Calm the Mind and Cure Headaches in 30 Seconds

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:28 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey guys! Here's a great technique I use to cure "anxiety headaches" both before performing my music and before I enter sets with new people. It helps me feel self-assured and peaceful. As an added bonus, it's easy to achieve and the results are fast.

Taken From: health.howstuffworks D O T c o m/diseases-conditions/pain/nerve/how-to-find-pressure-points.htm

(new users are not allowed to post full URLs)

Getting rid of headaches by applying slight force or pressure to certain pressure points is called acupressure. Acupressure is derived from the ancient Chinese healing method of acupuncture. Pressure points are clusters of nerves located at various points on the body, which help regulate blood circulation. Headaches -- especially those brought on by anxiety, the common cold or menstruation -- are caused by a tightness and stiffness in the neck and face muscles that inhibit blood circulation. Stimulating the pressure points by massaging them will help relax the tight muscles and increase blood circulation, thus relieving the headache [source: Scientific American].
Now, we'll learn where those points are and what to do. Get ready to say goodbye to your headache [source: Boyd]:
  • Locate your temples. They're on either side of your head about 1 inch (2.54 centimeters) behind your eyes. Place your thumbs on your temples and simultaneously massage them by gently rotating your thumbs in a counter-clockwise direction.

Place your thumbs at the back of your neck, on the base of your skull on the two sides of your spinal column. Tilt your head back a bit and press your thumbs in while pushing slightly upward.

Find the meaty part on the back of your hand. It is just above the webbing between the thumb and the index finger. Using your other thumb, squeeze the muscle by pressing down hard.

Using your index fingers, gently massage the inside ends of your eyebrows just above the bridge of your nose.

Find the place where your nostril meets your cheek. Massage each side with index and middle fingers.

Place your index finger between your big toe and your second toe. Move your finger up about 1 inch (2.54 centimeters) to where the bones of your toes meet the inside of your foot. Press that point straight down.
Articles recommend 30 seconds to a minute per pressure point, but you can achieve fast results with 10 seconds on each zone. The hand, temples, and forehead pressure points are the strongest. Good luck, and get back to me with the results!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:32 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Any feedback? I want to know how useful this is for others.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:59 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

well, I just spent a minute massaging my face like you said and my head does feel a bit better. the problem is, im sure doing this may cause acne in some people, (rubbing your face with your hands)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:03 pm 
The Coach

Quote:
Hey guys! Here's a great technique I use to cure "anxiety headaches" both before performing my music and before I enter sets with new people. It helps me feel self-assured and peaceful. As an added bonus, it's easy to achieve and the results are fast.

Taken From: health.howstuffworks D O T c o m/diseases-conditions/pain/nerve/how-to-find-pressure-points.htm

Getting rid of headaches by applying slight force or pressure to certain pressure points is called acupressure. Acupressure is derived from the ancient Chinese healing method of acupuncture. Pressure points are clusters of nerves located at various points on the body, which help regulate blood circulation. Headaches -- especially those brought on by anxiety, the common cold or menstruation -- are caused by a tightness and stiffness in the neck and face muscles that inhibit blood circulation. Stimulating the pressure points by massaging them will help relax the tight muscles and increase blood circulation, thus relieving the headache [source: Scientific American].
Now, we'll learn where those points are and what to do. Get ready to say goodbye to your headache [source: Boyd]:
  • Locate your temples. They're on either side of your head about 1 inch (2.54 centimeters) behind your eyes. Place your thumbs on your temples and simultaneously massage them by gently rotating your thumbs in a counter-clockwise direction.

Place your thumbs at the back of your neck, on the base of your skull on the two sides of your spinal column. Tilt your head back a bit and press your thumbs in while pushing slightly upward.

Find the meaty part on the back of your hand. It is just above the webbing between the thumb and the index finger. Using your other thumb, squeeze the muscle by pressing down hard.

Using your index fingers, gently massage the inside ends of your eyebrows just above the bridge of your nose.

Find the place where your nostril meets your cheek. Massage each side with index and middle fingers.

Place your index finger between your big toe and your second toe. Move your finger up about 1 inch (2.54 centimeters) to where the bones of your toes meet the inside of your foot. Press that point straight down.
Articles recommend 30 seconds to a minute per pressure point, but you can achieve fast results with 10 seconds on each zone. The hand, temples, and forehead pressure points are the strongest. Good luck, and get back to me with the results!

I've heard about all that... But you do all of that before you go talk to a group of people? lol that would most likely stale out the set because you would be lurking, massaging yourself, before you approach.

Bang out like 20 push ups in the parking lot before you enter the venue. Gets your blood flowing the right way.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:42 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:

Locate your temples. They're on either side of your head about 1 inch (2.54 centimeters) behind your eyes. Place your thumbs on your temples and simultaneously massage them by gently rotating your thumbs in a counter-clockwise direction.

I have had chronic sinusitis for the last 9 months and after doing this I can feel a massive difference in the tension in my face, far better than any ibuprofen has managed. I could see myself using this in a club toilet as way to help me re-focus.

Cheers

--If you are not giving, you are not living--