At work "pecking order"

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Miscellaneous

Post subject: At work "pecking order"
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:43 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

I'm going to try and make this post straight forward and brief as I possibly can. You could see this a two part problem. It would help if you read the whole thing, if you want more info on the matter i can pm any questions you may have. If you cba to read it all, I'm basically asking how can I gain more respect at work and two how to stop someone running the shop acting like a spoilt brat even though their on the bottom of the ladder.

1)I've been in my job for FOUR YEARS, I liked it at the start, but it was always a temporary thing after dropping out of uni. Its not the job I see myself doing forever. I don't want to work my way up to management level however I wouldn't mind working head office to do something marketing related.

Admittedly I'm not the best at the job, but I'm not the worst( everyone has their strengths and weakness there obviously, that's what makes a team) I always feel they always entrust people with other jobs and end up leaving me on the till. They will sometimes make backhanded comments about my work rate and intelligence. We had a super dominant manager who's now left who didn't have any faith in me and knocked my confidence. I just feel now though I have a tag and its proving hard to shake off. My managers entrust people with jobs who haven't been there as long as me because they moan about being on the till. I never really voice my opinion against this. I just want them to see my as a key person or treat me with more respect rather(even though I want the respect and stuff I kind of don't care about the job either as hypocritical as they may seem, but still I want to be treated with respect and trusted to do my job.

2) My best friend at work is like alpha female, she literally runs the place even though she's on the same level as me, she's moved up one position recently( more like a supervisor, not even part of full management, As its - Staff-supervisor-assistant manager - store manager)She gives the managers so much shit and such a hard time, but yet deep down they love her, I feel like if I was to kick off. They would be like "oh (stupid my name) and I would get nowhere with attitude, yet it seems to work for her. I just basically feel at the bottom of the ladder and not sure how to change it. I just sometimes feel like the girls get an easier ride in my company. She does flirt her way around, not sleeps around, it's just her personality and the male management always fall for it. She has extended breaks e.g we only get 15 minutes she hall 45, if we have an hour she has an hour and half.

Obviously this a very individual story and is more complex(you'd have to be there to fully understand), but you should get the gist. How can I get more respect at work and, why is she getting treated like top dog.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:38 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Start approaching women and having sex with them. Your confidence will shoot up and it will help you in all areas of life. It will help you to gain more assertiveness.
Quote:
Admittedly I'm not the best at the job
Get better at it. Put in an honest effort to improve. DON'T JUST DO THE SHIT YOU ARE ASSIGNED TO DO. GO THE EXTRA MILE AND DO TASKS THAT ARE NOT ASKED OF YOU. PICK UP THE PAPER YOU SEE ON THE GROUND. EVEN IF NO ONE IS LOOKING. If you don't do these things, don't expect more.

As for the woman, who fucking cares. In any organization you will see things like this. Mind your own and advance yourself for yourself. In 10 years you won't even remember that woman. Put yourself on an upward trajectory.

Maybe start looking for a fresh start somewhere else in the meantime.