Men That Disrespect Women

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Miscellaneous

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:21 pm 
Dedicated Member

So, I've seen a fair share of these scenarios played out with family, friends, and acquaintances.
Here's the general gist of it, so I don't go into too many specific details.

Let me give you a recent example I've seen:

A female acquaintance of mine is married to a man with status, extensive education and a hefty salary.
She's a 10 in the looks department, she's a great homemaker, but she doesn't have a career, nor a degree, and she's mainly worked minimum-wage jobs.

Now, she's complained to me that whenever they get into any huge arguments, he reminds her that he's the breadwinner, he's paying the bills, his house, etc. When it comes to decision-making, his opinions count first. Overall, she says they are doing okay, arguments aside.

Another example:

Similar couple. One time, I was on a double date type of thing. Well, I overheard him say to my then-boyfriend, "If you don't have a degree, you basically end up working these low-end jobs, like housekeeping."
His girlfriend was right there, sitting next to him, and yep, she's a housekeeper.

______________________________________________________________________________________
Now, yes, men are visual creatures, they prefer beautiful women. They'll take the beautiful woman over the average woman, if given the chance.

But whenever I encounter such scenarios, I can't help but think, hmm, maybe she's not as happy as her FB pictures show.

I'm not saying this happens in every such scenario, but I've seen it played out quite a lot.

Opinions? Have you been in such a situation? Have you acted like this?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:29 pm 
The Grand Puba

Why do your friend's put up with that if they view it as being disrespectful? The problem that I see here is from the man's perspective in each one of these situations...it seems like they are both right. I'm not saying that he should use it to throw in a woman's face...but both statements are the truth from where he's looking at it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:33 pm 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
Why do your friend's put up with that if they view it as being disrespectful? The problem that I see here is from the man's perspective in each one of these situations...it seems like they are both right. I'm not saying that he should use it to throw in a woman's face...but both statements are the truth from where he's looking at it.
I'm not saying he's not right, he is. But shouldn't a relationship be about mutual respect? I get that when people argue, they may throw nasty things at each other.

I think part of the reason is financial security, which they cannot afford with their jobs. Love, too.

But if you don't respect your partner, why date or marry that person? Just to feel more important in the relationship? It's not like these men went in not knowing their women.

Last edited by HT23VWY67 on Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:42 pm 
The Grand Puba

You may view it as disrespectful. She may view it as disrespectful. A guy may view it as speaking his mind.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:47 pm 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
You may view it as disrespectful. She may view it as disrespectful. A guy may view it as speaking his mind.
I get that these men are speaking their minds, but it's not like they went in not knowing this about their women.

Seeing this, I think what works best is picking someone similar to you on many levels. Differences are okay, but not big stark differences. And I do feel like some people do that to have the upper hand in the relationship.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:56 pm 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
Quote:
I get that these men are speaking their minds, but it's not like they went in not knowing this about their women.

Seeing this, I think what works best is picking someone similar to you on many levels. Differences are okay, but not big stark differences. And I do feel like some people do that to have the upper hand in the relationship.
I was going to explain in my last message that these women know how these men think before they get into a relationship and they choose these guys anyway. If they feel disrespected in a relationship they need to take a stand, get out, or fix the problem that caused the disrespect.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:01 pm 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
I was going to explain in my last message that these women know how these men think before they get into a relationship and they choose these guys anyway. If they feel disrespected in a relationship they need to take a stand, get out, or fix the problem that caused the disrespect.
I wouldn't go as far as saying they know how these men think before getting into a relationship. Okay, maybe during the early dating phases, they may drop hints here and there to lead them to think so.

But yeah, you're right. We all probably get a feel of who the person is within the first 3-5 dates.