask that exact question. It's amazing how effective it can be.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:02 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Other than lying, you can act like you're a cocky self-centered asshole who has no time for other people in his life because he's too busy pursuing his dreams.

That's what I did back when I was a recluse trying to start my own business. I approached a few attractive girls, text gamed them, had them want to come to MY place, and they were addicted to me.

Be the prize, have them chasing you, and it doesn't matter if you have no friends, they'll work so hard trying to convince YOU that they're worthy of you that they won't take a second to consider whether you're worthy for THEM.

LimitlessAlpha.com

If you're one of those guys who reads countless pick-up material yet still has some trouble meeting and seducing women, because of AA or fear of rejection or whatever, this'll fix you up.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:38 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Good advice from everyone. I would also just avoid the topic. It's not unavoidable.. just be in the present moment with who ever you're hanging out with and they'll enjoy your presence so much they'll just assume you have a lot of friends

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:43 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hmm.... what a load of bull... Don't lie about your friend circle. Get a friend circle.

What you have asa problem is a lack of friends. Join some clubs, and by that i dont mean crap like Chess... I love chess but its not the place i would go to meet outgoing people that want to go pickup women or are going to have hot women friends.

I used to work as a ski instructor, which was great for interacting with people and picking up hot women. It gave me a job I could proudly say i did, it gave me a group of attractive friends, it put my into positions of responsibility and it gave me an excuse to do fitness which made me look even better naked. I haven't taught in years but I'm thinking of going back to it.

Another thing you can do, is you can join your countries Army Reserve (national guard). You'll meet loads of confident fitness guys and you pretty much get dragged along to all the events. I'm part of the UK one and thats where I have a lot of my friends from. After being in it for 10 years I'm now regularly incharge of people, which when i go out drinking with the guys instantly makes me the Alpha male of the group and means that women that i take along are impressed.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:37 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

i don't really have much of a social circle either, i've only been living in my city for about a year though. it doesn't really come up that much, i've never heard a girl say "so, what's your social circle like?"
you could lie, but lying is for pussies.
learn guitar and start a band. you now have 2-4 instant buddies (maybe even a chick bassist). book some shows with similar bands, now you have an additional 3-5 buddies. play the show, get some fans. that's another 3-100 buddies right there.

WARNING: i have a sick mind...
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... dI-kuvLf2G