SOLO/WINGS

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

Post subject: SOLO/WINGS
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:31 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I can open with wings, but we don't wing each other. But is really hard to open when I'm going solo. I feel fine going out solo, but opening is hard when I'm solo.
Any way to over come this?? Thanks.

Post subject: Re: SOLO/WINGS
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:19 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

i went solo once outside of my comfort enviroment. I have to do more of it for sure.

my best tip for you is to stay there even though when everything seems hopeless.
youd think I appraoched random person in 10 minutes? lol NO!
it took me an hour!

but its worth it cuz then you build momentum, and you could use that 1st approach as a motivation.

remember that the first 2 hours are practice, sarging isnt 1 hour, its 5 hours. it takes time but its worth it cuz its like an adventure!!!

Post subject: Re: SOLO/WINGS
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:24 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I prefer going solo. This way you do not have to worry about your wing saying something stupid. A good opener to use when you are solo at night is "I'm lost and can't find my friends. Do you guys remember when you were kids and it was so easy to make new friends. You could be my new friends." This opener shows social proof that you are not alone and is a fun conversation starter. I view the first two or three sets as practice to get into a talkative state. As I am walking to the field I open the first people I see. I will even stop into a random restaurant or store and start conversations with the staff. Go out and have a great time even if you are by yourself. You may even meet a new wing.

I hope this helped.
Jamin