How to start invading other people s air space

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:53 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

So the problem is that I have this fear of opening my mouth when I am near a stranger.

Partly it is because people in my country are very quiet and almost never say hello to strangers.
So as person with a hard past I have huge difficulties.

It is like when I am walking and see a person coming past me I say to myself you have never said hello to
a stranger and thus I can not do it now as well and I will not do it.

Yet I do not know if this uncommon but I have no problems acting goofy even in front of big crowed on stage.
It is like opening my mouth is the hardest part (maybe because my voice becomes quiet around people and it is a fear of mine)
The saying hello part is something that is fucking me up really bad.

So I would really appreciate if you could give like ideas on how to start taking up more of peoples air space by talking. Like little missions I should conquer.

What I can do at the moment is ask directions and that sort of stuff yet can not just say hello.

The missions do not have to be in any order of difficulty. It is just that I need ideas of thing I probably can not do and then start crossing them out by doing them. They can be even harder then saying hello to a stranger .

I just want to conquer my social anxiety

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:01 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Missions:

1. Call complete strangers and try and have a conversation, or tell them a random joke.

2. Make strong eye contact with everyone you walk by and then give them a smile and say hello.

3. Give random strangers on the street complements.

4. Stop complete strangers and tell them an extremely corny joke.

and remember to have a relaxing, but very confident voice. just by faking a confident voice it will make you feel much more confident.

Here's a video from my channel where we do this first mission: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYIRzoZ_0wM

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:50 pm 
The Coach

Check this article I wrote out about over coming social shyness....

http://themajikalmethod.com/welcome-to- ... l-shyness/