Is this normal?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

Post subject: Is this normal?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:20 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I have this need to the best. Rich,best looking,best anything. And Im depressed as fuck that Im nowhere near where I want to be. All I been feeling lately is apathy. I cant take criticism well at all.. Negative comments bring me down so low. and all I receive nowadays are negative comments.. Which makes me more angry,then depressed if I cant get the anger out

Post subject: Re: Is this normal?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:27 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I don't think it's abnormal but it needs to change. You need to be able to take a little constructive criticism in whatever you do. People that are more experienced/better than you at what you are trying to do will help you out by pointing out what you're doing wrong and tell you what you can do to improve. I think I heard this on the Art of Charm podcast but not exactly sure but they said don't look at your failures as failures. Think of them as learning experiences so next time you know what you did wrong and try to avoid it. This shit is like anything else in that the only way we can get better at it is by practicing and bombing multiple times before we get it right. We simply cannot skip all that failing and just go from sucking to being the best in one shot. I say this like I'm totally comfortable with it but the truth is the thought of all that failing/rejections makes me really uncomfortable. But that's the only way out of my situation so fuck it, I'll bear that discomfort for a little bit. You should too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:52 am 
New to MPUA Forum

No, I don’t think this is normal. You should be ready to accept both positive and negative comments. If you are losing your tempura for these types of incidents, then I think it is the beginning stage of a psychological disorder. I would suggest you to contact a psychiatrist and obtain proper counselling and SPAM.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:40 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Seems like you have your ego wrapped in something it shouldn't be.

Change that.

What do people who are the best all have in common? And what do they take pride in the most?

It isn't the ends they are wrapped in, it is the means. They are Hard Working.

You need to have your ego evolve around the fact that you are the hardest worker. You will outwork anyone, and you will be more efficient in your work than anyone.

I can go into any field, and those who are stars will almost undoubtedly have paid their dues. Michael Jordan, Warren Buffett, Tom Hanks, or in the PUA community perhaps Mystery. They spent tens of thousands of hours working at their craft that other people didn't.

That is how you become the best.

So change your mindset- you are the hardest worker, not the best.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:57 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

You have low self esteem that's all.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:11 pm 
The Coach

Be happy with whatever you have, no matter how little it is... But always want more. And do whatever you have to do to achieve reaching your goal. Don't let anything stop you.