Anxiety is the root of all the worlds problems, seriously

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:32 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

The title pretty much says it all. I used to have so much anxiety, like completely uncalled for anxiety when speaking to females. For years I would go out with my friends, girls would hit on me quite a bit, and the anxiety prevented me from even making a decent introduction sometimes.

I think the anxiety could be a bit genetic(stupid cop out) or just habits I picked up as a child for not wanting to deal with a situation. Sometimes I think its the over thinking of things that causes this. I can literally be stupid drunk and sometimes be like "did I shut my windows , it might rain?". In reality this is not good. I think this also stems from me being a computer programmer( not the geeky type, don't get any images in your head). We break down problems in a very careful manner and everything has to fit together perfectly to get the required result. Luckily I got into some great situations where I'm not a programmer anymore, and now I have some really nice financial freedom to allow me to explore life more.

I'm 25 years old, from 20-25 i did not even do as much as kiss a girl. I became obsessed with work, the lack of social contact very well could have made me a bit shy. (increasing anxiety). I would still go out to nightclubs and stuff with friends, but I never pursued, even the girls who came on to me. I once got talked into going back to this girls house, she literally told me to sit down. When I did she took all her clothes off, started making out etc, and all I could think about were negative things. After a while she saw I wasn't into it, and some friends called and made it *not so awkward* to leave. Anxiety 100 percent.

When my friends found out what happened, they thought I was gay, no joke. Like they couldn't understand a situation where that would happen to them. Needless to say, I still want to fuck that girl today. She's got a bf now though, maybe some day.

It took me one day to crush all anxiety. A blink of an eye. I found out after all these years of girls saying "you're cute" and etc etc, I myself still thought I was not worthy and this created a situation of anxiety. I'm very hard on myself and I think it's good to be critical of oneself but I went to far with it, without even knowing it.

In the past 5 months, I have had a sexual encounter every week and a few of the girls like me, one in particular. I'm not sure what I want to do, I'm just playing things out as this 20's dating / fooling around thing is quite new to me. All I can say though, the secret to a pick up artist in my opinion, is crushing anxiety and not being so hard on yourself. I literally just woke up one day and I just had enough, sometimes enough is enough.

This was my solution anyways! Everyone will be different, have fun!