What do you all think of this idea?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:51 am 
New to MPUA Forum

We all know the newbie mission right? Go out and smile and say hi to as many people as possible? Well I'm gonna add to that a little bit. I'm going to try to say at least 5 sentences to every person within 10 feet of me. Obviously this can never work in a densely populated place like NYC but for where I live I think it's a good way to learn how to talk to people and overcome this fear of socializing. Is this a good idea?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:04 pm 
Dedicated Member

I don't think doing it by number of sentences is necessarily the best way to go about it. I mean you could just go up to someone and cram 5 sentences in without letting them talk back, they say one word in response and walk off.

If you really want a "goal" then maybe do it by minutes instead. Have a 2 minute conversation, say, instead of just a smile and a hi. This way you're getting used to the natural flow of a conversation and not just chucking 5 sentences in and possibly coming off in an unnatural flow.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:12 am 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
We all know the newbie mission right? Go out and smile and say hi to as many people as possible? Well I'm gonna add to that a little bit. I'm going to try to say at least 5 sentences to every person within 10 feet of me. Obviously this can never work in a densely populated place like NYC but for where I live I think it's a good way to learn how to talk to people and overcome this fear of socializing. Is this a good idea?
There are noobie challlenges, 30day day challenges, and a series of things you can try.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:29 pm 
Dedicated Member

Pretty damn good idea. Try a 30day challenge by Style Life Academy. Jeremy Soul has something similar suggested in an article on attractionforum. Real Social Dynamics offers tons of stuff but its never about what you say or do. Its about being a man that makes moves. Try rsdfreetour.com.