A benchmark to out-alpha

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

Post subject: A benchmark to out-alpha
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:13 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

More and more, I have realised that being a good PUA is like being good at anything else. It is all about your inner game. Totally, nothing else counts. So I've been working a lot more on being the alpha male in any group, and I've set myself a bench mark.

This guy is a Rhodes scholar, he's good looking, tall, but not big - lithe is probably how he'd be described. He's clearly pretty bloody smart, but he's also really fit. He's quite religious. He naturally commands any conversational group or situation he is in, and he does it with seeming ease. He's loud and he smiles and laughs a lot.

My goal is to be able to consistently out-alpha him. All the time. Because if I can do this I will be alpha to anyone. I'm writing this here because you guys might have tips on how to establish dominance, but also because this way I'm committing myself to it.

Here's what I've noticed/found so far. The stories he tells, even if they reflect badly on him, don't. E.g. a recent one showed him being dumb and getting stolen from - but it mainly just showed his compassion and how he's a really nice guy.

He always comes in and talks boisterously and confidently about his day whenever he enters the room. There is always something that has happened to his day that he turns into a story. This is a habit I don't have, I don't pay enough attention to my life and how it might interest other people. He's also very good at spinning these stories on and on and on. He's a natural conversationalist.

Do you guys have any other tips/suggestions on becoming *the* alpha male?
P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:44 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

What is your definition of an Alpha male? I know but I want to know what you think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:12 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
What is your definition of an Alpha male? I know but I want to know what you think.
I've been thinking about this a bit actually over the last couple of days, and to me it's more than just straight out dominance. Straight out dominance can be lonely and you don't always have to be the one in charge to be noticed/important/worthwhile.

So I guess I'd say that an alpha (as opposed to the alpha) is someone who's comfortable and confident in all social situations, who asserts dominance not constantly but appropriately, who doesn't turn every encounter into a fight for dominance but who also doesn't need to. I think that's the key feature: an alpha male doesn't have to fight for dominance, it just comes to them comfortably and easily. It's the old Zen story of if you're having to try then you cannot have...

That's not a very good definition, I might try to improve it with time.
P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:44 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Good view but here are a few notes of my own. Make sure your entire game is a facade, fake, or all an ego. Females can tell if you care what others think of you. Why? Well one obvious clue is your OVER ALPHANESS. In fact there is no such thing as over alphaness, it is an illusion. females will be able to tell if you are actively trying to show confidence. Any time you are trying to prove something to someone, you are seeking validation. That automatically puts you in the loser category. Follow your definition and be every buddies pal and have people want to know you and be with you and show that you are incredible secure with yourself. don't be jealous just be more confident. Hope this help and has made you think more deeply about it.

CA