Destruction of a self limiting thought

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:03 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

For some time now I have struggled with public speaking and have massive performance anxiety. This totally affects my inner game with women too.

I want to be a musician and host meetings for people to attend but sweat horribly and shake all over when put 'on the spot.' Our toastmasters club fell apart so I'm not sure how to man the fuck up. People say it never goes away, but I know it does if it becomes routine.

Does anyone have experience in this field? Or did anyone here overcome stage fright?

Just looking for some advice or good experiences.

-Cheers

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:47 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Fuck man, I feel for you.... I am myself dealing with a some what similar situation in which I dread any situation in which I'm put on the stop even the slightest as there is a chance I can blush, I get panic attacks and I feel like melting into the floor if I blush in front of someone.

Anyway you seem to be wanting methods to make the anxiety more bare able and there is loads so try these out:

1) Always "feel" the emotion, don't let it over take you and don't reject it... feeling it is accepting it.

2) Before doing the public speaking/ performance mentally picture yourself in your imagination doing the "act" as you would want it done. This really does take the pressure off.

3) Meditate, honestly once a day... will slow your mind down and reduce the anxiety.

4) If you haven't read the Power of now by Eckhart Tolle do so, as it really hammers home the fact that you are not your mind, which reduces its hold on you.

5) Start a journal, this really helps develop your self esteem, confidence etc.. and you learn so much about yourself.

6) Write down the repetitive thoughts that swirl around your head when you are in the grip of anxiety and breakdown reasons for them.

I hope these help man, I personally recommend also checking out physco cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz and if you like movies fight club and revolver are a must see.

--If you are not giving, you are not living--

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:33 pm 
The Coach

Quote:
Fuck man, I feel for you.... I am myself dealing with a some what similar situation in which I dread any situation in which I'm put on the stop even the slightest as there is a chance I can blush, I get panic attacks and I feel like melting into the floor if I blush in front of someone.

Anyway you seem to be wanting methods to make the anxiety more bare able and there is loads so try these out:

1) Always "feel" the emotion, don't let it over take you and don't reject it... feeling it is accepting it.

2) Before doing the public speaking/ performance mentally picture yourself in your imagination doing the "act" as you would want it done. This really does take the pressure off.

3) Meditate, honestly once a day... will slow your mind down and reduce the anxiety.

4) If you haven't read the Power of now by Eckhart Tolle do so, as it really hammers home the fact that you are not your mind, which reduces its hold on you.

5) Start a journal, this really helps develop your self esteem, confidence etc.. and you learn so much about yourself.

6) Write down the repetitive thoughts that swirl around your head when you are in the grip of anxiety and breakdown reasons for them.

I hope these help man, I personally recommend also checking out physco cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz and if you like movies fight club and revolver are a must see.

This is awesome fuckin advice man... Follow this and with experience in the situations, it will become naturally easier for you.