Travel/ Question regarding PT Work

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Miscellaneous

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:13 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Hey all,

This may be an unusual question but I wanted advice on telling my boss at my PT job where I work 2-3 days in office and a few hours offsite from my office. I do predominately design and media work there. Being able to work offsite as freelance if you will is great for my schedule because it allows me to focus my time on other things, such as my personal business I am also building. I'll be traveling for a festival I'll be speaking at in May for a weekend. I'll be leaving the last week in April and will be returning a week later. However, I just found out that my friends will be meeting me out there in California and wanted me to stay with them an extra week. I would love to stay with them and hangout and need an extra week to do this.

I spoke to my boss that I would be aways for a week, he said that's fine just let xyz know what days I'll be out. I said cool. Now I wanted to email him about adjusting my time returning and extend it for another week. I also wanted to assure him that I can produce work remotely if needed without any problems. These are some of the task I work on from home (Editing, video, graphic work). My question is do you think it would be cool to just shoot him an email to ask about returning a week later. Would really appreciate some advice on this.