A reason

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

Post subject: A reason
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:41 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I find that I'm freaked out considerably at the thought of talking to strangers of the street. Sometime's I do it, sometimes I feel as though its impossible to do. So I thought about, really really thought about it for quite some time, and realized that to be able to chat with these people and not be so intimidated I need to have an a reason to talk to them, I have to feel this reason eminate inside myself. I cant just be like..."oh! I wanna go meet people" think about it lightly and do it.

So my question is, what is the process, or how do you create a reason to talk to someone, you REALLY dont NEED to talk to?

Post subject: Re: A reason
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:00 pm 
The Coach

Quote:
I find that I'm freaked out considerably at the thought of talking to strangers of the street. Sometime's I do it, sometimes I feel as though its impossible to do. So I thought about, really really thought about it for quite some time, and realized that to be able to chat with these people and not be so intimidated I need to have an a reason to talk to them, I have to feel this reason eminate inside myself. I cant just be like..."oh! I wanna go meet people" think about it lightly and do it.

So my question is, what is the process, or how do you create a reason to talk to someone, you REALLY dont NEED to talk to?
By meeting tons of new people and interacting with them effectively, you will ultimately be able to build a better life for yourself. You will be able to meet better people as your social skills improve and align with those people, creating relationships that will be mutually beneficial.... If that isn't reason enough, I don't know what else is. The most IMPORTANT thing in this world right now is having relationships and people you can go to.

Personal example....I am now known as the guy who "has a guy" who can handle almost any problem. You need new windows on your house? Cool. I got you. Your car broke down in the middle of Iowa? Give me an hour and I'll have a tow truck there for you. You need somewhere to sleep for a week? I've got someone who will lend you their couch. You need someone buried under the ground? Let me make a phone call. Through mastering pick up, I've been able to make some AWESOME fucking friends (not just girls... Guys too.) who have benefitted my life greatly. No man is an island.

Post subject: Re: A reason
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:27 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Thats really interesting, I find that alot of the time when I try to make these approaches...I'm basically "Hyperfocus" and I think to much. Is this something that goes away with time?