ELIMINATE SOCIAL ANXIETY

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:41 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
I also must point this out. OP is wrong about using tramadol to overcome social anxiety.

Tramodol is a prescription painkiller that contains Hydrocodone, a very strong and addictive ingredient.

I will also point out, there is a reason this is prescription only: not only for its addictive nature, but mixed with other prescriptions and even some over-the-counter meds can cause anything from brain damage to death. For example, mixing opiates, like hydrocodone, with Valume or Xanax is a death sentence. If you do not believe me try asking Heath Ledger.

Sorry for being a jackass, but I think this important to point out on a forum frequented by minors.
good point, however..tramadol does not contain hydrocodone. it is a synthetic opioid that is much weaker but more selective for specific subtype of receptors in the brain, Also it has a much longer half-life before being eliminated.
tramadol is known to you americans as ULTRAM. it is a prescription med but not a controlled substance.
tramadol is asking for trouble in my opinion....I was using it before...its like someone who pretends to be your friend then fucks you over...
and yes..mixing any sedative hypnotic (xanax, **zepam) with any opioid based substance will quickly cause depressive effects to the respiratory center in the brain and finish off anyone stupid enough to mix them..
everyone here has been warned.. I hope these words save someone's life or make someone reconsider doing like the OP.

peace out

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:02 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
I've found it's helpful to play this game with a friend. I do not know who the creator of this game was but the guys at SimplePickup mentioned it.

Go to a public place with good traffic. Flip a coin to see who goes first. The person who goes first must approach the girl the other friend points out. Your friend will tell you which girl and then say "GO" - which is when you move to her. If you do not approach you must do 15 push ups where you stand.

This works because most of us are programmed to follow orders and directions as the result of schooling and being told what to do by parents. Additionally, most people's motivational strategies are geared toward moving away from pain rather than moving toward pleasure - hence the push-ups.

The added benefit of this game is your friend can provide you with feedback on your approach. Were you loud enough? Were you slouching in? Were you shaking your head? Were you smiling too much?

Do more than 10 approaches each when you play this game and afterwards reward yourself with your favorite food. Do 10 because towards the end it will feel a lot easier to approach.

Hope this helps.
This sounds like a good idea. I will definitely try this to try to overcome my Approach Excitement :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:40 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey there, I am an 18 Y.O from Australia, Melbourne. I used to have terrible social anxiety. It affected me to the point where I didn't want to hang out with friends or could even look a girl in the eyes. Just the thought of approaching a girl would make me shake and sweat. It was that bad that Whenever I went out all I could think about is what people thought of me and how I could make them like me or even just sitting then saying nothing, afraid that whatever I would say people would think "oh what a loser" or "man who is this guy, he is socially retarded!". It got to the point where I knew I had to change.

I found PUA and decided that I had to give it a try. I completely changed my lifestyle (which was mainly focused around smoking weed, which by the way doesn't help with curing anxiety). I started working out every morning, maintaining a healthy diet (NO JUNK FOOD) and even meditation. I then started to push myself and make it that everyday I would try and step out of my comfort zone at least once. Wether it was staring into a restaurant watching people eat their meals too even asking a girl wether she could give me a back massage on a train. Anxiety for me came from me taking life way to seriously. I came to realise that people are to busy thinking about what people think of them to think about you.

8 months later I'm a completely new person. I'm out every weekend with heaps of friends (So many that I can barley catch up with them all) and I'm generally a lot more happier. At times I'm even the life of the party when I'm out. I don't walk around the house whinging and whining to myself about how shit my life is. If I see something I wanna do. I go out and do it!

If you were like me and suffered from anxiety troubles your probably thinking. "Ohh what a nice story that's never gonna work for me my life is shit". As a Wiseman once said "you miss 100% of the opportunities you don't take". I'm sure as hell glad I took this opportunity. It is possible to chance I feel as though I am living proof of that. ALSO resorting to drugs like Xanax and other codeine based drugs is DEFINITELY NOT an option. Drug use is never the answer it only puts off the problem and in most circumstances make it a lot worse.
:D :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:56 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hi Stelar,
Great thread on elimination of social anxiety and like to add to deal with social anxiety, consult doctor and follow doctor's instructions. Go through a cognitive behavioral therapy and take deep cleansing breaths as it will help you refocusing you fears.